Anyone stay in room near laundry?

bobolz

We were on Deck 8 last year so not near a laundry ... but there are several threads which reassure everyone about the laundry noise issue (below is an example [cut and paste] from elsewhere in the Forum). It might be worth doing some other searches, but I don't think it is a problem....

The strange thing about the Viking ships is just how little of the noise from the corridors you can actually hear inside the cabins. We stepped out our door one morning and were surprised at the amount of the activity in the corridor; it was so quiet in our cabin that we thought the corridor was empty.

The same goes for the laundry rooms. They are not contiguous to any cabin. You can't tell if anyone is inside unless you open the door and walk in.

You would expect a lot of spill over from the elevator and stairwell vestibules, but there really isn't. Walking down the corridor you have to be in within a couple of feet before you hear anything. That's one of the reasons I had no qualms choosing cabin 4082 for our next cruise.

Edited by helenandfrank
italics

We were on Deck 8 last year so not near a laundry ... but there are several threads which reassure everyone about the laundry noise issue (below is an example [cut and paste] from elsewhere in the Forum). It might be worth doing some other searches, but I don't think it is a problem....

The strange thing about the Viking ships is just how little of the noise from the corridors you can actually hear inside the cabins. We stepped out our door one morning and were surprised at the amount of the activity in the corridor; it was so quiet in our cabin that we thought the corridor was empty.

The same goes for the laundry rooms. They are not contiguous to any cabin. You can't tell if anyone is inside unless you open the door and walk in.

You would expect a lot of spill over from the elevator and stairwell vestibules, but there really isn't. Walking down the corridor you have to be in within a couple of feet before you hear anything. That's one of the reasons I had no qualms choosing cabin 4082 for our next cruise.

Agreed.

I agree about the noise in the corridors. However, on our cruise the laundry door was never closed. The doorplate on the floor was extremely noisy and I tried to take care not to step on it. I felt horrible for the people across from it. I sure hope it didn't bother them every time someone walked in and out and didn't pay attention to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Jim - just curious , what room is directly across from the door to the laundry? You said you were in 4046, we are in 4052 and 4054. The ship plan appears that it is directly across from a total of 3 rooms :4046-4052.

Thx

We are assigned 4052 as well on the Sea. Being a light sleeper I wonder about this as well. Not sure what the laundry room hours are so maybe it will be of little concern. I am hoping. And yes, 4052 looks like it is directly across from the laundry room door? I have been told not to worry, and that is truly what i would like! I do know that Viking is well insulated and much better than other lines we have been on, but there are times when you can hear doors or TV’s in adjacent rooms.