Regent New Referral Program

Regent has a new referral program. If you have never sailed with Regent and someone refers you, you will get $250 off your cruise. They used to require you to sail on the same cruise as the person referring you, but now you don't have to sail on the same cruise. If anyone wants a referral please email me and I will give you my Seven Seas Society membership number, which you give to Regent when you book. Carol@CarolWolfe.com.

Then you book your cruise, give the number, and fill out the form within 14 days of making your initial deposit....$250 will be credited towards your cruise. :)

That's not the way I read it. The email says that both parties receive a $250 future cruise credit. So the new guest can't apply it to the cruise that they just booked. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it reads to me.

I agree it is not worded very well, but I think it means the new guest can apply the $250 credit to the cruise they just booked. I will check with them to be sure and report back:

https://www.rssc.com/seven-seas-society/regent-ambassador?s=EM_RSS_AP_BRA_EMI_CTB_IMG_BRAND_DEC174016-20171213_NA_UC_NA

That's not the way I read it. The email says that both parties receive a $250 future cruise credit. So the new guest can't apply it to the cruise that they just booked. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but that's how it reads to me.

I guess you could make the argument that even though you're already booked on the cruise, the cruise itself is still in the future... :D

Seems to me that OBC would be better than an FCC, but what do I know?

Edited by UUNetBill
Fixed post

I guess you could make the argument that even though you're already booked on the cruise, the cruise itself is still in the future... :D

Seems to me that OBC would be better than an FCC, but what do I know?

Agree that OBC would be better than an FCC but, IMO, for people new to Regent, the FCC is an incentive to book another cruise which makes Regent happy.

Agree that OBC would be better than an FCC but, IMO, for people new to Regent, the FCC is an incentive to book another cruise which makes Regent happy.

I don't know if a whopping 1% or 2% 'incentive' would push me to drop another $15,000 or $20,000 on another cruise, but hey - stranger things have happened...

:D

Thanks Carol for sharing this. I think this is a definite improvement over the last program as it was hard to match past passengers with new ones on the same cruise. Perhaps some of you aren’t interested, but if I could get 4 FCCs for a cruise that I haven’t made final payment on, I would be pleased to reduce the cost of my cruise by $1000. I have no idea what the demand would be but there were previous posters looking for a credit. We already have the thread “member referral credit”and I see that irishwitchy is already all over this. I’m in as well. I guess the potential new cruiser would decide who they want to use.

Thanks Carol for sharing this. I think this is a definite improvement over the last program as it was hard to match past passengers with new ones on the same cruise. Perhaps some of you aren’t interested, but if I could get 4 FCCs for a cruise that I haven’t made final payment on, I would be pleased to reduce the cost of my cruise by $1000. I have no idea what the demand would be but there were previous posters looking for a credit. We already have the thread “member referral credit”and I see that irishwitchy is already all over this. I’m in as well. I guess the potential new cruiser would decide who they want to use.

Are you sure they will let you use multiple FCCs for a single cruise? Sounds like kind of a scam...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hoping that CC doesn't become a vehicle to try to solicit new customers for Regent as it could get rather uncomfortable - people vying for the $250. I would only do this for people that I either know well or have established somewhat of a relationship with.

Hoping that CC doesn't become a vehicle to try to solicit new customers for Regent as it could get rather uncomfortable - people vying for the $250. I would only do this for people that I either know well or have established somewhat of a relationship with.

I doubt that Regent is uncomfortable securing new customers. CC posters actively solicit new members through CC. Many of us have benefited in the past through new customer postings on Silversea and Seabourn, for example, by connecting with someone we didn’t know previously and both receiving credit. Friends are made through the transaction. It’s a win-win-win (CC poster, new customer, cruiseline). So unless CC policies have changed on this, what’s not to like?

Are you sure they will let you use multiple FCCs for a single cruise? Sounds like kind of a scam...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Paul, if you look at the link in post from Carol above the footnote says you can use 4 referrals per booking.

TC, I respect your opinion, but if it’s one thread it doesn’t bother me. Seabourn has a similar sticky, and others as well.