2018 FIFA World Cup Russia - any soccer fans out there?

BBMacLaird

We are also booked on the 17th june cruise, purely because we wanted to go to a world cup game. Unfortunately we were unsuccessful in the ballot and there are no tickets available. I have emailed Azamara and they don't even reply or acknowledge so have tried to complain via Iglu. They keep saying that for £75,or thereabouts, Azamara will talk us through how to apply for tickets and transport us to the stadium. We are perfectly capable of navigating the FIFA website ourselves and aware that there are no tickets available. I am furious with the mis-selling of this cruise by Azamara and their total lack of concern.

I am sorry, Toughted. We all feel bad we were not able to obtain game tickets.

Have you tried emailing our UK MD Richard Twynam? He’s usually very responsive.

Rtwynam@Azamara.com

FYI, there will likely be ways to get your hands on second-hand tickets outside the usual FIFA channels. Also, FIFA may release more tickets as they become available down the road. I would not assume you are not getting tickets, as long as you are willing to do the legwork. You may also be able to get the FAN ID at the last minute if needed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I was sorry that England lost today in the semi-finals. But what a good game!

Congratulations to England for playing their heart out and for so nearly clenching the World Cup.

Edited by BBMacLaird
Extra line spacing, aka carriage returns

It was a great atmosphere watching the game on the Quest. We watched the first half on the large screen on the Cabaret Lounge, then the second half on deck on the giant screen that was put up in front of the pool bar.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I saw your post with the photos of watching the game out on the deck. It looked wonderful.

And again, congratulations to England for the good run. Your team has millions of new fans as a result!