***Welcome To The New Cruise Countdown Club***

mstrc1

Sharon, I agree about Louisiana getting snow. How much snow did you get? We got about 2" and the sun ad wind is taking it away. So Bill is not going to fire up the snow blower. He will just sweep the snow off the steps.

Yes, you did tell me about your father and him being on the Missouri. It is a very impressive ship to see. So all in all it sounds like the presentation was well worth going to listen to it. It has been 76 years since the bombing. America Remembers.

Wow having the bad daughter in the same pool as you. Lucky you were not all alone and also good that she left. You do not need any kind of stress from that.

I figured you would have been all spent doing 2 back to back exercise classes the very same day. I cannot imagine saying you are loosing too much. Although you have to stay at you range to maintain lifetime status. So congrats on loosing 1.2. Listen to this, I lost 1.4 this morning and I stayed to listen on the new system. Very interesting. With you going away tomorrow and eating out for a week I am sure your wish will come true.

Enjoy and have a great trip and a great time away.

Kathy

Good for you! That was an impressive loss. You are right about me gaining this coming week. Last time I was down for a week I gained 5 pounds. Hopefully I don't gain that much, just kinda want to stay where I'm at now. I am down 17 pounds, was only going to try to lose 10 when I started. The new program sounds interesting for sure. Some meals will not have any point at all unless you add a piece of bread.

I am all ready, I think, if I have forgot anything I will just buy it down there. We are leaving at 6:15 am so I am going to bed early. Probably won't sleep but at least will get some rest in. My sister said she would be at the hotel waiting when I got there.

We only got a dusting of snow, not even enough to sweep away. When the sun came out it was gone.

So if have good internet will be able to post, if not I'll "talk" when I get back.

Sharon

Sharon, so I hope you are on you way or even better arrived there. I know how it is with Internet when traveling. So if you can not get on to post we will talk when you return. Are you going with that friend of your's, or are you traveling all alone?

So you only got a dusting and we got 2". But most of it was gone with the sun and winds. Bill only had to us a shovel to clear the front porch and a bit on the driveway. But not enough to fire up the snow blower. With temps in the mid 30's today it should be almost all gone later on.

Wow, you certainly have done a far much better job with loosing weight than I have. You should be proud of yourself loosing 17 pounds. Traveling and eating out will put some pounds back on. But like you said hopefully not 5 pounds. Yes, it was good for me to loose that amount. I just hope I can keep it off. The way it has been going I loose one week and put it back on the next. I would rather just maintain.

That is good to just realize, that if you have forgotten anything just buy it once you are there. There is no cense in getting all crazy trying to remember if you have packed every thing you need or not.

Truly be safe and have a great time away, talk to you whenever.

Kathy

I am home! I went with my friend, the same one that went last year. She spent every day in the hospital with her dad. My sister and I had a good Monday and Tuesday but then she started having so much pain that we had to go to the dr for pain meds (that didn't help) and just take it easy at the hotel the rest of the time. The weather was in the 60's and the last couple of days got up to 74. The hotel had an outside pool with a temperature of 86 so Friday i went swimming.

She stayed with me Mon Tue and Wednesday, but I could not sleep with her there so Thursday I told her she had to go home and sleep so I could. She gets up in the middle of the night and eats and sleeps alot during the early evening so by bedtime she is not tired.Then Wed she had so much pain neither one of us could sleep. We were both losing patience because we were tired. I got to the point I just wanted a little alone time. Not used to being with soneone 24 hrs a day, every day.

She does not want to admit the pain is from the cancer yet. I don't think she is going to have a very good outcome. Glad I went but glad to be home. We get along better talking on the phone and I feel bad about that.

There was very poor Internet at the hotel could never get my tablet to work the whole time.

Got both x-rayed and patted down! Luggage searched and carry on also. Those security agents meant business! Most I've ever encountered.

Catch up more tomorrow,

Sharon

Sharon, I have been in real bad shape while you were gone. First Bill took me to the Dr on Wednesday, and he gave me a couple of RX's. So instead of starting the med's I went back to work and by Thursday, I only worked 1/2 a day. I did not go into work at all on Friday. With taking the med's it knocked me out and I just sleep. I am a bit better now.

You certainly had very good weather while away. It was almost 50 yesterday, and today it will actually get to 50 around here. The snow last week stayed up your way and in IN., but we got nothing at all.

I could see where your sister would wear you thin. She did the same when she lived with you. I know it is too bad, but it is what it is. At least you went to see her and now you can talk to her on the phone. It was also good that you were able to go into the pool as well.

Somehow I managed to get to WW yesterday morning and I am down another 1.4. Can you believe that? I am thinking did you gain or loose from your time away?

That was good that you had someone to travel with. Too bad that she spent the entire time in the hospital. But at least she was able to visit with her Dad.

The village had a Christmas party for all village employees. It was held in a big Ford Hanger at the local airport. It ran from 6-9. We got there at 6 and left at 7:15. With 50 foot high ceilings they could not heat it properly. Bill's feet were getting very cold and that is why we had to leave. If they have it next year we will wear boots.

Welcome back,

Kathy

I hope by now the med's you got have kicked in and you are feeling better! I had hoped that by the time your dr appmnt rolled around you would be better and wouldn't even need to go!

I just had a melt down last night. Realized I was completely mentally and physically drained. Emotions ran from sympathy, love, guilt and impatience. Physically drained because of no physical activity and very little sleep. Got up and went to church this morning, was sitting by myself as usual saying a prayer for my sister and on the verge of tears when a friend from zumba came and sat next to me. She had no idea what her presence meant to me at the moment!

Came home and just felt like crying again. Just running on empty. Thank goodness Bill called and talked for a while. That did help but its going to take a few days to get back to where I need to be to function. I think it will help to go to zumba tomorrow and see and talk with friends.

Just saw I got an email about the estate. Thank goodness they have sold that one remaining house, closing is Dec 22. They will be able to close the estate hopefully by the end of the year. One of the stipulations I made was that I could have a cemetery marker, they sent me a diagram of a marker they are looking at that would include my name along with 3 of the other "children" , seems there would be no mention that I was his wife only birth and death dates. I don't think I will go along with that, don't want to be difficult by not how I want it. Hope it doesn't hold things up.

Did you get to go to the village party because Bill is a crossing guard? I hate my feet to get cold, then I'm cold all over

Sharon

Sharon, yes all village employees were allowed to bring a guest. I am sure Bill would not have gone if he could not bring me. If they have one next year we will wear our boots. The mayor had her boots on as well as other's. They know what it would be like. With such a high roof all of the hot air went up and close to the ground was the cold. One reason we only stayed a little over an hour. We were the first one's to leave. Better to do that rather than to get sick.

It is always nice to get away, but even better to get back to your own home and to sleep in your own bed. I should say so with your sister staying with you those days you could not get any sleep and I am sure you were running on empty the rest of the time. Plus being on an airplane with other's who may be spreading germs around. It was good that you had someone else to travel with. It will feel good to get back into the swing of things tomorrow.

The rest and taking the med's the way I am supposed to I am starting to feel much better. I should have came home on Wednesday and taken the full doses and I would not have gone through what I did. I slept good on Wednesday night, but just fell apart on Thursday, and that is why I only work a 1/2 a day.

You should stand your ground with all of them. Do not let them push you around. Of course you should be listed as his wife, and I would not have it any other way. Have it done the way you want it, not the way they want it. Agreed that it is good that the sale will wrap everything up and you will not have to deal with them any more.

The jerk has a large family. He has 13 brothers and sisters. So every year he pays for a all weekend Christmas Party at a hotel in IN. I will get the bill in a few weeks to pay it for him and it will be over $20,000 and he pays for it all. He says every year he is not going to do it any more, but he cannot stand up to all of them, and he continues to pay.

Kathy

Some traditions are hard to break especially when everyone wants them to continue, and why not they are not paying for it!

Went to bed last night at 7:30, good thing too because I got up..went to zumba then several of us went to the pool then at 5pm met them to go on a Santa Cruise on Lake Geneva. They were still there having another drink afterwards but I came home. I am tired and still trying to recuperate.

Glad your back is getting better, its been a long time you've had that pain to deal with.

Picked up the mail I had the P.O. hold while I was gone and had several Christmas Cards in it. So now I have to get busy and send one to each of them too. I don't send many so that's a good thing. These were from friends so I must do it.

Going to have a bite to eat and go to bed early again tonight.

Sharon

Sharon, Bill's Dad started the tradition of going downtown to the Hilton on 12/30 and checking out on 1/1. So it is only us and Bill's son and GS. This is our tradition every year.

I should say so that your tank was totally empty and you had to recharge your batteries. Going to bed early helps to do that. Like you have said, it will take a few days to get back your energy. Lucky you got back when you did. Did you see that mess in ATL?

That sounded like a lot of fun going on a Santa Cruise. Also lucky you did not stay with them and rather came home and went to bed. There is no use in falling asleep driving back home. Also getting back into the pool once again. At least you were able to get into the pool in FL.

The weather looks to be fairly mild this week. But over the weekend the bottom will drop out with arctic blast moving in. I also saw that WI could get slammed with snow.

Kathy

Had a fun zumba class this morning. We have a grandma, that looks like she could be the mother, bring a 3 year old granddaughter to class. Her name is Kyla and she is adorable. She tries to do all the things that we do and is pretty good at it. Today she brought all kinds of things for us to put on, like reindeer ears, halo, christmas lights on springs to put on your head. She wanted a picture of her zumba friends. So we all put something on and had our picture taken with her.

Busy day doing little things that needed to get done and sending out a few more Christmas cards for people I received from and hadn't sent to.

Tomorrow night is our Wednesday night Christmas party, everyone is bringing something, not sure what the main thing will be yet.

I heard too about the snow that is supposed to hit mid state in Wisconsin. I told Bill who is working up in Appleton to make sure he gets out of there before it starts and he gets snowed in!

So far doesn't look like it will be too much here but that could change too.

Have a nice evening,

Sharon

Sharon, that sounded like a lot of fun at Zumba yesterday. What are you going to bring to the place tonight? I am sure he will be putting on a very good spread for tonight. Especially this close to Christmas.

Around here today temps in the 30's with lots of sunshine. Tomorrow and Friday temps back into the 40's.

Did you hear about that bus accident in Mexico where the passengers were off a cruise ship doing a tour?

Bill made reservations at the restaurant we always go to where they offer on your B-Day the % off your age on the bill. So that is late Sunday afternoon. There is no use in cooking on a big holiday. I know that you are cooking for you and Bill.

Did they ever get that construction on that road by your house? I know you said that there was a lot of traffic due to it going by your house.

I am doing much better. Have you gotten rid of whatever you thought you were getting?

Kathy

I am taking deviled eggs tonight, still don't know what the main course will be. With everyone bringing something I'm sure there will be lots to eat!

Yes that road construction was done in about 2 weeks, thank goodness. They had to replace some kind of pipe under the road so it went pretty fast.

Glad you are feeling better! Nice to go out and eat for holidays, but since I haven't seen Bill for about 3 weeks it will be nice to just have a quiet dinner and catch up. I talked with him today and he has gotten a cold. So, no way around it I will probably get it too! I had gotten over whatever it was that seemed to be hanging on since Thanksgiving.

Had another fun day at zumba, different teacher today. She told us to wear our Christmas stuff and we would have photo ops before class. I wore my bright green top and a Christmas bell necklace. She had all kinds of props for us to use like, "Nice until proven naughty" "believe" "sparkle" and so on. Was a fun time again.

I heard about that accident, I have taken the bus to the ruins and sometimes they are not kept up very well. Heard the ship had to go on its scheduled route, so sad especially at Christmas.

Well, its getting close now only a couple more days!

Sharon

Sharon, with everyone bring a dish to shear, I am sure it will be a great feast tonight for everyone.

Temps today will go to the 40's as well as tomorrow. Then over the weekend the bottom drops out and an arctic blast arrives.

We are going to a friends of ours play on Saturday afternoon. We will eat around there as well. Sunday we will go out to eat for Christmas eve.

This time of year a lot of people are getting sick. So I hope you do not get sick as well. Maybe by the time you both get together he will be better and all cured.

Always fun to dress up and have a good time. Many Christmas parties going on all over the place. I am even seeing cars driving around with Christmas stuff on the side of the car.

Kathy

There was turkey, ham, bbq wings, mashed potatoes & gravy, sea food salad, deserts. My eggs went in about 5 minutes.

What is the play you will be seeing Saturday called?

It was pretty cold here today, saw on my way home, in WI, they were heavily salting the roads and intersections. IL no signs of salt trucks. I was up at the eye dr. My eyes had just changed a little. Minimal cataracts not close to needing surgery yet. Good for another year.

Don't know if Bill's cold will be gone but hope its better. Want him to feel good and be able to taste the food i am making.

Talked with my sister, she finally got some stronger meds to help with the pain. Glad about that.

Did 2 exercise classes today, I am tired tonight. Will be going to bed early. Have to get up for WW tomorrow but then have nothing else but some cleaning and clothes washing.

Sharon

Sharon, that must make you feel good that your eggs went so fast. All in all it sounds like a very good feast for everyone.

So this morning did you end up with anything as far as the weather goes? We got nothing around here except just dampness. Temps in the 40's and tomorrow the bottom drops out with frigid temps.

So tomorrow the play is called "The Night Before Christmas". Tomorrow is the last show of its running. There will be 2 shows tomorrow and we will be seeing the first show in the afternoon. Bill did not want to be driving both ways in the dark.

Sunday we go out to eat. When will you be cooking for the both of you, on Sunday or Monday? Hopefully Bill will be feeling much better.

I thought after the last time you did 2 exercises in 1 day that you would be finished. So I am surprised you did it again. I could see why you would be all in.

Kathy

Must have had some rain last night, everything was wet this morning. I went to bed early so I didn't see it coming down. When I went to WW on the other side of town there was some snow, maybe about an inch. At weigh in I was down another 1.2 pounds, that makes 18 for me all together.

I have quite a bit of food frozen so I am thinking I will just cook, not exactly sure when he will be here or how long he will stay so makes it kind of hard. He will probably call tonight when he gets home and let me know.

That should be a fun play to see!

The second exercise class I went to is every Thursday morning before the zumba class. Now they are adding it before the Tuesday zumba class as well. Also adding a Saturday 8am class. Don't think I can do all of those, too much! I'll have to pick and choose the ones that I go too.

Had a friend at zumba Thursday that had went and had a very small mole removed on Monday. She got the call after class that it was melanoma. I couldn't believe it because it was so small and didn't even look different. In fact I wondered why she was having it removed. Now she has to go back and get more surrounding tissue removed.

Just goes to show you never know when something is going to change your life in an instant!

Sharn

Sharon, that is the truth about having your life turn in an instant.

I walked away from the jerk yesterday. A very bad day. Then he try's to get me to come in on Tuesday as the place will be closed and I told him a big NO. He is leaving on Wednesday for FL., and will not be back until June. So good ridden's.

We will leave early this afternoon to drive up north to see this play. Then after the play we will get something to eat around there.

Wow, this is the first time since you have been back that you went to WW. So we figured you would gain being away and eating out. But then again you had a rough time away and instead of gaining you have lost once again. So congrats on that.

So will you be cooking on Sunday or Monday? We will go out to eat on Sunday. So enjoy and stay warm, as it will be getting very cold now.

Kathy

I am making a pork tenderloin roast with some apricot sauce tomorrow afternoon/evening. Will add some potatoes & gravy and a vegetable. Going to try and make roasted brussel sprouts will see how that turns out have never made them before. For Monday, Christmas day I am making a blueberry compote to put over some frozen store bought waffles and bacon. Don't think he will be here late enough to have dinner, but not sure.

Your boss is a real jerk, so glad he will be gone until June!!

How far north is the play?

I went to the mall today just because I didn't have anything else I needed to do. It was crowded but I found a parking space easier that the last time I was there. Penny's had a great sale on boots so I ended up buying 2 pair. They also had shirts like I wear to zumba on sale for $5 so I bought 4 of them, all my others ones are too big now. Then I went to Bergners and they had boots 70% off so I bought a pair of fur lines winter boots. Had to also stop at the Fannie May candy store.

I need to stop buying shoes!!!!

Merry Christmas my friend to both you and Bill.

Sharon

Sharon, a very Merry Christmas to you as well. Wow, you certainly bought a bunch of things and got some very good deals. You do have enough boots now.

So this play was only 1 hour. It took us over an hour to get there. It was way up north just off of Sheridan Road on a street called Jarvis and only a few blocks from the lake. It was a nice play. He canceled the evening play and put those who were on that list to the afternoon show. We got home at 5:30. It was not too far away from Loyola Campus.

Now it is snowing here and has been for over 6 hours. So once it does stop Bill will have to go out and clear it all away. He is not happy about that.

So it sounds like a very good dinner that you are cooking today. We have 5 pm reservations for today.

It also looks like our washing machine has gone bad. Bill said the motor is shot. So rather have a repair man come out and charge us a $150 service charge and to tell us that it will cost some $200 or more for a new motor. We figured it is best to just get a new one.

Stay warm,

Kathy

Thanks Belle, Merry Christmas to you too!

Kathy when you say north I tend to think way north. Did you like the play?

We got snow here too. When I was going into church at 7:50am there were just a few flurries in the air floating around. Then at the end of the service the pastor said, well we got our white Christmas, hope everyone has a snow brush. There was several inches already on the ground and it was still snowing. Luckily I did have my snow brush in the car so could clean off the car before driving. Bill came about 2pm, we talked for several hours and then had dinner. It all turned out good and tasted good too. I made my blueberry compote this morning and later we had lunch, then he left about 4pm. He has to go back up to work in Appleton on Tuesday.

It was a nice Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, hope your dinner was good and you and Bill enjoyed your day too!

Sharon

Sharon, since IN., is just across the street from us, driving up north and since it took us over an hour it really was a hike. It was a very nice play and he keeps all of his plays around an hour. So we were able to drive 1/2 home only in the dark.

We ended up with 6" of snow. It started snowing around 9 am on Sunday and when we got home around 7 pm it was still snowing. Bill does not go out if it is still snowing and he also does not go out in the dark. So he went out first thing Monday morning and the sun was out bright. So once he was finished the sun took it down to bare pavement. So now we are in single digits.

The place is closed today, so a nice short work week for me this week. Bill is off until 1/8.

So our washing machine broke on Saturday. So Sunday afternoon before we went out to eat, we went to buy a new 1. It was on sale and we saved $200. The new 1 was delivered here this morning and put in the basement and hooked up as well. So now I am good to go.

So all in all the dinner for us was good and we had an enjoyable time. Saturday we will go downtown for our usual time away there at the Hilton with Bill's son and GS. Looks to be very cold the rest of the week. I am glad to hear that you and Bill had a nice dinner and time together.

Kathy

That was good you were able to get your new washing machine at a good price and quick too!

Yes it will be a short week, tomorrow already time to visit with the girls again. Got nothing planned for the rest of the week though. Bill will not be coming back for New Years eve so I am thinking I will probably stay home. It's so cold out and don't want to be around a bunch of drunks anyway.

Went to zumba this morning, only 4 of us braved the cold weather. Of course by the time the hour was up we were sweating! Good to get moving again after not doing it for a few days.

Luckily we only got an inch or so, not enough to plow the driveway so that was good. I did shovel the front walk that goes to the driveway. Just in case anyone want to come to the front door they don't have to walk through snow.

Sharon

Sharon, you did get far less than us. We get that lake effect snow and they can not predict on how much we will get.

Did I tell you a few days ago I went to WW and I have lost another .4. I still have a little more to go before I get back to lifetime once again.

So Bill and I go out to eat around 5 on NYE. We bundle up and it is about 4 blocks south of the hotel. There is hardly anybody in the place, as everyone is coming back for the NYE celebration later on. Then we go back to our room and watch some of the stuff on TV. Toast at midnight and we both are in bed around 12:30. We do not like crowds and paying big bucks for those parties. Too bad you have to spend NYE all along. Perhaps a friend may come over or invite you to come with them.

I hated to admit it, as I got mad at Bill for dragging me out on Christmas Eve to go and buy the new washer. But if we had not gone we would have missed the sale and there is no way it would have been delivered today. We were the only delivery they had today. I am already on my second wash. I like it very much. The old 1 did not like me at all.

Stay warm,

Kathy