Victory Hotel Stockholm

SantaFe1

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? We booked the Captain Johansson Suite for our anniversary in May before our Homelands Cruise. But the hotel is in an old building and I want to make sure it is extra nice for our occasion. Location looks wonderful!

We stayed there last August before our Homelands cruise. The location is wonderful, close to Gamla Stan (maybe one block off the main street) and easily walkable to many sites. It's a funky hotel with lots of ship memorabilia. Saw others from our cruise staying there. We arrived around 9:00 am and they let us check in and even upgraded our room. The room and bathroom were comfortable and breakfast was good.

We stayed there in June 2015. We reserved a delux room for 5 nights. Unless they have had a major remodel, I would not recommend this hotel. The location was great. The room was terrible. (Beyond dirty, mold, cracked tiles, etc). And that is just a piece of what occurred . We were truly disappointed. We normally do not have those types of experiences when we travel, but it happened. I am happy to provide more details if you would like them. Sorry, I know it isn’t what you want to hear.

Thank you both. The word “funky” is what gives me pause, as it connotes dirty and worn to me. So, vineyard view, I really appreciate your candor. I had read some reviews that said exactly what you did. Not exactly where we want to spend our anniversary. Fortunately, I made a reservation that can be canceled.

When we were there May, 2017 the lift was NOT working. Our room was small and very very tired. Location and staff were wonderful...they even packed a to go breakfast for us-as we had an early morning flight. If you can get a renovated room I was book it otherwise look for an alternative.

Thanks, Deec. I don’t need a dirty room at the top of several flights of stairs! I have also booked at the Radisson Blu Waterfront, which, while lacking charm, should at least be clean, and we have a water view. I have seen on these boards that most people are very happy there.

Our friends stayed at the Radisson Blu after we told them of our experience. They were happy with their choice. I researched prior to our trip like crazy looking for a ‘boutique’ hotel.....I would steer towards the Radisson if we returned. Plus it is right there on the waterfront area, Gamla Stan close by, as well as walkable to the Vasa museum if you enjoy longer walks. We thoroughly loved exploring all over the place by walking in Stockholm. I think you made a good decision. Enjoy!

We stayed at First Hotel Reisen on Gamla Stan with a view of the port from our room so we could see the ship arrive. There is a bus stop about a half a block away that can get you to the port or into city center. The HOHO bus also stops there. We loved it and felt like we were getting a unique experience and not just a Hilton 'lite' hotel. I can't say enough about the breakfast.

First Hotel Reisen was one we also considered and had good reviews on trip advisor. As Dauntless stated, we too like "unique" hotels instead of the big name ones since my husband stays in those while traveling for work.

A renovated room at Victory would be fine if they can assure you of that. It was a great location. Certainly quirky with great bar and interesting decor and I think a sauna. Did not want to be too negative.

We stayed at Hotel Skeppsholmen. It's a former military building and in a beautiful location. There is a ferry stop very close by and easy access to the Vasa Museum. Very quiet. I didn't see all of the rooms available, as ours was just fine. Might not be as extra special as you would like for an anniversary, but a very pleasant place.