Which Port Of Call is Better for Penguins ?

tncaec

• 3 weeks later...

We contacted Wayne McCormick and Estancia Excursions for their tours to Volunteer Point. They were highly recommended on Trip Adviser and on other forums, also they were both very prompt with their reply and tour cost in British Pound.

• 2 months later...
I too have sent quite a few emails with no response. I have now decided not to do their tour as there is a lot of time spent on the road then 'hanging around' in the small museum due to having to split into 2 groups. The time spent with penguins I think was approx 1 hr and the tour actually was a full day. I have read cost $160 USD. We are now opting for another tour in Ushuaia for 1/2 day as I would love to wander around on foot for a few hours. We have Patrick Watts booked for Pt Stanley which is up close and personal with the penguins and also looking at Puerto Madryn for more penguins, On all accounts Pira has fantastic reviews and would be well worth the $$$. Who knows if they bother to contact me I may change my mind. I do think that whatever tours we do will all be very special and such a wonderful experience. I feel very lucky to be able to do such wonderful holidays. Happy sailing :D

I believe I was told that they only ones able to take tours to Volunteer Point was PAtrick Watts, Jimmy Curtis and also Estanicia (sp?). We did Patrick Watts tour

Hi, I have been to Magdalene Island 2x (once by ferry and once by speedboat), Punta Tombo 2x, and Volunteer Point 1x. I would definitely rank Volunteer Point above the others, with the caveat that the ride is extremely bumpy. If you have medical issues that could be impacted by the jolting, it would be best to avoid the Volunteer Point area. My understanding is that there are other areas in the Falklands that require less time in an off-road 4x4 to travel to.

Sent from my iPad using Forums