Best beach day from Yorkey's Knob

wagtail_syd

Hi

Our cruise has a day in Yorkey's knob. We've been to Cairns before so keen to just spend a day at the beach rather than doing any properr sightseeing. I've been to Trinity Beach and Palm Cove before and found them both lovely. Is the beach at Yorkey's Knob nice for swimming, strolling and lunching? It looks a bit windy and mud flat-like on google images. Is the beach walkable from the tender drop off? If not and we have to get a taxi in any case, would we be better off heading to Trinity Beach so we can enjoy the nice palm tree lined beach and cafes there?

Thanks

Don't they have the occasional croc(s) in the ocean there.

For me I would play it safe and swim in a pool (and that is after I had a good look to see that one did not creep in overnight)?

Don't they have the occasional croc(s) in the ocean there.

For me I would play it safe and swim in a pool (and that is after I had a good look to see that one did not creep in overnight)?

Not that I know of. But don't they have stingers in the water in the summer months?

We spent a 3 or 4 hours there last year. There are no facilities to of speak but there is a safe swimming area which is manned by a life guard. There are a few photos on my blog if you follow the link below.

Celebrity Solstice Postcard #36 – Cairns (Yorkeys Knob), Australia – Day 1

There is also a small cafe over the road and toilets/changing rooms close by along with BBQ areas.

I will come back an post more photos when I have a little more time.

Thank you Wansbrough. That is really helpful! Beach looks ok but definitely think worth it to taxi to Trinity Beach as it is so much nicer there. You've helped me make my decision. Not worried about crocs. We will definitely be swimming inside the stinger nets just to be safe even though it will be right at the end of the stinger season (late April).