BEWARE: Serenade cabin # 9078

nelblu

Uh oh....I have center hump 9586 on The Brilliance next year. Please tell me it's protected by the "wall".:( I was really excited to score this cabin. Now, I'm concerned.

It looks like you are about 5 cabins away from the opening so you will probably not hear the music from the centrum.

I sailed on Serenade in 2010 in cabin 7110. Noise from the Centrum entertainment was a problem back then too. I can't believe they haven't taken steps to correct it by now. There were a couple nights that, despite repeated complaints to guest services, they didn't turn down the music until 1 or 2 AM. Guest services seemed to think I was simply being too sensative to the noise and should have brought ear plugs. If I can clearly hear the lyrics from 3 decks down while inside my cabin with the door closed, that is simply too loud.

Back then Serenade had a card room on deck 10 where cabin 1053 is now that was open to the Centrum. That cruise I was with my mom who likes to play cards after dinner in the evenings. We had a group and tried to play in the card room, but it was so noisy that we couldn't hear each other speaking. We ended up meeting in the Solarium since that was relatively quiet in the evenings.

I sailed on Serenade in 2010 in cabin 7110. Noise from the Centrum entertainment was a problem back then too. I can't believe they haven't taken steps to correct it by now. There were a couple nights that, despite repeated complaints to guest services, they didn't turn down the music until 1 or 2 AM. Guest services seemed to think I was simply being too sensative to the noise and should have brought ear plugs. If I can clearly hear the lyrics from 3 decks down while inside my cabin with the door closed, that is simply too loud.

Back then Serenade had a card room on deck 10 where cabin 1053 is now that was open to the Centrum. That cruise I was with my mom who likes to play cards after dinner in the evenings. We had a group and tried to play in the card room, but it was so noisy that we couldn't hear each other speaking. We ended up meeting in the Solarium since that was relatively quiet in the evenings.

The guest services associates, on this cruise, were very symphatetic and understanding as they had to endure the noise/music from about 8-12+pm.

There was also, problems with rooms above the theatre during performers practices. We met a couple from California that basically told us that they could hear and could tell which songs the performers would be performing--We symphatized with them, but at least this occurred during the day when very few pax are in their cabins.

Uh oh. We are in 1054 on Serenade in March. Room 1054 is the old concierge lounge, and it's right near the Centrum. Can anyone tell me if it is beyond the fire doors or is wide open to the Centrum. The good news is that my wife and I don't normally go to bed till 11:30pm or so. The bad news is that our young kids will be in the room with a babysitter by 9pm or so.

Uh oh. We are in 1054 on Serenade in March. Room 1054 is the old concierge lounge, and it's right near the Centrum. Can anyone tell me if it is beyond the fire doors or is wide open to the Centrum. The good news is that my wife and I don't normally go to bed till 11:30pm or so. The bad news is that our young kids will be in the room with a babysitter by 9pm or so.

If I remember? the room is right beside the now new 'Card Room', it was noisy when we walked by it on our last Serenade cruise. It is just an open area with tables there now.

It is glass on the one side of the cabin, to the card room area, as it was before when a CL but the cabin door maybe? inside the hallway......not sure about that. Could be the inside of the glass wall is all sound proofed inside?

They had a table right beside the glass wall I remember though. It was a very packed room all day on sea days and into the night. Not many tables now the card room is gone.

I have a little stash of foam earplugs in my travel toiletries bag. You never know when you might need them. Hotels, other people's homes, cruise ships. I never leave home without them.

Earplugs, hubby's cpap white noise, and a pillow over my head (I'm a side sleeper), and I'm gone.

We have had this exact cabin on Jewel as well as other cabins in the same area (#9576, 9578 (opposite 9078)) on other Radiance class ships, and friends have been in #9076. We have never experienced any noise from the Centrum once our door was shut. As another poster said, this particular band/entertainment must have been extremely LOUD. :eek:

Thank you Rala, we're going to stay put then. I looked online last night and there aren't many cabins left, so your post ( and a few others ) is good news. Phew!!!

We had 1554 last month and were actually amazed at how insulated the room was. You could barely hear the Centrum noise unless the door was open. I think we heard chairs being moved around more (not worth complaining about) than the music. The wall must be the big difference. I would take this hump cabin again in a heartbeat!!!

I had 9076 in January of 2012 on Serenade. While we did hear the entertainers in the Centrum at night, it ended by 11 and wasn't so loud that we were kept awake. Our balcony was huge and the location was extremely convenient.

I wonder if the European itinerary has some differences in the entertainment and ending times? The Serenade cruise I was on started in San Juan. I know that Europeans tend to eat later in the evening and may stay up later for entertainment. Could the itinerary have an effect on the type, time, and volume of the centrum entertainment?

I have 9078 booked for my upcoming Jewel cruise. I hope that my experience will be like my last and not like the experience that the OP had! I made my final payment today.

Edited by khm1

I had 9076 in January of 2012 on Serenade. While we did hear the entertainers in the Centrum at night, it ended by 11 and wasn't so loud that we were kept awake. Our balcony was huge and the location was extremely convenient.

I wonder if the European itinerary has some differences in the entertainment and ending times? The Serenade cruise I was on started in San Juan. I know that Europeans tend to eat later in the evening and may stay up later for entertainment. Could the itinerary have an effect on the type, time, and volume of the centrum entertainment?

I have 9078 booked for my upcoming Jewel cruise. I hope that my experience will be like my last and not like the experience that the OP had! I made my final payment today.

Depending on the Centrum similarities/dissimilarities between the two ships and the kind of entertainment, I'm wishing you a calmer and quieter atmosphere.

I have just come off the Serenade in cabin 8086 and it was very very loud until midnight. Even with earplugs I was unable to sleep. I do think maybe Rcl needs to make people aware of potential noise issues. We still had a fab time I just stayed up till after midnight :D

If you could please report here after your Nov. Jewel cruise about the noise issue or not I would most appreciate it. Many thanks. Chris and Carl

Oh great :eek: I just booked 9078 for my October Jewel cruise. Guess I need to decide if the large balcony is more important than sleeping. I did wonder why this was still available.

You could always hope for an upgrade (if available) if the cabin is as noisy

as it was with us. Just in case I'll give you the Guest Service Manager's Name--Ms Karine Rayneau.

We had cabin 8588 on Jewel this summer.....the noise coming up from the Centrum was unbelievably loud! My DH, the engineer that he is, opened the closet door and also the bathroom door, and that "blocked" the noise just enough so we could fall asleep! :)

If you could please report here after your Nov. Jewel cruise about the noise issue or not I would most appreciate it. Many thanks. Chris and Carl

Will do. But maybe cruiseacecat could let us know even sooner?

You could always hope for an upgrade (if available) if the cabin is as noisy

as it was with us. Just in case I'll give you the Guest Service Manager's Name--Ms Karine Rayneau.

Thanks, I have made a note. Going to think about this a bit more. Only a few cabins left in that category and I really do not want to pay for an upgrade. :)

Edited by cruiseacecat

We had cabin 8588 on Jewel this summer.....the noise coming up from the Centrum was unbelievably loud! My DH, the engineer that he is, opened the closet door and also the bathroom door, and that "blocked" the noise just enough so we could fall asleep! :)

Would never have thought of that. Hope I do not need to try it. Knowing me, I would get up in the middle of the night and walk right into the door.

Edited by cruiseacecat

If I keep this cabin, I promise to come back and report. I had this problem once years ago, and was given an inside to sleep in. I could live with that.

A inside cabin on this itinerary for us would be a huge let down. The beauty of the balcony is the beauty and excitement of sailing in/out of ports, especially Venice, Salerno and Dubrovnik..

Ok so tell me how 8128 that you moved to was. We are booked in that cabin in January! :)

It's a nice and very quiet cabin as compared to 9078. It is approximate 14 cabins further from the Centrum & elevators. It is an E category and smaller than the 9078 which was a D category. You get a nice view from the balcony.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Eeek! A little late to the game here, but is outside noise an issue for 9078 after the 2016 refurbishment of Jewel of the Seas? We just booked it for a 2018 cruise. Thank you.

9078 0n Radiance class ships is one of our favorite staterooms and we have found that the fire doors are closed at some point in the evening and this dramatically reduces the degree of noise emanating from the Centrum. The location and the larger balcony are among our reasons for preferring this stateroom.

we loved 9078!!.... there are some tables and c omfy chairs overlooking the railing of the centrum and in the evening there was entertainment.. we grabbed some drinks and nibbles from the diamond lounge and instead of trying to find a seat in the crowded lounge we took them there... we had no problem as we were late turning in.. just closed the fire door behind us...found it a great convienient location and a great balcony