Sydney OPT to Airport for 11 am Domestic Flight

bleacher04

Hello all -- we would appreciate any tips or guidance here.

We will be ending a cruise in mid-March in Sydney, disembarking at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at 7:00 am. We have booked an 11:00 am flight to Brisbane, because that's the last flight that can get us to Hamilton Island that same day.

We knew when we booked this that it could be tight, but I'm counting on the fact that it's a domestic flight to give us some breathing room. And we're young-ish and fit and just crazy enough to try it...

I will be a 4-star HAL Mariner by the time of the cruise, so we can get priority disembarkation. So my questions are:

1) Taxi, Uber, train, or pre-booked transportation?

2) Keep our luggage and take it off the ship ourselves (if allowed), or pick it up in the terminal as usual?

3) Anything else from anyone who has done this before? Successful stories preferred...

Thank you!

We just disembarked this week at the OPT, on Radiance of the Seas, and pre-booked our transportation which worked perfectly for our 11:50am international flight. We requested the first bag tag number and got lucky to receive #2. We were off the ship quite quickly, with our transport waiting, and got to the airport in the expected timeframe.

Hello all -- we would appreciate any tips or guidance here.

We will be ending a cruise in mid-March in Sydney, disembarking at the Overseas Passenger Terminal at 7:00 am. We have booked an 11:00 am flight to Brisbane, because that's the last flight that can get us to Hamilton Island that same day.

We knew when we booked this that it could be tight, but I'm counting on the fact that it's a domestic flight to give us some breathing room. And we're young-ish and fit and just crazy enough to try it...

I will be a 4-star HAL Mariner by the time of the cruise, so we can get priority disembarkation. So my questions are:

1) Taxi, Uber, train, or pre-booked transportation?

2) Keep our luggage and take it off the ship ourselves (if allowed), or pick it up in the terminal as usual?

3) Anything else from anyone who has done this before? Successful stories preferred...

Thank you!

Walk up to Circular Key Station and catch the Train directly into the Terminal

Thanks for everyone's comments (and reassurance). Sounds like the train is the way to go.

We would have opted for a later flight, if one had been available. But the last flight from Sydney to Hamilton Island, on Virgin or Qantas, was 11:00 am via Brisbane.

Provided there is no delays in arrival or clearance you will be fine. We got off Voyager OTS two weeks ago (arrival time listed as 6:30am) in a leisurely manner & we were at Circular Quay station at 8:10am. We had luggage tags #2. We didn't go to airport, but could have been there by around 8:30am if that was where we were going.

Train is best option, and the station at Domestic airport is right under the terminal.