Hotel in Barcelona

Looking for a hotel in Barcelona in a central location where we can find good restaurants and shopping.

We stayed 3 nights before our cruise at Catalonia Portal de l'Angel , great position , had everything we needed , good price , this was in 2011 so may be check out more recent reviews .

Catalonia Portal de l'Angel

Looking for a hotel in Barcelona in a central location where we can find good restaurants and shopping.

Hotel Jazz, about 2 blocks off Las Ramblas, excellent location, close to metro, restaurants, shopping.

Stayed at Hotel Barcelona Universal - metro stop just steps outside of the hotel front door, a couple blocks off of La Rambla, super easy to get anywhere and very comfortable.

look for hotel near Plaza Catalunya for convenience. metro, train, HOHO bus, information center. las rambla, bouqueria etc. I like Le Meridian but Jazz is also good.

I second Le Meridian also Rivoli Rambla across the street. Jazz and 1898 also get rave reviews.

I have stayed in over a half a dozen different hotels in the city...and have decided that the best location, no question, is to be close to the Placa Catalunya--the large public square near the head of Las Ramblas. Lots of restaurants and night life, the large El Corte Ingles department store with its wonderful supermarket in the basement...walking distance to a lot of sights and the central hub of all transportation systems. I have two recommendations there.

For a budget hotel, try the Hotel Continental...three stars and a little "funky"...You enter at ground floor, but the lobby is on the third floor as it shares the building with other uses. Its' a bit dated and the decor is sort of pink and plastic...However, they have great balconies overlooking Las Ramblas--but with electronically controlled screens that shut out the noise and light so you can sleep, free wifi and a free 24-hour buffet with snacks including free beer and cheap wine...And it has the absolute best location--within a block of the Placa right on Las Ramblas.

For a really nice hotel, there's the one we stayed at last time--the 1898...It's about a block off the Placa, also right on Las Ramblas...Really nice, amply-sized rooms...very comfortable...First class all the way...

... For a budget hotel, try the Hotel Continental...three stars and a little "funky"...You enter at ground floor, but the lobby is on the third floor as it shares the building with other uses. Its' a bit dated and the decor is sort of pink and plastic.. ...

I've also heard good things about the Continental, but I don't think I could take the pink rooms.

We are just back from a cruise from Barcelona. We stayed at the Catalonia Port Hotel for three days prior to our cruise. I would definitely stay there again. It's a few blocks from Las Ramblas and the waterfront. Very conveniently located. The staff was friendly, the room very clean and spacious and the breakfast buffet was wonderful. We loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've also heard good things about the Continental, but I don't think I could take the pink rooms.

We stayed at the Hotel Continental a week ago . They have remodeled a lot of the rooms so no more pink . The room we had was very modern and comfortable .The bathroom had a huge walk in shower . The location is great . The front desk is great . The 24 buffet is kind of sketchy except for the beer and wine on tap. We were in a balcony room and once the doors were closed you did not hear any noise from La Ramblas . It is a funky hotel with the buzzer system but very convenient.

We stayed at the Renaissance prior to our Azamara cruise and being able to get into our room early morning after a night flight from Boston was decidedly a plus. Location was convenient- short cab ride to Sagradia Familia (sp?) and a short walk to some Gaudi buildings, etc.

Bob,

As the old Motel 6 ads said, "when you're asleep, all rooms look the same"...

Seriously, I like getting a bargain...and it's hard to beat for the price/location. My wife, OTOH, has a strong preference for 4-5 star hotels...and she really loved the 1898.

In recent visits, we've also stayed at the Gran Havana and at the Hilton up on the Diagonal in the Financial District. The Hilton worked for us because we had a rental car...otherwise, it's a bit remote for tourists. The Gran Havana was very nice, but it was wearing always starting with a six block walk down the Corts Catalans to get to the Placa--where we always seemed to be headed every day anyway...

We stayed at the Hotel Continental a week ago . They have remodeled a lot of the rooms so no more pink . The room we had was very modern and comfortable .The bathroom had a huge walk in shower . The location is great . The front desk is great . The 24 buffet is kind of sketchy except for the beer and wine on tap. We were in a balcony room and once the doors were closed you did not hear any noise from La Ramblas . It is a funky hotel with the buzzer system but very convenient.

That's good to know about the remodeled rooms. We have stayed at the Jazz in the past, but it's gotten a bit pricey lately, so it's nice to have another option.

We stayed at the Hotel Atlantis on Carrier de Pelai about a block from Catalunya before our Harmony cruise in October 2016. The rooms were good size and breakfast in the morning had many options. We also liked that there was a designated Taxi staging area directly out front so catching a Taxi was never a problem.