Mariner of the seas in china

We are on mariner 4 march 2014 and would welcome any info on mariner since its deployment in china. In particular to food and entertainment an any info re any trips or what we should be aware of. We usually do Dubai in mar h but sadly rccl no longer do this. Thanks for any info

We are on mariner 4 march 2014 and would welcome any info on mariner since its deployment in china. In particular to food and entertainment an any info re any trips or what we should be aware of. We usually do Dubai in mar h but sadly rccl no longer do this. Thanks for any info

You might want to post this on your roll call. These are the folks going on your specific cruise. The closest date I could find to yours is March 2:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1840914

Hi, we have jusr come back from a 10 night exotic Asia cruise on Mariner. Had a great cruise, food was same as usual with maybe a bit more asian selection. Entertainment was very good with chinese acrobats e.t.c in the theatre.They were just finishing some alterations to add more shops and the upstairs of the nightclub was changed to a baccarat lounge. Which ports do you go to and I wil try and help.

Was on the Mariner out of Singapore a few weeks ago.

Food just the same average food as other ships.

Entertainement getting worse - same as ALL ships and companies due to them spending less money.

Service way,way below par, due to the many Chinese staff onboard, most of whom are poorly trained by Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for replies we actually sail on 7 march from Singapore going to Vietnam hong kong Xiamen and ending with 3 nights in shanghai. We also have2 nights in Singapore before we board.

Look at this forum and find your cruise date:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=266

These folks will probably be talking about excursions.

You will have a wonderful cruise, the entertainment will be fabulous, Chinese acrobats sound amazing! The service will be top notch and any of the suggested teething problems will have been ironed out by then.

A suggestion to ignore the consistently negative posters on these boards.

Yes think I will thanks for your info and the thread provided re other cruisers and if anymore info available please let me have it. I am Maryrose and my husband Angus and I just love these forums but have not posted before so just a beginner.

Yes think I will thanks for your info and the thread provided re other cruisers and if anymore info available please let me have it. I am Maryrose and my husband Angus and I just love these forums but have not posted before so just a beginner.

Welcome to Cruise Critic! You will find a wealth of information here. Another good place to look for information is the Ports of Call forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5

We were on the Mariner a few months ago and the staff told us about a few possible changes: the food would be more Asian because that is the targeted clientele, gambling would be expanded because many Asians are more into that, the staff would be more Asian (as reported), the entertainment would be more visual because of competing targeted audiences and that the tip might be included in the fare because of some people's reputations and opinions of tipping. Right now, I believe the tip is added but can be taken off. If it is part of the fare, it will be mandatory. This was just a rumor from the staff, but perhaps will be policy as their experience will dictate what to do.

Archived