Seaside Black Card Speciality Restaurant ?

sidari

Has anyone had any feedback as yet which of the speciality restaurants Black card members will be able to use ?

Just had a reply from MSC UK who don't appear to know and say information will be given onboard! but say that the " Butchers Cut" is likely not one of them.

I was quite surprised with the response because if you don't like fish you have one other choice which is Tepanyaki!

This again brings home the lack of information provided by MSC on many things on the ship.

I was quite surprised with the response because if you don't like fish you have one other choice which is Tepanyaki!

This again brings home the lack of information provided by MSC on many things on the ship.

Well, they claim that they will get you something non-fish at Ocean Cay, but I agree it would make no sense for Butcher's Cut not to be included.

Hopefully someone who is onboard will be able to report on this.

Can you describe what the package menu is for Butcher's Cut?

I think that is the top section of the menu which has a set list of items - check out the thread that had the menus listed as it showed the packages for each restaurant.

I think that is the top section of the menu which has a set list of items - check out the thread that had the menus listed as it showed the packages for each restaurant.
The menu that was posted on the MSC website and linked here only had the experience menu at the very end, on the brunch page, for $39 (less than Ocean Cay, which was $50). It wasn't clear if that was the menu available at dinner or if they just forgot to include that one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

It's on the left side of the menu.

Thanks, but the online version of the Butcher's Cut menu only has an experience menu at the very end, on the brunch page. Does that match what's on the dinner menu in the restaurant or did they just forget to include it in the online version? I'm thinking the latter, since they also left out the beverage section.

On Seaside it is possible for Black Card holders to experience any of the speciality restaurants. They each have Dinner experience menus with a good set of choices. On this vessel they confuse the issue slightly as they refer to them as 'Thematic', restaurants. In addition many of the foreign speaking staff members have great difficulty with that word and it comes out completely different leading to lots of confusion. Also included is the Bistrot which also has a dinner experience menu.

As a matter of interest the BIstrot was a desolate area, although very attractive, and we only ever saw a couple of tables in use - the main reason being it is situated in a walkway area similar to the M25 and of particular interest it is an area where the air conditioning works with vengeance. (The other area which was always very cold was the Theatre)

Initially they refused to accept any drinks packages in the Thematic restaurants, insisting that no drinks were included. This policy had changed by the second time we went in, and any drinks included on your package were served with your meal and available with no further hesitation.

On Seaside it is possible for Black Card holders to experience any of the speciality restaurants. They each have Dinner experience menus with a good set of choices. On this vessel they confuse the issue slightly as they refer to them as 'Thematic', restaurants. In addition many of the foreign speaking staff members have great difficulty with that word and it comes out completely different leading to lots of confusion. Also included is the Bistrot which also has a dinner experience menu.

As a matter of interest the BIstrot was a desolate area, although very attractive, and we only ever saw a couple of tables in use - the main reason being it is situated in a walkway area similar to the M25 and of particular interest it is an area where the air conditioning works with vengeance. (The other area which was always very cold was the Theatre)

Initially they refused to accept any drinks packages in the Thematic restaurants, insisting that no drinks were included. This policy had changed by the second time we went in, and any drinks included on your package were served with your meal and available with no further hesitation.

I was on the Transatlantic crossing, and asked about using our drink package in the specialty restaurants.. ate at three and was told NO. Perhaps it was the individual waiter. But we went to the seafood restaurant and the two Asian restaurants. Each time, we were told no. So we left after ordering, and brought back glasses of wine!

Sent from my Z981 using Forums mobile app