GRAND SUITES EXPLORER Anyone who has sailed in one of the Grand suites please comment

flyers

We are interested in the Grand Suites on deck 7 namely 784 or 785 and would appreciate any information, comments etc. Particularly any noise emanating from the Gym area below. Is there any Vibration in these stern suites and what is the veranda like. We are also interested in Grand 1012 or 1015. but not in the Grand suites in the front. Bow area. Any and all comments would be greatly appreciated.

Are you referring to the Grand Suites on the Explorer or ??? We have stayed in a forward Grand Suite on Explorer and a mid-ship Grand Suite on Mariner and a Grand Suite on Deck 11 on Voyager. I’m in between planes at the moment but if you let me know the ship, I’ll try to help.

We were on the Explorer in 785 a Grand Suite. We liked it a lot, the chair in the living room was a little over size and not so great. However everything else was really nice. A little small living room but wasn't any problem, we had a few cocktails parties (6 people) work out nice. I liked the master bedroom and bath. Shower was great. Deck really big and nice. We thought it was worth the price. No noise from the ym and never notice any vibration. We'd book it again. Rick

Sorry didn't take any. But you have a table, chairs for dining, two big easy chairs, a small L shape couch and two chase lounges. It's really a nice size very useable deck area. Nice for sail into port and out. The weather wasn't so great for us, but when it was we used the deck area.

Although we were in a forward Grand suite, the layout if basically the same -- it just had a huge balcony that is unusable most of the time. We found the furniture in the Grand suite too large for the space. If you put the four chairs around the table, one could to walk by. While the bathroom and bedroom are over the top, IMO, the rest of the space does not compare favorably with the Voyager or Mariner Grand suite.

We. love Explorer and, so far, have found the Master, Concierge and F1/F2 suites to be the best. Our least favorite is the PH suites due to the tiny closet, lack of a bathtub and layout of the suite.

We were originally booked in 1201 and then you,Jackie, were kind enough to warn me about the wind. Which is why we switched to 784. We have had a SS aft suite on the Mariner and the Owners Suite on Riviera and in both cases had no problem being out on the balcony even when in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. So I don't anticipate any problem with the terrace this time.

Since the Master suite is right over the Grand Suite perhaps you could comment on the "usability" of that terrace when at sea? It is likely to be the same and from what I can see on the deck plans - about the same size! Merci d'avance!

We used our terrace in the Grand Suite back of the ship---not a problem (Crossing the Atlantic-Lisbon to Miami), except for the few days of rain and one cold day, other that it it's a great deck. We even had a cocktail party one evening before dinner with a few people we met on the cruise. I'd do it again.

Gerry, we were in the aft Master Suite and found the balcony to be perfect (and loved the suite). I'll be interested in learning what you think of the "easy chair" in the Grand Suite. I would like to give it an award for being the most awkward, uncomfortable chair that I have ever sat in (but it does have a nice deign -- as long as you don't sit in it).

One think you will likely find is that the Vista Suite on Oceania's Riviera (I believe that you have stayed in this suite), is much larger and better laid out in the living room area. The Explorer Grand suites take the prize for the nicest bathroom. The bedrooms on both ships are lovely.

Thanks Jackie! Yes - we had a Vista Suite on Riviera last November and loved it. In fact we liked it better than the Owners Suite on the Riviera which we had a few years ago. Given though that the cruise in question is in "tropical" waters AND with a canal transit the terrace is extremely important to us. (Had the same problem in the Vista Suite that you mentioned in 1201 on Explorer - when the ship is under way you cannot use the balcony.)

I have seen a photo of "the chair" and agree - it doesn't look comfortable. Wonder why it was put there!!