Recommendations - Reflection 4 nights- AQ & Blu or CC/Verandah and Speciality Dining?

Conanc

Hi there,

It's been awhile since we have cruised. We've enjoyed weddings and grandchildren and we downsized, sold our home and moved. We are ready to get back into the game!

We are starting with a short four night getaway before Christmas on the Reflection, and were looking for some guidance on which category and cabins are suggested. We like forward cabins and spend a lot of time relaxing on our balcony. We don't need a huge balcony, but we like the comfort of footstools. We've sailed on the Solstice in the past in a regular verandah and have sailed CC as well but it has been awhile. We were thinking of trying AQ this time, mainly because of Blu, but "The World is Open Sale" is going on for the next few days, so we are trying to decide if we should just book CC or a standard verandah stateroom, and use the onboard credit for specialty restaurant dining for all four nights. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

My 2 cents ... go for AQ. If you’re tempted to see what Blue is all about, what better way than on a four night cruise? If it doesn’t meet your expectations or give you the overall value you were hoping by for (and let’s face it, paying for), then you will know next time to look at other classes of cabins and the Specialty restaurants to supplement your dining experience.

If you enjoy it and find the value in AQ, you can now book longer AQ cruises with confidence.

I am sure you will enjoy the cruise either way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go for the Specialty Restaurants, especially on the Reflection. We have found that Blu on this ship is rather crowded and not as enjoyable as on other ships we have been on. Staff is outstanding but overworked in my opinion. I would consider Murano and the Lawn Club Grill as the best on that ship. Head to Tuscan Grill for the view around sunset. The food is very good in the MDR. Enjoy.

We love the specialty restaurants, but I am going to agree with Cruzin&Snuzin. I think if you're curious about Aqua then a 4night cruise is the perfect way to test it out without committing to spending more money like you would on a 7nt or longer cruise. If you're trying to advance in Captain's club then you're also going to get more points with AQ than a standard Verandah. Either way you're going to love your cruise. Enjoy!

Hi there,

It's been awhile since we have cruised. We've enjoyed weddings and grandchildren and we downsized, sold our home and moved. We are ready to get back into the game!

We are starting with a short four night getaway before Christmas on the Reflection, and were looking for some guidance on which category and cabins are suggested. We like forward cabins and spend a lot of time relaxing on our balcony. We don't need a huge balcony, but we like the comfort of footstools. We've sailed on the Solstice in the past in a regular verandah and have sailed CC as well but it has been awhile. We were thinking of trying AQ this time, mainly because of Blu, but "The World is Open Sale" is going on for the next few days, so we are trying to decide if we should just book CC or a standard verandah stateroom, and use the onboard credit for specialty restaurant dining for all four nights. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much!

You did not mention anything about price; but I see that for your cruise the price difference between AQ and a standard verandah is $50 per person per night. Instead of booking AQ, I would go for the standard verandah and spend the difference on a four-night specialty dinning package at only $31.25 per person per night along with an upgrade to the Premium Beverage Package at $11.80 per person per night - and pocket the remaining change!

I have loved eating in Blu on several previous cruises, but AQ prices have escalated to the point that Aqua is no longer worth it relative to the alternative of eating in specialty restaurants.

I would go for the Specialty Restaurants, especially on the Reflection. We have found that Blu on this ship is rather crowded and not as enjoyable as on other ships we have been on. Staff is outstanding but overworked in my opinion. I would consider Murano and the Lawn Club Grill as the best on that ship. Head to Tuscan Grill for the view around sunset. The food is very good in the MDR. Enjoy.

We are currently on the Reflection in Aqua; Blu has been as good and many nights better than on the other S class ships. It has not been crowded and service has been excellent. If you want to try AQ now would be the time. We were offered 50% off a speciality restaurant for the first night. No guarantee you will get the same offer but if you do you get to try Blu for 3 nights and 1 of the specialities as well.

We love the specialty restaurants, but I am going to agree with Cruzin&Snuzin. I think if you're curious about Aqua then a 4night cruise is the perfect way to test it out without committing to spending more money like you would on a 7nt or longer cruise. If you're trying to advance in Captain's club then you're also going to get more points with AQ than a standard Verandah. Either way you're going to love your cruise. Enjoy!

Perfect advice....try it out on a shorter cruise...and get extra CC points!