Any Non-cruise line tours that meet OFAC people to people guidelines?

All OFAC issues are covered at another site, while yours is specifically dealt with here: http://forums.debbiescaribbeanresortreviews.com/t/people-to-people-p2p-tours-and-the-cruise-line-spin/23741

IMHO only P2P is likely to cause concerns for any travellers to Cuba as this is the only one which can demand a full-time schedule of your activities, plus a record of your expenditure.

For the reasons outlined in the link SFTCP will generally be the easier option.

The bottom line is that cruise lines are indulging in misleading and deception practices, aside from not understanding what OFAC requires.

Curious, are you also "justRobme" from the link you provided?

We had 2 great tours with a local agency.

We applied for a Visa on our own checking " Support to Cuban People".

I don't understand why many people wants to get a Visa under the P2P category while is so simple to get one just checking "support to cuban people" avoiding all the problems.

We had 2 great tours with a local agency.

We applied for a Visa on our own checking " Support to Cuban People".

I don't understand why many people wants to get a Visa under the P2P category while is so simple to get one just checking "support to cuban people"������ avoiding all the problems.

The Cuban Visa and the OFAC declaration are two completely unrelated items. Cuba doesn't care why you are there and they will issue a tourist visa regardless.

The OFAC does care why you are there and requires the declaration, as officially you can't visit Cuba as a tourist as far as the US government is concerned. This has nothing to do with the visa. Please do not confuse the two.

What confuses the two is the cruise lines. They handle both items. They often attempt to influence what choice the traveler selects on the OFAC affidavit, holding the visa hostage in the process. They do this in hopes of selling excursions and to convince the government that they are complying with the regulations.

I was in Cuba in June and I am returning next month . The affidavit from RCL has an option for full day private tour and that is what we selected for our visa . Visa was stamped on entering cuba and we never saw it again . No questioning ever !

No no no... please read some of what is stated above. What you selected on the affidavit had absolutely nothing to do with your visa.

I was in Cuba in June and I am returning next month . The affidavit from RCL has an option for full day private tour and that is what we selected for our visa . Visa was stamped on entering cuba and we never saw it again . No questioning ever !
Our Son and Daughter in Law are currently in Cuba on the 9/15 Empress Cruise. They selected the exact thing when embarking. Not one RCI rep batted an eye, tried to make them change it, or said wrong choice, and we won't let you off our ship, if explore Cuba on your own, without paying for one of our excursions

Sent from my 5049W using Forums mobile app

No no no... please read some of what is stated above. What you selected on the affidavit had absolutely nothing to do with your visa.

I realize that but this thread is giving people the wrong impression about traveling to Cuba. I talked to a lot of people who did the overpriced cruise line tours and very few were happy with the tours and especially where they went to eat. We did a tour with Fer tours who advertise that they are complaint with the rules and it was great 6 hours in a 60's Ford with a guide who was a teacher in Havana.A lot of people are nervous and take the cruise line tours but you really do not have to .

Ok, I'll admit I'm confused, but isn't the Affidavit linked to your Visa?

Don't you fill out the Multiple Choice Affidavit (filed away by the cruise line) in order to get your Cuba Visa aka Cuban Tourist Card (filed away by Cuban Port Officials), your "Visa" does not reflect the Affidavit choice you made?

Thanks in advance to all for the clarification.

Ok, I'll admit I'm confused, but isn't the Affidavit linked to your Visa?

Don't you fill out the Multiple Choice Affidavit (filed away by the cruise line) in order to get your Cuba Visa aka Cuban Tourist Card (filed away by Cuban Port Officials), your "Visa" does not reflect the Affidavit choice you made?

Thanks in advance to all for the clarification.

No, they are not related. The visa is required by the Cuban government. They consider you a tourist and couldn't care less what your affidavit says.

The Affidavit is for the US government to make sure you comply with the US government's Cuban embargo.

They are not related. The US government doesn't care about your visa and the Cuban government doesn't care about the Affidavit.

Now, the interesting thing is that RCCL apparently has a box for non-cruiseline, third party P2P tours, but as this thread seems to point out, their are no qualifying non-cruiseline, third party P2P tours. So the box exists, but actual qualifying tours don't. If you have a third party tour, you should check SFTCP, although it appears that cruise lines sometimes don't want you to check that box, perhaps due to lack of under standing on their part.

Edited by 2112

Now, the interesting thing is that RCCL apparently has a box for non-cruiseline, third party P2P tours, but as this thread seems to point out, their are no qualifying non-cruiseline, third party P2P tours. So the box exists, but actual qualifying tours don't. If you have a third party tour, you should check SFTCP, although it appears that cruise lines sometimes don't want you to check that box, perhaps due to lack of under standing on their part.

Speaking of the RCCL affidavit, they call it the Cuba Guest Travel Certification, they also have box 3 to check, still currently available as of 9/15/2018:

SELF-GUIDED PROGRAM (ONLY PERMITTED FOR PASSENGER BOOKINGS MADE BEFORE JUNE 16, 2017) - While in Cuba, I plan to be on a “self-guided” program of people-to-people educational exchange activities

(31 C.F.R. § 515.565(b)

Edited by MACE

SELF-GUIDED PROGRAM (ONLY PERMITTED FOR PASSENGER BOOKINGS MADE BEFORE JUNE 16, 2017) - While in Cuba, I plan to be on a “self-guided” program of people-to-people educational exchange activities

(31 C.F.R. § 515.565(b)

So you booked before 16 June 2017?

No justRobme, and how the HELL do you book your own Self Guided Tour?

Why are you so argumentative and confrontational when people are trying to give you the information you are asking for?

Box #3 is for people who booked their cruise before 16 June, 2017, which is the date the occupant of the White House last decided to make changes to the rules.

Poster 2112, along with many others, has clearly outlined the difference between the Vias and the cruise line affidavit.

Not related at all.

Not difficult to understand at all.

Why are you so argumentative and confrontational when people are trying to give you the information you are asking for?

Box #3 is for people who booked their cruise before 16 June, 2017, which is the date the occupant of the White House last decided to make changes to the rules.

Poster 2112, along with many others, has clearly outlined the difference between the Vias and the cruise line affidavit.

Not related at all.

Not difficult to understand at all.

This is CC, you have some 2000 posts under your belt, yet I still say: Thanks for expressing your opinion of me being argumentative and confrontational, I appreciate your thoughts!

Politics should have no place in Cruising, but you opened that door with your comment of the occupant of the White House last decided to make changes to the rules.

I refer to your quote: "Box #3 is for people who booked their cruise before 16 June, 2017"

Guess what, box #3 is still applicable to check off, for people who BOOKED their cruise after 6/16/2017, and are boarding RCI ships, as of 9/15/18

Come clean to all of us here: Is your OPINION based on Google Experience that you read, or real live EXPERIENCE taking a Cruise to Cuba after 6/16/17

Edited by MACE

No justRobme, and how the HELL do you book your own Self Guided Tour?

If a passenger were able to reasonably choose that box, it's a program (read "schedule of self guided activities") they would have developed prior to travelling, rather than a "tour" offered by any agency.