MSC Status Match for Children

netgal

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into issues recently with the MSC Status Match for their children. Over a year and a half ago (when we booked our holiday cruise for the MSC Seaside), we status matched ourselves and our kids (currently 8 & 10 - at the time they were 7 & 9). I know there's not really a need to status match the kids, but they have the same status as us on all the other cruise lines we've been on, plus if they continue to cruise as adults there are definite benefits. Both of them were matched as Gold. And both within the past little while have been downgraded to "Welcome" on our booking. First was our oldest daughter, and I called MSC, who told me to email their loyalty match department. That was weeks ago, still no answer. Then we were reissued e-tickets again today, where our youngest daughter was now "Welcome". I called again and was told by the call agent that he believed that children could not have loyalty status because of the alcohol involved - welcome back cocktail? Has anyone else been told this? I'm just wondering why it wasn't mentioned in any of their small print, or at the time of the match, they had all their details in their system for 1.5 years and just get around to telling us now - conveniently after the final payment is made.

I know they won't get left behind (for instance, if we get a priority tender) because my husband & I still have status, but we will be celebrating one daughter's birthday on board, so I guess there will be no free birthday cake - fine, I'll pay for one, they aren't terribly expensive anyway - but it all feels slightly "bait-and-switch"y to me.

Has anyone else had problems getting children matched or unmatched, as it seems?

I'm wondering if anyone else has run into issues recently with the MSC Status Match for their children. Over a year and a half ago (when we booked our holiday cruise for the MSC Seaside), we status matched ourselves and our kids (currently 8 & 10 - at the time they were 7 & 9). I know there's not really a need to status match the kids, but they have the same status as us on all the other cruise lines we've been on, plus if they continue to cruise as adults there are definite benefits. Both of them were matched as Gold. And both within the past little while have been downgraded to "Welcome" on our booking. First was our oldest daughter, and I called MSC, who told me to email their loyalty match department. That was weeks ago, still no answer. Then we were reissued e-tickets again today, where our youngest daughter was now "Welcome". I called again and was told by the call agent that he believed that children could not have loyalty status because of the alcohol involved - welcome back cocktail? Has anyone else been told this? I'm just wondering why it wasn't mentioned in any of their small print, or at the time of the match, they had all their details in their system for 1.5 years and just get around to telling us now - conveniently after the final payment is made.

I know they won't get left behind (for instance, if we get a priority tender) because my husband & I still have status, but we will be celebrating one daughter's birthday on board, so I guess there will be no free birthday cake - fine, I'll pay for one, they aren't terribly expensive anyway - but it all feels slightly "bait-and-switch"y to me.

Has anyone else had problems getting children matched or unmatched, as it seems?

The T&Cs make reference to ages for certain benefits

so children are allowed to be any level of membership

as some of the exclusions are black level only benefits

from the T&Cs

Welcome Back Cocktail [Classic, Silver, Gold and Black], MSC Voyagers Club

Members can meet each other during a welcome back cocktail party. They will

receive an on board invitation. Members should contact Reception - Guest Service

immediately after check-in for more information. Not available on cruises with less

than 4 nights. All MSC Voyagers Club members under 18 must be accompanied to

the Welcome Back Party by an adult sharing their same cabin.

MSC Voyagers Club On board Special Offers [Classic, Silver, Gold and Black]

Offers are valid per person and may vary according to each cruise, level of

membership or destination and MSC Cruises reserves the right to amend, modify

or change the offers and their application at any time and without prior notice.

Offers can only be used once. The Voyagers Club Card must be presented in order

to take advantage of the offers.

Milestone reward [silver, Gold, Black], Silver, Gold and Black members will receive

a membership pin upon reaching the level of membership for the first time. Members

will receive an invitation in cabin with details of delivery. Pins will only be delivered

on board and cannot be sent to members’ homes. The pins will be allocated once

per membership level upgrade to all eligible MSC Voyagers Club members. Available

for MSC Voyagers Club members aged over 10 at the time of the cruise.

The pin cannot be used as a form of membership identification

Complimentary Spumante with chocolate-dipped fruit [black], per cabin and

once per cruise. Privilege not available for members under 18 years old

I guess I must have been given some wrong information, so I’ll make another call today. I won’t hold my breath that it will get sorted out but at least I’ve got the “gold cards” they emailed for the status match so if all else fails maybe we can get it fixed up on the ship or at least get the free cake! Thanks,

Which lines are showing kids status? I know our kids are highest on NCL (well - before the change in Feb) of all lines but NCL only shows them as "Child" so no real proof of being Platinum. I guess I could check DCL to see what they show - should be gold.

Our children were matched msc gold also. This was last spring. We have not received any cards for them (or for us) butit is online.

My understanding is that there are no cards per se; it's just identified by your cruise card now as is the case with most of the other cruise lines. It should also show on your travel documents.

My understanding is that there are no cards per se; it's just identified by your cruise card now as is the case with most of the other cruise lines. It should also show on your travel documents.

You are correct when you say there are no cards per se. the colour of your card matches your status

In the image below all the cards say "Black Card", this is because they were all cloned from my DW's information, to provide a complete set for our travelling companion Bedford Bear

they used to send a very nice Black Card in a presentation box along with a gold pin

P1090201%20copy%202.jpg

The Genuine Black Card , presentation box and pin

P1020492B.jpg

Bedford Bear

975a8b3e-bac4-4871-8cbc-d2bbddb6fa37.jpg

Well this is great too know. I inquired about this before we sailed on meravigilia. I was told they do not status match children.

What is Royal Caribbean emerald equal to for Voyager club match? She is one cruise from diamond. So unless it is black level, I should wait.

• 2 weeks later...