Private Transfer from San Antonio to Santiago

Isabella8

If you need transfer from San Antonio to Santiago, we would be happy to share info on our driver who is dropping us off in San Antonio on 20/1. I'm sure he would be happy to pick up passengers for his return to Santiago. Our booking with him has been very easy and prompt with his reply.

We (3) .will need to get from Santiago to San Antonio in March 2019. If you could share the name & contact info it would be much appreciated.

You can email me at travelpage23atyahoo you know the rest.

Thanks so much

• 4 weeks later...

Tour/Transfer From San Antonio to Santiago - we had an unfortunate experience following our disembarkation from the Emerald Princess on February 14, 2018 with our scheduled tour/transfer to the Santiago airport with SOUTH EXCURSIONS (it may market under other names as well). We were a group of 8 adults, and had made the arrangements back in October, 2017. The problems were as follows. (1) The company had confirmed that it would provide a van that could readily handle all of our specific luggage requirements - however, without notice they provided a much smaller van that provided for a very uncomfortable riding experience for the 8 hours. (2) The van was not permitted into the terminal area for pick up, and we had to exit to the street, which was chaotic and crowded, and made loading the van (which then took 30 minutes because it was too small) very difficult - the guide who met us just outside of the terminal did not seem to know that the van would not be permitted to come into the terminal pick area like the buses, and none of the materials disclosed this information. (3) Once enroute, the guide had no idea that we had specifically (by email confirmation) included a stop for lunch. (4) Apparently, because of the shift in the ports, the company/guide were not particularly familiar with a suitable "tour" and the associated traffic issues that made it impractical to maintain the schedule for the tour. (5) With the combination of the "new" tour from San Antonio, and the traffic delays which the company acknowledged afterwards is what happens when the cruise ships come in), the guide really became even more disorganized and confused. (6) Apparently to accommodate the revised schedule, a different lunch place was designated, one which the tour guide said he had never been too (earlier he commented on a lunch stop that was along our original route with special arrangements/pricing for us as cruise passengers). The price for a relatively simple meal, including drinks, was overpriced compared to several other lunches we had in Chile during the cruise. (7) The tour included wine tasting - which involved three (3) samples being poured, the date and alcohol content being provided, but absolutely no information on the background of the wine or the winery. (8) At the airport drop off, the driver was not familiar with the drop off area for international departures.

To its credit, the company did respond to my email outlining these issues, but basically laid it off to not being real familiar yet with this tour/transfer. Since I rely heavily on comments on this board in planning my trips, I thought it would be helpful to share our experiences with this company.:(

Thank you so much for your review. I used South Excursions previously from Valparaiso with great success so I too booked a tour/transfer for our upcoming (March 2018) disembarkation in San Antonio. Because of your review I have sent an email to SE saying that I am deeply concerned and asked for assurances this will not happen when we get to San Antonio. Thank you!!!

knot normal - I hope it helps insure a successful transfer. One of my fellow passengers on this tour/transfer did a little more digging, and discovered that the issue of not providing the promised van seems to come up on a number of occasions, so if the size of the van is important, I am not sure how you can fully protect your concerns. We were really packed in - there was luggage in the front seats, so the guide had to either stand in the area immediately behind the seats next to the exit door (where we also had bags) or in front on the center console.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for your review. I used South Excursions previously from Valparaiso with great success so I too booked a tour/transfer for our upcoming (March 2018) disembarkation in San Antonio. Because of your review I have sent an email to SE saying that I am deeply concerned and asked for assurances this will not happen when we get to San Antonio. Thank you!!!

Hope your transfer went well without any surprises!

We used South Excursions and had plenty of room for lots of luggage and the van was comfortable.

Review here:

https://baskeytravels.com/disembarkation-san-antonio-chile/

We found the office very accommodating as we had to do a last minute switch from the Port of Valparaiso to that of San Antonio. Stephanie was very good at arranging a substitute tour so close to departing.

Heather