Price drop with silverseas

bobolz

I just found the price for our cruise had dropped $1000 pp. we paid in full ,but still within cancellation period , I.e we could cancel and rebook (apply the $200 fee to the rebooked lower price cruise) . Has anyone ever experienced a price drop this large and been able to get a refund for the difference?

I am also concerned that with that significant price reduction is it possible they would cancel the cruise if they don’t get enough passengers?

Looking forward to any responses/feedback

Thanks

In 2015 we had booked the Dubai to Cape Town cruise on Voyager. On checking the prices one day the cruise price had reduced by about $5000 a person. My TA hadn’t noticed but got onto Regent and we were able to have the lower price.

It may have helped that we had booked concierge suite to get the 3 day pre cruise tour. By the time the price was reduced, all passengers received the pre or post 3 day tour.

bobotz...I you are booked through a TA have them followup for you. If you booked directly with SIlversea then contact them.

This is not unusual for them to do this and on our cruise I saw even a larger incentive.

It means that they have rooms to sell but that is fine too and if your cruise is not 100% full that's not a problem either IMHO.

Keith

Thanks everyone. I will ask for a refund before cancelling and rebooking, i just figured that was an option if they simply offered an OBC for the refund difference versus a refund. Yes I saw they had other incentives as well which I have already asked my TA to see if we could get along with refund.

I was just wondering if others had first hand experience with Silverseas and honoring price reductions when already paid in full.

Thanks again

You are entitled to a refund - providing all the details remain the same. But you need to request it..... it wont be volunteered.

Good luck. Ive managed to get extra "bonus" added after Ive paid in full (2 cat upgrade and $1000 OBC) on the same cruise.... but never a price reduction refund.

It would be a refund you'd be given though.... Let us know how it goes.

Silversea Fare Guarantee Programme

Silversea’s Fare Guarantee Programme provides guests with the peace of mind in knowing that when they plan ahead and book early, not only will they be able to reserve their desired suite, but they can also benefit from any future reduction in the Silver Privilege Fares for their voyage, upon request. All voyages are eligible.

Requests for reimbursement received on or after the sailing date will be denied. Reimbursement provided under this guarantee will be in the form of a shipboard credit, suite upgrade, future cruise credit, fare reduction or other method. Silversea reserves the sole right to determine the method of reimbursement made to guests. The amount of reimbursement the guests receive will be determined by the difference between the Silver Privilege Fare actually paid by the guest and the Silver Privilege Fare displayed on Silversea.com the day the request is received is by Silversea.

I highlighted in red the salient wording for the Fare Guarantee Programme. It seems they can 'reimburse' you in literally any manner they choose.

I highlighted in red the salient wording for the Fare Guarantee Programme. It seems they can 'reimburse' you in literally any manner they choose.

Hear what you say Bill. If it's outside the 120 day cancellation period, you could simply cancel and rebook. Can't really do that inside so probably a gotcha.

I've never personally seen a price drop.... Only increases and promotions added.....

bobolz,

If you apply under the Fare Guarantee Programme, I bet they will offer you $2000 OBC (assuming the mark-up on everything bought on board is 100%, it will only 'cost' SS $1000). Of course, you could cancel, take the $400 'hit', re-book and pocket $1600.

Please let us know what SS offers you.

I just checked... and saw my cruise fare increased from a lead-in price (with EBB) of $9,900 pp to $12,600 pp... plus a $4000 per suite savings ($2000 for single occupancy). That makes it an increase of $700 pp - $10,600 minus $9,900 = $700. However, I booked with a 25% single supplement which has now 'disappeared'. If the new single supplement is 100% (I don't know - they don't say unless you get a quote), my fare went from $12,375 to $21,200. That's huge! Even if the single supplement is not 100%, the fare still went up. Now, I don't feel so bad about SS extending the EBB expiry date (a couple of times), and me paying 'in full' a year and a half in advance.

Hello all

Thanks for the responses and here is what I received. First thank you silverseas(and my TA) for refunding me the full amount of the price reduction! I assume since this was outside the 0-120 day period, they were able to honor the price reduction with a refund . Better yet, The reduction was significantly more than I expected, since the reduced price also included Econ air and 1 night hotels and transfers. Since I already had paid biz air on my own, they refunded even more.

So there you have it, it pays to follow your cruise pricing and looks like they will honor the reduced pricing as long as you ask for it. Possibly if this was within the 0-120 , I may have received a different offer, I.e obc, room upgrade, etc

Hope others take advantage of these reduced prices .

Thanks again everyone

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering Silver Seas for our next cruise but finding pricing snd availability very difficult to find. Do I need to go through the cruise line or TA for this? After I book, If there is a price drop or new promotion how would I find this information?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On a similar vein ... i.e. pricing and availability ...

We are confused.

Some three weeks ago I ‘price checked’ our cruise and saw that the Vista, the Veranda, and the Midships Veranda suites were all waitlisted.

A few days after that I was offered a Medallion Suite upgrade - at £700pp - which I declined.

A couple of days later the Medallion Suite was shown waitlisted - presumably someone took up the offer - but the Vista wasn’t.

Now, nothing what so ever is shown as waitlisted? The design of the webpage has changed and each suite is shown as ‘prices from’ and ‘request a quote’. It would appear that everything is available?

What is going on?

As an aside, our Silver Box arrived today .... I now have more luggage tags than I can shake a stick at as the TA’s documentation had a load in as well.

Mike

We are confused. Some three weeks ago I ‘price checked’ our cruise and saw that the Vista, the Veranda, and the Midships Veranda suites were all waitlisted.

A few days after that I was offered a Medallion Suite upgrade - at £700pp - which I declined.

A couple of days later the Medallion Suite was shown waitlisted - presumably someone took up the offer - but the Vista wasn’t.

What is going on?

Mike

Mike, presumably someone with a vista suite took up the offer for the medallion suite and another passenger cancelled a vista suite or took an upgrade to another suite? I don't think changes should be seen as odd in any way.

We are confused.

Some three weeks ago I ‘price checked’ our cruise and saw that the Vista, the Veranda, and the Midships Veranda suites were all waitlisted.

Similar happened with us on the Wind TA in November. We had, as always, booked a Vista. Maybe 3 months before sailing the cruise was waitlisted in all categories but we had a call offering an upgrade to V1 for a quite small sum and accepted. The waitlisting in all cats disappeared shortly thereafter and the cruise was about 2/3 full.

The waitlisting thing does seem to come and go. Don't understand it.

Similar happened with us on the Wind TA in November. We had, as always, booked a Vista. Maybe 3 months before sailing the cruise was waitlisted in all categories but we had a call offering an upgrade to V1 for a quite small sum and accepted. The waitlisting in all cats disappeared shortly thereafter and the cruise was about 2/3 full.

The wait listing thing does seem to come and go. Don't understand it.

The only thing that would make sense is people cancelling... hopefully for a good reason and not something grim! It would be odd for them to claim something was sold out if it wasn't. Ive certainly seen cruises I've been on be wait listed then available again, so maybe its more frequent than would seem plausible.

On the subject of price cuts, I'm actually still yet to see one! I frequently see extra items added, but never an actual monetary reduction. My next one has had a 2 cat upgrade added, but at the time the 10% bonus removed. It now also has a $1000 bonus added, so worthwhile paying the £440 difference pp and forget the early booking bonus. Its made more complicated as we were offered and accepted the upgrade already for £250pp ..... So £380 for a $1000 gotta be a bargain!

I've decided to let it go purely because we got a great deal and don't want to push it.

NanaChar - you'll need to keep your eye on the site. Changes usually take place on the 1st of each month..... but it can happen outside this too. If you see you could have got a better deal, just get back to your TA or SS if you booked direct.

NanaChar and any others looking for reduced pricing, I wish you the same luck I had. the price I ended up receiving was well worth it. Like others have said , once you have booked ,checking the site is probably the only way you will find whether or not the price has dropped. It appeared to me that the Shadow had some drop in prices , so maybe some of the Asia destinations are not as popular as some other destinations . Good luck!