Msc for Me app

87turboii

The app is supposed to work without purchasing any wifi package. It uses the ship's internal wifi and should not need to connect outside of that. That is how it's supposed to work, so give it time but you should not have to purchase any wifi package. Just connect to the ship's wifi network once onboard and it should work.

I was told by an IT person working on the Seaside, to access your shipboard account and obtain other info specific to you, like your pre purchased tour schedule, etc you MUST have WiFi package. Without it, you can see your itinerary, ship activities, general info. But nothing specific to your reservation. This will not change.

It is pretty much the same info on the interactive screens on the ship. I also have a wrist band. They will open your door, but you need your card to turn on the light in your cabin. You can use it to make reservations at the interactive screens, but right now, the bands don't work to purchase drinks or in the shops. That will change. I didn't pay for ours. But many people did. Total waste.

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app

I was told by an IT person working on the Seaside, to access your shipboard account and obtain other info specific to you, like your pre purchased tour schedule, etc you MUST have WiFi package. Without it, you can see your itinerary, ship activities, general info. But nothing specific to your reservation. This will not change.

Interesting. This is not supposed to be the way the apps work. All features should work without buying a package. Anyway I’m sailing next month and I’ll be sure to test it both ways, connected with a purchased package and connected to just the ship’s WiFi.

It was also my understanding that you didn't need to use your purchased wifi to use the app. It's been so frustrating. Perhaps the guy from Italy who I spoke to us wrong. You never know. The technology is in place, but we've had so many issues. Even today, waiters are still charging for drink package drinks. They are inputting the correct codes, but the system is buggy. Every order is via tablet. Most waiters are young and very tech savvy. It's not them...it's the way the software was set up. A team of IT guys are working on it. There are some assigned to the dining room at meal time. So with them there, we see fewer charges.

It's worse in the bars! But this issue is very fixable. The plumbing and deck drainage issues are going to be more challenging. Good luck to the next group of passengers in Miami!

It was also my understanding that you didn't need to use your purchased wifi to use the app. It's been so frustrating. Perhaps the guy from Italy who I spoke to us wrong. You never know. The technology is in place, but we've had so many issues. Even today, waiters are still charging for drink package drinks. They are inputting the correct codes, but the system is buggy. Every order is via tablet. Most waiters are young and very tech savvy. It's not them...it's the way the software was set up. A team of IT guys are working on it. There are some assigned to the dining room at meal time. So with them there, we see fewer charges.

Technology certainly can create challenges. Royal Caribbean rolled out a entire new series of technology upgrades with QUANTUM OF THE SEAS. New app, new check-in, new high speed internet, new "wow bands", waiters using tablets for everything, etc. etc. I was on the inaugural crossing. Nothing worked and it was a bit of a disaster. I felt bad for the poor waiters and those tablets. The pool area by the kids "wave pool" was always flooded as well. Not sure that was ever corrected or worked like it should. It was challenging but eventually most of it did work out, many cruises later. Royal did abandon the new dining concept about a year later. Like SEASIDE, the QUANTUM was a prototype and first in class, so the added challenge of none of the crew being familiar with the ship and everything being tested for the first time.

Two great things came out of it. We all got free drinks the first day as none of the POS systems were working, and at the end of the cruise they announced that no one would be charged for the internet as that never worked as it should either.

Technology certainly can create challenges. Royal Caribbean rolled out a entire new series of technology upgrades with QUANTUM OF THE SEAS. New app, new check-in, new high speed internet, new "wow bands", waiters using tablets for everything, etc. etc. I was on the inaugural crossing. Nothing worked and it was a bit of a disaster. I felt bad for the poor waiters and those tablets. The pool area by the kids "wave pool" was always flooded as well. Not sure that was ever corrected or worked like it should. It was challenging but eventually most of it did work out, many cruises later. Royal did abandon the new dining concept about a year later. Like SEASIDE, the QUANTUM was a prototype and first in class, so the added challenge of none of the crew being familiar with the ship and everything being tested for the first time.

Two great things came out of it. We all got free drinks the first day as none of the POS systems were working, and at the end of the cruise they announced that no one would be charged for the internet as that never worked as it should either.

MSC not so generous.

MSC not so generous.

Well perhaps because your internet actually worked as well as the POS terminals the first day. I think Royal was left with little choice regarding the free drinks on the first day. Mind you it wasn’t something they advertised.