Aerobus

I was planning to use the Aerobus to get to our hotel in Barcelona next week. Just want to make sure I know what we're getting into. What is the cost and can we pay by credit card? If we need cash, does it have to be exact and do we need coins? I am bringing some Euros with us, but the smallest denomination I have is 5 and I have no coins. There are 16 of us total - 6 adults and 10 children ages 8 to 16. We are staying at the Hotel Inglaterra, which I believe is only a couple of blocks from the drop off in Placa de Catalunya. As long as everyone can handle their luggage, will we be okay to walk from the drop-off point to the hotel? Or is it too far or too hazardous to think about doing that? Any other advise is greatly appreciated!

Here's the website for the bus. http://www.aerobusbcn.com/index.php/en/discoveraerobus.html You can pay by credit card if you like. Everyone in your party pays full fare; it's only children 4 years old and under that go free. We took the Aerobus to the airport. It's a pretty straightforward means of transportation and you can't beat the price! You should probably pull up a map of your hotel location (google, mappy, etc.) to see how many blocks from the plaza your hotel is. The sidewalks are very wide so that won't be an issue.

Four of us took the Aerobus (between 5 and 6 Euros). I don't think we had exact change, but we did have Euros. At Plaza Catalunya, there was a kiosk to pay by credit card. I am assuming you could do the same at the airport. If not, you could probably use the ATM at the airport. It could not have been easier. Follow the signs at the airport. You pay outside or on the bus. We walked maybe four blocks to our hotel. There were lots of tourists with suitcases. The area around the Plaza Catalunya seemed safe. Buses come constantly, so no worry getting your entire party on a bus.

Archived