Questions galore

franky1au

G`day Bwanna and I are going on an 8 day cruise in 4 days and I have many questions that I am hoping veteran cruisers might help with.

Da ship is The Pacific Jewel.destination Noumea and back {I hope}

1,how do you put cash onto your cruisey card and how do I get it back.,If I put in cash will I get cash back or put into an account.

2,regarding sea sickness not knowing whether we will get it or not,is it ok to take a pill each day just in case?

3,I opted to get a drink package but not sure what it gives you.Do they have coke or pepsi.

4,we have a wifi package that gives 250mb is that a day or all up,because it dosnt seem much at all.

5,tvs in room can you attach a media player to a usb port or are they impossible to reach would brfingintg dvds be better.

6,apparently the library on the Jewel is on a hospital trolley,is this true?

Thanks guys

• 3 weeks later...

Seems you have cruised before getting the answers, perhaps you can answer them yourself by now but here goes..

1. Go to guest services and load your account, empty it again on the last evening. Alternatively use a credit card.

2. I am sure you doctor would advise it is okay (pill type dependent), sea bands may be a better way to go.

3.Pretty sure it is syrup mix of coke.

4.I have never bothered with the wifi package but I would think it would be for the whole cruise.

5. the TVs are tuned in a way that you cannot change to HDMI or such.

6. I do not know if that is true or not.

Hope you had a good cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
G`day Bwanna and I are going on an 8 day cruise in 4 days and I have many questions that I am hoping veteran cruisers might help with.

Da ship is The Pacific Jewel.destination Noumea and back {I hope}

1,how do you put cash onto your cruisey card and how do I get it back.,If I put in cash will I get cash back or put into an account.

2,regarding sea sickness not knowing whether we will get it or not,is it ok to take a pill each day just in case?

3,I opted to get a drink package but not sure what it gives you.Do they have coke or pepsi.

4,we have a wifi package that gives 250mb is that a day or all up,because it dosnt seem much at all.

5,tvs in room can you attach a media player to a usb port or are they impossible to reach would brfingintg dvds be better.

6,apparently the library on the Jewel is on a hospital trolley,is this true?

Thanks guys

Hi,

I have been on the Pacific Jewel twice this year, so I have a rough idea of the answers to your questions.

1. When I went to load cash onto my card, I was advised that you must now use the P&O digital onboard atm/computer system yourself, where you can choose the amount that you wish to apply to your account.

2. I would suggest using the sea sickness bands if you are unsure if you will be affected.

3. They have both Pepsi and Coca Cola, in which they pour you a glass from a can if you have a drinks package. They have stopped using post-mix.

4. I am unsure about the WiFi packages.

5. The TV's from my experience don't usually have a built in DVD player and depending on your room, the back of the set may be difficult to access.

6. I cannot comment on the library.

If you have any questions, please contact me :)

Thanks,

CruiserGuy135