Azamara Journey due in Darwin, NT on Sunday - Cyclone Marcus

MMDown Under

Eric's one-liner was epic!

"Azamara cruises where Queen Mary refuses"

There was laughter all around the ship every time he said it.

That’s a bit cheap as I can point to a very long list of ports I missed on Azamara where they also didn’t find a replacement port or “delayed for just a day” - as Queen Mary for reason’s its Captain will know apparently couldn’t do.

That’s a bit cheap as I can point to a very long list of ports I missed on Azamara where they also didn’t find a replacement port or “delayed for just a day” - as Queen Mary for reason’s its Captain will know apparently couldn’t do.

Agreed- I don’t think a cruise director is qualified to second-guess the Cunard captain.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never met the man but it sounded to me like a joke and I laughed. I am sure he was not meaning it towards the captain just as a joke.

Kathy

Edited by rabin1

Not so much of a joke for the thousands of people without power or water and facing even more possible destruction this week.

WHOA!! just hold onto your smart remarks.

I was talking about Eric the cruise directors comment. Listen I live in Fort. Lauderdale and in September I went thru my 5th hurricane. I had no electricity etc for over a week. Last hurricane had no electricity, water, gas etc for 3 weeks. One hurricane I could not even get out of my apartment someones A/C had my door blocked. Natural disasters is something I would never ever joke about. I live with them from June 1 thru November every year. What you said was totally inappropriate. Maybe you should have read the other posts before saying to me what you did.

Kathy

I was talking about Eric the cruise directors comment. Listen I live in Fort. Lauderdale and in September I went thru my 5th hurricane. I had no electricity etc for over a week. Last hurricane had no electricity, water, gas etc for 3 weeks. One hurricane I could not even get out of my apartment someones A/C had my door blocked. Natural disasters is something I would never ever joke about. I live with them from June 1 thru November every year. What you said was totally inappropriate. Maybe you should have read the other posts before saying to me what you did.

Kathy

No one was talking to you. I, along with another poster, think the joke about Cunard avoiding Darwin was in poor taste. Read the thread.

No one was talking to you. I, along with another poster, think the joke about Cunard avoiding Darwin was in poor taste. Read the thread.

Apology. I did read the thread. Where are you in Florida? Just noticed that so you probably like me know about natural disasters. Nothing to joke about. I still don;t think he said it to be disrespectful to the ship or the people hurt or in need.

Kathy

It was meant to be funny, and let's face it Eric has a fantastic wit!

In reality, we all have different senses of humour.

Anyway, the weather has improved and Bali is hot and dry today.

I didn't take any offence to it at all and as you say, Eric and his reference to a "Queen" is so "him"!

Continue to enjoy your trip.

Phil

I agree we all have a different sense of humour, Aussies in particular. I got it and thought it was funny in a "David and Goliath" kind of way.

Glad to hear the weather has improved and you are now enjoying a hot, dry day in Bali.

There is another cyclone trying to form in the same region, near Darwin, and Cyclone Marcus, a category 4/5, is now off the Western Australian Coast.

If anyone has Facebook access check out the flooding in Port Douglas today. Ohhhh my!

Thank you for sharing images of flooding in Port Douglas. I knew all the rivers were up and the Daintree ferry wasn't running, but I didn't know about flooding in Port Douglas.

Thank you for sharing images of flooding in Port Douglas. I knew all the rivers were up and the Daintree ferry wasn't running, but I didn't know about flooding in Port Douglas.

It seems like a ton of road closures. Yorkers knob road was closed and a land slide closed captain cook highway. Just crazy up there.

Just read that PD had 593mm of rain in 24 hours...ouch

WOW No wonder there is local flooding. Av monthly rainfall for PD for March is 425mm.

(395mm Jan, 424mm Feb, 204mm April). As you can see, Jan to April is the rainy season up north.

WOW No wonder there is local flooding. Av monthly rainfall for PD for March is 425mm.

(395mm Jan, 424mm Feb, 204mm April). As you can see, Jan to April is the rainy season up north.

Last night, swift water rescue had to assist with rescuing 42 people from two flooded caravan parks in Cairns. The remnants of cyclone Nora is causing road cuts and flash flooding as far south as Townsville.

Kathy

I live near Buffalo, New York. I'll take snow over hurricanes every time. Consider moving away.