It pays to live in Florida

gcuecruise

Thought ya'll would fine this interesting.

Checking the price of our cabin for December 17, 2011/Oasis:

Current rate with no residency selected: $2065pp

Rate with Florida residency: $1799pp

We reserved in August 2010 and have our stateroom for $1009pp

(It's a C1 Central Park Balcony)

Plus no airfare of course. 4.5 hr drive for us.

Other than that, no state tax, and my job, not much else to like about living in Florida.

Other than that, no state tax, and my job, not much else to like about living in Florida.

HHHmmmmmm....how about snow and the depressing llllooooonnnggggggggggg........winters of grey and gloomy weather.....which is already hitting the NorthEast today.

Why can't I get a discount for departures from Valencia because I live in Valencia province of Spain :):rolleyes:

I know this subject is off topic....but I see you live in Alicante....we are going to be sailing Indy with a port stop there in June....I was wondering if you knew the dates when the Bonfires of Saint John festival is taking place there in 2012.

I know this subject is off topic....but I see you live in Alicante....we are going to be sailing Indy with a port stop there in June....I was wondering if you knew the dates when the Bonfires of Saint John festival is taking place there in 2012.

Looks like the evening of June 23rd.

http://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn-events-articles/128-nit-de-sant-joan-saint-john

Looks like you may have missed it by 2 days if you are on the June 16th sailing...

Jimbo:)

Good grief stop telling people that, the borders are closed.If everyone moves down here we will sink into the gulf.LOL. Seriously you are right on all points mentioned but you did forget the great weather. Lots of our friends ask us why we cruise a lot and you just gave me more ways to answer.;)

HHHmmmmmm....how about snow and the depressing llllooooonnnggggggggggg........winters of grey and gloomy weather.....which is already hitting the NorthEast today.

I'm still shoveling snow from Tuesday night here in Colorado....glad I was able to send you some :D:D:D

Indeed I said not much else to like, not nothing else to like. I hear ya. And I am also glad to be here from now through March.

And that's why I haven't been home (PA) in years, yet my parents visit a few times per year.

Another good reason to live in Fla is that you can cruise out of 3 ports, without the cost of airfare. Right now, you can get a cabin on the Monarch of the seas for 129.00 per person, which is a mighty fine 4 night cruise!

I moved here from Ohio, and wouldn't live anywhere else!

I really need to move to Fla...I am back from my b2b on the freedom and welcome to snow this week...just really hard to take after 14 days in the caribbean...even when we had the rocking freedom night I would of took it over snow any day...:D

Light snow coming down in the snowbelt region of Ohio...we are not suppossed to be attacked by this storm.:D

With all the rain, over the last couple days it is snowing on the leaves that are still down...It is going to be pretty messy when we get them picked up before the really snow hits..............or else we will have no lawn next year.

Hey trainman2, I have a snow plow if you want one, we dont use shovels here. (lol). Some day we will reside in Florida,

But for now.

Bundled up in Ohio.

Light snow coming down in the snowbelt region of Ohio...we are not suppossed to be attacked by this storm.:D

With all the rain, over the last couple days it is snowing on the leaves that are still down...It is going to be pretty messy when we get them picked up before the really snow hits..............or else we will have no lawn next year.

Hey trainman2, I have a snow plow if you want one, we dont use shovels here. (lol). Some day we will reside in Florida,

But for now.

Bundled up in Ohio.

Sorry to hear about the snow...that is ONE thing I do not miss......

Looks like the evening of June 23rd.

http://www.barcelonayellow.com/bcn-events-articles/128-nit-de-sant-joan-saint-john

Looks like you may have missed it by 2 days if you are on the June 16th sailing...

Jimbo:)

Actually that should be perfect if it's defiantly that weekend as we overnight in Palma the night of June 23rd.

It is a rainy day and 70 degrees here in Palm Coast, FL. Our home is only 90 minutes north of the port at Cape Canaveral.

NO! I do not own a Show Shovel! :eek:

Even where I live two inches of snow would shut the county down. None of us own snow shovel here either. BTW its a nice balmy 66 for the high today.

Funny, DH and I were just discussing purchasing a home in FLA. Would love to cruise more than twice a year and no flying.

Ok, who knows of a good bargain, LOL[/uote]Tons of them in our beautiful area, Sarasota-Bradenton ,come on down.:D

Another good reason to live in Fla is that you can cruise out of 3 ports, without the cost of airfare. Right now, you can get a cabin on the Monarch of the seas for 129.00 per person, which is a mighty fine 4 night cruise!

I moved here from Ohio, and wouldn't live anywhere else!

Hey, you've missed a port. There are 4: PE, P of M, PC and Tampa.

Funny, DH and I were just discussing purchasing a home in FLA. Would love to cruise more than twice a year and no flying.

Ok, who knows of a good bargain, LOL

This is not a laughing matter...Fl real Estate is so very cheap right now!

If would be wise to buy a place now while cheap and move when ready! We live in Orlando...........easy way to most all ports! We joke that RCI is our vacation home...treat like a time share and no dues, no taxes no paymants. No worries... Just book when we want to travel (4 x's yr) and ......after a short drive ....Heaven!

That is why we live in FL also. Born and raised in WI, lived all over the country. But there is nothing like living in FL, driving a couple hours and boarding a cruise ship, and for the most part, having wonderful warm weather and awesome beaches.

Archived