40% off wine

Rdclfamily

What's the catch?

I read that when you book a specialty dining package, you get 40% off wine if you buy it while you are in the restaurant.

Do they offer different and more expensive wines in there or something?

Seems like it makes sense to pay to dine and then save on wine. Like the cost of the wine savings would cover the cost of dining, no? Ex: If it is $20 per person to dine in a specialty restaurant and you purchase a $60 bottle of wine at 40% off. You save $24, which covers the cost of dining.

There MUST be a catch! Help me before I do something stupid...

It's only a savings if you were already planning on purchasing that $60 bottle of done.

It's 40% off bottles up to $100. 20% off bottles over $100.

Wine is $12 per glass. I definitely planned on having a glass or two a night. There is nothing cheaper than a $50 bottle of pinot noir and it compares to having 4 glasses. So if we buy the 5 dinners or lunches for $105, and then buy a bottle of wine or two per dinner, we'll have substantial savings over the duration of the cruise.

I still feel like my math must be off or they must have a trick up their sleeve.

Wine is $12 per glass. I definitely planned on having a glass or two a night. There is nothing cheaper than a $50 bottle of pinot noir and it compares to having 4 glasses. So if we buy the 5 dinners or lunches for $105, and then buy a bottle of wine or two per dinner, we'll have substantial savings over the duration of the cruise.

I still feel like my math must be off or they must have a trick up their sleeve.

No tricks just huge markups on the bottles of wine. Even with the discount they still make money and you paid for the specialty restaurants as well.

What's the catch?

I read that when you book a specialty dining package, you get 40% off wine if you buy it while you are in the restaurant.

Do they offer different and more expensive wines in there or something?

Seems like it makes sense to pay to dine and then save on wine. Like the cost of the wine savings would cover the cost of dining, no? Ex: If it is $20 per person to dine in a specialty restaurant and you purchase a $60 bottle of wine at 40% off. You save $24, which covers the cost of dining.

There MUST be a catch! Help me before I do something stupid...

Does this 40% off wine apply when you buy the BOGO dining package?

• 1 month later...

Wondering if they let you buy more than one bottle per night even if you don't drink it there...Inquiring minds want to know. Ha! Also curious if anyone has recently been on the Anthem and seen the 3 - 5 - 7 bottle of wine package offered. Yes, I like my wine, but I don't get the drink package.

Cindy

We didn’t buy the wine package in the end when on Oasis last week. Instead we took our 2 bottles per cabin (3 cabins) on board and used them in the speciality restaurants. As one couple had the drinks package and we had our comp bottle that meant 7 bottles between 4 on a 7 night cruise. Using our 3 D+ vouchers ( 2 of us) if worked very well. In addition we weren’t charged the corkage fee at all so we came out wining all ways.

Hmmmm. I purchased the drink package but I'm really just a wine drinker. Also purchased a 5 night speciality dining package. Already planning on purchasing bottles at dinner because wine by the glass offerings are so limited. Not what I'd drink at home... may be better off just bringing a few bottles on and purchasing bottles nightly! Time to rethink the plan! Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk