Lucky us onboard the Explorer

Eager2Travel

We have been enjoying every minute of our cruise. The food and service have been excellent. We have not seen one grim crew member

One of our favorite dinner spots has been the rear outside balcony of Setti Mare. The weather is balmy, the view of lights twinkling onshore as we sail away adds a lovely touch. It is friendly, informal and delightful. We both had tasty lamb chops with a wonderful Valpolacelli (not at all sure of spelling). To top it off there was a magnificent dark chocolate peanut butter sorbet among the desserts. They have cute little lamps with shades on the table. It feels like a scene from a romantic movie.

Jean, we are enjoying the warmth for you and Bill. Thanks for kind thoughts.

Rachel, thanks for taking away my guilt over infrequent posting.

Wish I Were Traveling and 1982 Cruz Start, thanks for the good wishes.

Ann

Ann, Shel:

Thanks for posting. Mary and I are taking our DD and her DH on their first cruise (other than Disney) in February on the Explorer. Intend to follow your lead and have first night dinner in Pacific Rim (but no sake for me) and definitely dinner on aft deck in Sette Mari.

Best wishes for 2018 and hope our paths cross again.

Jim C

Thank you all for commenting on the possible vibration on the aft facing cabin. I heard on another thread that has been an occasional loud banging sound on these aft cabins that Regent cannot explain. Has anyone heard of this before.

LAST QUESTION: To those who have been in these aft facing cabins, would you do it over again or go to a side cabin in the middle on the next cruise?

Thanks, Rick

We were in a G2 stern. No, we would not book a stern G2 again on the Explorer. They have a heavy steel plate for the lower part of the railing that goes up to eye height when you are sitting on the balcony chair with two cushions (I am 5' 11"). If you think you are going to sit there enjoying the view be aware that much of the view is obscured.

Re the boom, we periodically heard a very load boom that sounded like the ship hit something. At the time (Sept. 17) the staff said they were not aware of it - undoubtedly because they could not solve the problem. Another poster here subsequently reported about loud noises in that location, and it sounds like there was resolution to the noise.