Martini with two olives, please....

jamesnnb

We ordered up a (legal :)) bottle of vodka for our cabin and wondered if there is a way to get some olives to make a martini (or two)? Any chance if you ask at the Martini Bar you could get some? We would like some of those Tipsy Olives (in vermouth) but not sure where in Ft. Lauderdale we could find them? We're staying at the Cambria Suites before we board -- but not sure what stores are within walking distance? Anyone.....:confused:

Love the tipsy olives! I would call the Cambria Suites and ask them -- they would know their neighborhood best.

Plain olives are usually available on the salad bar. But watch out for the ones that are heavily spiced in olive oil sitting at the pizza bar -- no good for your martini!

I've never read anything about resstrictions of bringing food items on board? Just you are not allowed to take food OFF the ship (ports, end of cruise, etc.). Soda/water is usually allowed. Has anyone had any experience with bringing food items on board -- or read any restrictions?

No restrictions that I am aware of. People bring baby food on board all the time. On a TA going to Europe last year I brought a whole suitcase full of American foods for my friends who live in Germany and were craving tastes from home. No fresh fruits or veggies, obviously, everything was in cans or jars, but no problem bringing it aboard.

You folks may be right. My cruise experience is limited compared to many here, and I've only been on 1 Celebrity cruise. For some reason, I was thinking food couldn't be taken aboard.

I would say you are 100% right when it comes to fruits, vegtables and meats. So you have good instincts....

I think sealed olives in a jar should be fine....just put them in your carryon.

We also have ordered a "legal" bottle of Vodka for our stateroom as well. However, we would like to bring some Cosmopolitan mix aboard. There is no alcohol in it so is that possible or will they confiscate it?

My martinis are made with muddled fresh fruit, and lime and mint.

But those bleu cheese-stuffed olives do sound interesting....

Maybe some day we'll have a martini party. I like having things to look forward to.

I always bring my own olives. Wife and I have a martini at 6 every evening. A REAL martini- with Gin (preferably Hendricks- it makes you proud to be a SCOT). I prefer giant Queen olives/pimento.

Put the jar in your thickest sock, then double sock it and put it in your checked luggage.

We ordered up a (legal :)) bottle of vodka for our cabin and wondered if there is a way to get some olives to make a martini (or two)? Any chance if you ask at the Martini Bar you could get some? We would like some of those Tipsy Olives (in vermouth) but not sure where in Ft. Lauderdale we could find them? We're staying at the Cambria Suites before we board -- but not sure what stores are within walking distance? Anyone.....:confused:

just a quick question how much do you pay for the blt of vodka

love the tipsy olives! I would call the cambria suites and ask them -- they would know their neighborhood best.

Plain olives are usually available on the salad bar. But watch out for the ones that are heavily spiced in olive oil sitting at the pizza bar -- no good for your martini!

what exactly is a tipsy olive?

My martinis are made with muddled fresh fruit, and lime and mint.

But those bleu cheese-stuffed olives do sound interesting....

OMG!! Those blue cheese stuffed olives are amazing.. We were a regular feature at the Martini Bar and a fellow cruiser suggested I had my Martini with blue cheese stuffed olives... The bar staff had made some up for him and another passenger.. The following night, when nudged again to try them I was hooked!!

Hendrick’s Gin, Tipsy Olives and Mexican Martinis. I like trying new things.

Hendricks is the only Scottish Gin. Subtle flavors of, believe it or not, rose petals and cucumbers.

Tipsy Olives are soaked in vermouth, they are usually the colossal rated size, and because they are so large, are filled with pimento paste.

Add a teaspoon of olive juice to your finished drink for a dirty martini.

I always store all gin, and vodka, in the freezer to add a little chill. The colder the martini, the better.:rolleyes:

I'm sure you could order olives from room service or ask for some at the Martini bar. Only issue is that often they are very small. If you really want to enjoy nice olives in your cabin you might want to bring your own. You won't have any issues bringing a jar. At one of the local markets they also sell them in shrink wrapped resealable plastic bags - kind of like a zip lock bag.

Personally, I prefer the wonderful atmosphere of the martini bar. If you're on the Constellation or S class ships they'll also have a wonderful selection of unusual vodkas. I'm a Grey Goose fan but really liked a couple of potato based vodkas I tried in my martinis - Symphony and Chopin.

what exactly is a tipsy olive?

I either...

1. Use ice pellets I purchase from Sonic (less than 3 bucks for a big bag)

or

2. Freeze into cubes the espresso or muddled fruit and use it instead of ice.

There is nothing worse than a watered-down cocktail.

Heck, I think I have some frozen sticks of muddled mango in the fr...

Archived