TV / Technology on the Explorer

furs840

Hi All,

Can anyone describe the TV / movies selection available on the Explorer? I'm also curious if it's possible to connect an HDMI cable to view your own movies. I don't plan on watching much TV, but typically what a show or two before retiring for the evening.

Just vacated a Penthouse Suite last week. The TV monitors had a selection of mostly classic movies and recent releases. My wife were able to find 3-4 that interested us. I would give you examples, but your tastes might be different and I might not want to admit that I watched Bay Watch w/ the Rock... The TV show selection was minimal and not of any interest to us.

There was a selection/option in the onscreen menu that appeared to allow connection to a DVD player - but I didn't see a physical device for that nor did I play with it to see if it was Airplay/Bluetooth enabled. These TVs were wall mounted and decoratively framed so you couldn't access the rear ports to plug in HDMI cables, nor did I see a TV [hardware] menu where you would select an alternative input. Hope that helps.

Forgive my ignorance of how these things work' date=' but don't they operate via wifi? We're lucky when a ship's wifi can support sending an email, much less streaming a movie.[/quote']

While I don't know how it works either, you really cannot do streaming on any Regent ship. If I'm lucky, I can watch a short utube video. G

When we are on vacation, with the exception of email and CC, we take the opportunity to disconnect from the world. OTOH, watching a mindless movie that we've never heard of can be fun. Unless there is an emergency, we don't watch news or turn on stations that Regent subscribes to.

While I don't know how it works either, you really cannot do streaming on any Regent ship. If I'm lucky, I can watch a short utube video. G

When we are on vacation, with the exception of email and CC, we take the opportunity to disconnect from the world. OTOH, watching a mindless movie that we've never heard of can be fun. Unless there is an emergency, we don't watch news or turn on stations that Regent subscribes to.

TC thought you were a " T " now ! :)

Forgive my ignorance of how these things work' date=' but don't they operate via wifi? We're lucky when a ship's wifi can support sending an email, much less streaming a movie.[/quote']

I am not saying you will stream Netflix or anything like that. I have movies saved to my laptop directly and then set up my own network off the laptop. No need to be linked to the ship wifi.

~Jar

We usually do not go to the shows ; instead we watch movies in our room every night . Sometimes we watch 2 in one night with popcorn from the butler. We were on the Explorer a few months ago and just like on the other Regent ships we found a nice selection of recent releases , classics and Academy Award winning films including comedy , drama and sci fi, etc. A few years ago they had Downton Abbey available.

• 2 months later...
Sorry for asking the same question but does anybody know if the TV's in the cabins have a HDMI slot. I cant get the link above to work.

They do but you need a remote other than the Regent one to switch to hdmi input.

The TVs are Samsung

I don't know about the other ships but on the Explorer a menu choice from the Regent remote allows you to switch to hdmi 1, 2 or 3 input. Hope this helps.