Keio Plaza Hotel, Tokyo - a few questions

starskyfan

For those who have booked this hotel with Princess, can you tell me your experience? For anyone who has stayed here, how is the location as far as walking to attractions? I know I could do everything cheaper on my own, but for a place like Tokyo I'm wondering if letting Princess take care of everything might be my best bet. Other than the cost, my main hesitation is that sometimes the Princess hotels aren't really located where I want to be. I'm just starting my research so at this point I don't really know what the best location is. I'm thinking of 3 nights pre-cruise. The ship leaves from Yokohama which is another reason I thought letting Princess handle the transfers was a good idea. I have not been to this part of the world before so any input or suggestions are very much appreciated.

Thanks, Brenda

Keko Plaza is a very nice, very large international hotel located near (5 minute walk) one of the main entrances to Shinjuku Station.

Shinjuku Station is the largest and busiest train station in Japan - and the world.

Across the street from Keio Plaza is the new Tokyo City Hall, with great observation platforms on the higher floors.

The neighborhood around Keio Plaza is busy, but quiet - and very safe. There are several other large International Hotels in the neighborhood, including the Park Hyatt, where "Lost in Translation" was filmed.

"Shinjuku" translates as "new city center". It is a very large city inside an even larger city. You could spend a week just in Shinjuku; eating, shopping, and sight-seeing.

If you are going anywhere is Japan, Shinjuku Station is a great place to start. There are more trains, subways, buses, and taxis there than anywhere else in Japan.

My husband and I stayed at the Keio Plaza for three night Pre Cruise through Princesses, I have to say we were very impressed [emoji1303] loved the location and the close walk to Shinjuku station. The hotel was very model, many things to do with in a close walk. Our view was of the Tokyo City Hall.

Here are some pictures, look over on the Main Princess board , I did a live report of our hotel stay and cruise.48fc7901b86696b4f95c84c08d20f8b8.jpg3f7e3a7cb35e46cb313b4910e14eae98.jpg

And of course the had the wonderful Japanese toilets that I fell in love with [emoji6]

96052a6711564e345bb9e6ac0a77f7f0.jpg

608744e4f076b2e21f947777df110b8e.jpg

I thought Princess did an excellent job with transfers to the hotel and transfers to the ship

We are looking to return to Japan in either Spring 2019 or Fall 2020 and most likely will do Princess again and stay at Keio Plaza again.

Thank you both so much, you have made my decision much easier. It definitely sounds like a great location and a nice hotel. Perhaps I will book 4 nights instead of 3:D.

Laffnvegas, thanks for the photos too. The toilet looks complicated (lol). I will definitely look for your report.

Much appreciation for taking the time to post. This is truly a big help.

Brenda

• 1 month later...

We did a Mt Fuji day trip that the pick up was from your hotel (booked thru viator) which was great.

Whilst we stayed in Shinjuku, we tried a number of tiny local restaurants, choosing our meals from pictures and at one place, eating local food. It was a great experince

We have been to Japan twice both times staying in Shinjuku and just caught the train to Yokohama ourselves.

The trains from Shinjuku to Nihon Odori (station near Yokohama's Osanbashi pier) would cost you less than US$ 10 per person, and would take about 60 minutes.

JR train from Shinjuku to Shibuya; 15 minutes, 240 yen.

Toyoko Line from Shibuya to Nihon Odori; 29 minutes, 450 yen.

Nihon Odori station is a 10 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi ride from Osanbashi cruise terminal.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

We did a Mt Fuji day trip that the pick up was from your hotel (booked thru viator) which was great.

Whilst we stayed in Shinjuku, we tried a number of tiny local restaurants, choosing our meals from pictures and at one place, eating local food. It was a great experince

We have been to Japan twice both times staying in Shinjuku and just caught the train to Yokohama ourselves.

The trains from Shinjuku to Nihon Odori (station near Yokohama's Osanbashi pier) would cost you less than US$ 10 per person, and would take about 60 minutes.

JR train from Shinjuku to Shibuya; 15 minutes, 240 yen.

Toyoko Line from Shibuya to Nihon Odori; 29 minutes, 450 yen.

Nihon Odori station is a 10 minute walk or a 5 minute taxi ride from Osanbashi cruise terminal.

QUOTEmultiquote_off.gif

Thanks for the information, it's all very helpful! I was thinking about a Mt Fuji excursion too so that is good to know.

I can't even imagine how hard its going to be to eat there. Picking meals from a photo might be the only way. I really only eat chicken so as long as I get that I'll probably be happy. It will be an adventure for sure.

Brenda

Thanks for the information, it's all very helpful! I was thinking about a Mt Fuji excursion too so that is good to know.

I can't even imagine how hard its going to be to eat there. Picking meals from a photo might be the only way. I really only eat chicken so as long as I get that I'll probably be happy. It will be an adventure for sure.

Brenda

You can eat at familiar places from the Keio. Walk out the front door , turn right and half a block away is a Sizzler with an all you can eat pasta and salad bar. Keep walking and turn left at the end of that street and one block away is a Denny's.There is also a McDonalds in Shinjuku.