MSC Status Match to Marriott Gold

greg898

Has anyone here matched their status to Marriott Gold? It would be great if they gave me Gold in the Voyagers Club as well but I'm assuming there might be a downgrade since it's a hotel status and not another cruise line.

I don’t know about Marriott but IHG Platinum gets you MSC silver, Club Accor Platinum gets MSC Black and Hilton Diamond I think gets MSC Gold just to give you an idea of hotel matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t know about Marriott but IHG Platinum gets you MSC silver, Club Accor Platinum gets MSC Black and Hilton Diamond I think gets MSC Gold just to give you an idea of hotel matches.

Thanks! I'm guessing I'll get at least MSC Silver then .

Does it work in reverse? In other words, if you already have a MSC Black status, can you have the Marriott hotel program match the MSC Black to their Marriott Gold Elite??? I went on the Marriott hotel site and their is no mention of this.

Does it work in reverse? In other words, if you already have a MSC Black status, can you have the Marriott hotel program match the MSC Black to their Marriott Gold Elite??? I went on the Marriott hotel site and their is no mention of this.

I don't think so. They match your SPG status since they own Starwood now but I've never heard of any hotel brands matching the status of other reward programs before.

It is my understanding that MSC is the only cruise line that will match someone's status on another cruise line or a hotel chain. I would suggest MSC is doing this to try and break into the US market. Hotels and/or other cruise lines have nothing to do with MSC and their willingness to do this for 'us.'

It is my understanding that MSC is the only cruise line that will match someone's status on another cruise line or a hotel chain. I would suggest MSC is doing this to try and break into the US market. Hotels and/or other cruise lines have nothing to do with MSC and their willingness to do this for 'us.'

The Hilton group will do a status match to another hotel loyalty scheme but I think that is the only one.

Thank you for the "Hilton" info - my husband is Platinum with Marriott so would love to be status matched with Hilton.

Back to what is pertinent to this thread:

Platinum with Marriott gave husband Black with MSC and my status with Carnival gave me Gold with MSC - have very much appreciated the status match - most of the time now we cruise either MSC or Carnival.

• 2 months later...
Thank you for the "Hilton" info - my husband is Platinum with Marriott so would love to be status matched with Hilton.

Back to what is pertinent to this thread:

Platinum with Marriott gave husband Black with MSC and my status with Carnival gave me Gold with MSC - have very much appreciated the status match - most of the time now we cruise either MSC or Carnival.

What is your status with Carnival that got you MSC Gold? I'm Platinum on both Royal and Carnival and wonder which will give me the better match with MSC. Please let me know, Thanks! Ann

I am not familiar with Princess or NCL verbiage but I believe the highest level of any line is matched Black with MSC and the next level is Gold with MSC (Carnival’s Platinum).

Not quite correct

RCI Diamond matches to MSC Black as do Diamond + and Pinnacle

RCI levels

Gold (lowest)

Platinum (MSC SILVER)

Emerald (MSC GOLD)

Diamond (MSC BLACK)

Diamond + (MSC BLACK)

Pinnacle (highest) (MSC BLACK)

Edited by Skier52

• 5 weeks later...