Jan 2020 15 day Antarctica Silver Cloud voyage including South Georgia Islands

WesW

Yes! What a cool itinerary. And a chance to revisit our first SS destination, ten years and a month after our first trip.

I'm most likely not going to prepay. For me, the savings is not worth paying 20 months early. We did it for our last Explorer cruise, but that was only 12 months early.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Has anybody else checked the fare recently? The vista suites are now listed at $18,700!! :eek:
That is a $4,800 increase per couple (+14.7%) since I checked on Dec 29 the day after the early booking bonus period ended.

Looking online today the Vista suites are now sold out and waitlisted. I gotta tell you, Col. Wes saved us a [emoji571]*♀️ boatload of cash.

Folks, as crazy as it might seem to book a cruise 2-years in advance, if you’ve ever dreamed of visiting South Georgia, I wouldn’t wait to place a deposit and secure your cabin as prices have increased across all cabin categories. The Classic Verandah went up +$6K (now $46,600/couple) and the Silver Suites +$11.8K (now $89,800/couple).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Folks, as crazy as it might seem to book a cruise 2-years in advance, if you’ve ever dreamed of visiting South Georgia, I wouldn’t wait to place a deposit and secure your cabin as prices have increased across all cabin categories. The Classic Verandah went up +$6K (now $46,600/couple) and the Silver Suites +$11.8K (now $89,800/couple).

Or, the Ushuaia to Cape Town, 21-night re-positioning on March 7, 2019 with five days at South Georgia still has Vista Suites at $9900 pp.

JP, no that means Brian is :)

Seriously, hope y'all have a terrific Antarctica experience on the Cloud.

We reluctantly cancelled our booking a few days after booking.

That's sad news, Wes! Chris and I were looking forward to finally meeting you and Ida.

Did I read on another thread that you canceled this so you could do an Australia cruise? There are so many neat itineraries out there. It really leads to some tough choices.

True... but I've been to Antarctica and South Georgia is the main reason I booked.

Speaking of tough choices!

I think the voyages are pretty different, so it's definitely a matter of personal preference. I've looked at that Cape to Cape voyage for years now. It looks fantastic, but I get antsy about that many sea days. Plus it's still too long of a voyage (21 days) for us to get away.

The standard SS itinerary to South Georgia is 18 days because it adds the Falklands. That's almost an impossibility for us to be away that long, as we both still work.

This 15-day cruise is pushing it but can be done with advance planning. I'll gladly trade the Falklands for another visit to Antarctica. I think between the potential differences in weather, the differences in season, and the fact that 10 years will have passed since our last visit, it will be different enough to justify another visit. And even if it's the same, it's magnificent.

So, both amazing voyages, but I personally like this one better. :)

The standard SS itinerary to South Georgia is 18 days because it adds the Falklands. That's almost an impossibility for us to be away that long, as we both still work.

This 15-day cruise is pushing it but can be done with advance planning. I'll gladly trade the Falklands for another visit to Antarctica.

I agree. We've done a 17-day voyage before, but that length really pushes our work schedule.
I wish they'd add Antarctica to the 'Cape to Cape'.
For those that have the time, that would be a wonderful itinerary and I'm surprised they don't already do it that way.

Of course, you could always do a B2B with the 10-day Antarctica preceeding the 21-day Cape to Cape. However, that means you're returning to Ushuaia. I'd like to see the Cape to Cape go first to Antarctica, then to South Georgia (missing the Falklands) and on to Tristan etc.