Printed newspapers in Seabourn Square

mbsilk

When we were aboard previous cruises there were usually a few printed copies of a variety of newspapers for guests to read. Now it seems that has been discontinued with an offer to have paid papers delivered to the room. When did this change occur and can we raise a community plea to reinstate it?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got of the good ship Odyssey on Saturday, there were available every day. They used to be delivered to you suite during the night, they now appear around 8 am in the morning.

I wonder if we are confusing the little paper delivered to each suite with the printed full copies of newspapers, which were - but maybe no longer - available in the Square, and are supplied to certainly Diamond members for free in your suite, with your name on - let them know your choice beforehand - each morning usually at about 8 a.m.

In December on the Odyssey we found that the printed papers were always taken by certain passengers, not jut one paper but may be 2 or 3. They would take them to the pool deck and you could see them on their sunbed.

One day I heard someone ask if they could borrow one of the papers and the said passenger said you should be up early so you could get one.

The readers were available also.

I wonder if we are confusing the little paper delivered to each suite with the printed full copies of newspapers, which were - but maybe no longer - available in the Square, and are supplied to certainly Diamond members for free in your suite, with your name on - let them know your choice beforehand - each morning usually at about 8 a.m.

I was referring to the little papers, may be 4 pages? They are still in Seabourn Square, not sure about the other type?

In December on the Odyssey we found that the printed papers were always taken by certain passengers, not jut one paper but may be 2 or 3. They would take them to the pool deck and you could see them on their sunbed.

One day I heard someone ask if they could borrow one of the papers and the said passenger said you should be up early so you could get one.

The readers were available also.

It clearly states on each copy of the printed papers: "Please do not remove from Seabourn Square." Therefore the correct response to that inconsiderate passenger who did so and took it to the pool area should be: "You getting up early doesn't make you any less of an inconsiderate poacher."

Please don’t judge everyone who is reading a printed newspaper as “a poacher”. It is one of the benefits of a diamond club member to receive a copy of their preferred newspaper daily. Just sayin.... if you want to check, sneak a peek at their newspaper. It will have their name and suite number printed at the top.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A bit more info. Turns out the printer is out of order (again) AND they are not providing hard copies of papers in Seabourn Square that can be read on the tablets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums