How do Seabourn's Voyagers Purchase Trip Insurance?

notjaded

3000 is a pittance. Sapphire is the card to own

Yes, but if you happen to have it and want a little extra coverage (as with the AAdvantage card for $5000) over CSR, you can use it. Or just to charge a plane ticket to it.

I pointed it out because because what's really interesting is that VISA seems to be spreading the trip cancellation benefit to a few of its branded cards (American Airlines, Costco). It would be interesting to see which other cards get it and for which limits. And whether Amex will pick up on this and enter the competition.

• 2 weeks later...
You do not have to buy trip insurance if you charge your trip to the chase sapphire reserve card. We charge half the trip to each of our cards and we get 40k cancellation interruption insurance. The insurer is Chubb. Regrettably we had to use it and it works

If we need another 10 k we charge 5k to our citi card. Then we buy an annual medical travel policy via squaremouth for 350 for the year

I do not understand why more people don’t do this. There are many threads on how to do this on the oceania boards.

Btw. The sapphire card gives you 3x points on travel. So a trip costing eg 30000 gives you 90000 eg united miles. A no brainer

On every Cruise we go on we teach someone how to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I totally agree with this strategy. I have medical insurance that covers us outside of the country so we only need the trip cancellation and interruption. There are other cards out there that cover trip interruption and cancellation. We have three that do and you can search the Internet for a list of others. There are other benefits to using the coverage that comes with your credit card. Some cover other people whose trip is charged to your card whether you travel with them or not. I use mine for my sister's travels. Fortunately, we have never had to use the benefit but I know people who have.

Yes, but if you happen to have it and want a little extra coverage (as with the AAdvantage card for $5000) over CSR, you can use it. Or just to charge a plane ticket to it.

I pointed it out because because what's really interesting is that VISA seems to be spreading the trip cancellation benefit to a few of its branded cards (American Airlines, Costco). It would be interesting to see which other cards get it and for which limits. And whether Amex will pick up on this and enter the competition.

Costco is now branded by Citibank. I've used the Costco Citi Card when I just need a few thousand more in coverage than my Chase cards will cover. The nice thing about the Costco card is there is no look back period for pre-existing conditions and you also get 3% cash back for travel.

"Go First Class

Your Heirs Will!"

I love your tag Cactus Rose, that is so true.

I have a friend with stacks of $$$ who will only fly Economy, I keep saying to him, "when you die, (probably from DVT) do you think your kids will be flying Economy?"

I tell my boys that I'm going SKI-ing, "Spending Kids Inheritance" :)

"Go First Class

Your Heirs Will!"

I love your tag Cactus Rose, that is so true.

I have a friend with stacks of $$$ who will only fly Economy, I keep saying to him, "when you die, (probably from DVT) do you think your kids will be flying Economy?"

I tell my boys that I'm going SKI-ing, "Spending Kids Inheritance" :)

We worked hard and spent a lot of years not enjoying what we made. Now it's time to spend some of it on ourselves. I've seen it happen over and over. The parents die and leave the kids their money and the kids don't appreciate it because they didn't have to earn it. So they spend it as fast as they can on all the things mom and dad should have done over their lifetime. Some people save so long they forget how to spend. My mother was still saving when she died at 95.

Another vote for the Sapphire Reserve card. We had a trip to Vegas and a Seabourn cruise planned and had to cancel both due to an unexpected medical emergency. We were rein-versed for both in full. When I called our TA to cancel he asked which insurance we had. When I told him we had the Reserve card he said that was very good. A lot less hassle then most of the other insurance plans.