Serenade of the Seas review from my 4th grader

jennyumaa

"I thought our cruise on the Serenade of the Seas was fabulous, though I suppose it helped that this was our first cruise. I know I’m just a kid, but I think I can still write a decent review. First, I thought the embarkation was very smooth. Not that much security, so not much wasted time. It was still safe because they checked all our IDs, our clothes, and our luggage, which we mostly gave to a man who checked it and brought it to our room.

When we went to Windjammer for the first time, I was like,”GASP” (I like saying GASP out loud and not actually gasping), this is the best buffet I’ve ever been in. In my opinion, there weren’t many choices, but the reason I gave it 5 stars is because my family loved it, and because I am picky. I then realized the rooms were open, so we all hurried down to our rooms. It was miniscule! For a few minutes, we complained, but after a day, it felt nice and cozy. Though you will usually not spend much time in it, each time you come into your room, you feel happy, cozy, safe, and relaxed.

Next, you should go to Adventure Ocean, which we called the Kid’s Club. (Parents always have to accompany you for the first time and if your parents sign the permission sheet, you get a white wrist band and you can sign yourself out and in.) They have many fantastically fun activities, such as Crazy Tag, Gaga Ball, Fireball, e.t.c.They even have tournaments! The consoulers were pretty good, but sometimes they make bad choices and rules.

And for dinner… the main dining room, Reflections! You may have to place a free reservation, but it’s worth it! But try not to be like me, because for main course and dessert I had the same thing every night… Aged Manhattan Steak and New York Cheesecake! Looks like I was going for an ad on the billboards in Manhattan: The Crazy Guy Who Ate Our Steak and Cheesecake for 5 Days in a Row! That said, I’m sure that other people would love everything, because that restaurant served everything from fried snails to crab cake! Plus, they switched most of the menu every day! We had excellent Waiters, and their assistants were excellent too. Say hello to Pinto and Kumar for me! Same for Robert and his assistant Karina from Russia!

The variety of sports are amazing! They have two ping-pong tables, a basketball court, a few swimming pools, and a mini-golf course. They can entertain you for a loooooooooooooong time, as I saw some grown-ups and kids play for hours on the same basketball court for hours! Believe it or not, they played every day! If you think they’re just extreme basketball lovers, let’s check out the pools! There are 2 pools. Let’s start off with the less crowded one: the kiddie pool. It is shallow, and has a deep section which is about a meter deep. There is a floating serpent streaking through the outer sections, and there are two water slides: a water slide that does not spew water and is in the section where the serpent is, and a slide that does spew water, where our family kept getting stuck. There is a shark shaped shower, and there are a few beach chairs dotted at the side. That pool seemed good for tots and other little kids. Now, the most popular pool was a regularpool we often see in a hotel, which had, once again, a shallow zone and a deep zone. It had 2 hot tubs on the side, which I really loved. The hot tubs were filled with bubbles!. Every now and then, there were even waves! There is also a bar next to it that serves food like hot dogs and drinks like lemonade! Overlooking the pool was a giant public balcony where if you didn’t want to swim, you could watch! At a corner, there are towels, though they smell like vegetables (which I actually like). Pretty good, eh? But that’s not all! Well, the mini golf was pretty small, but it had a good variety of courses (nine), ranging from plain easy to pretty hard.

Now, if you think that’s all, you’re wrong! There were activities, and like the dining menus at Reflections, most of them change every day! There were movies every day, and you’d want them to change. There were 2 movies every night, with a variety from Wonder to Logan Lucky. There are activities from midnight to 1:00 a.m., and 24-hour activities to fill the gap. Since they overlap each other, you should be plenty busy! Well, if you don’t like any of the activities, then you must have NEVER been happy. There is SUCH a big variety of activities, you cannot possibly be bored. If you’re a kid, you’ll like activities like the Fun Darts Game, the Family Water Balloon Toss, Origami, Rock Climbing, Family Paper Airplanes Competition, Family Selfie Trivia Hunt, etc. If you’re a grown-up, you still have a lot of events, actually more than kids!

Even with all those on the ship, the experience at the excursions were great! I’m going to describe them in order. Your first stop is Costa Maya. If you’ve never been to that port before, it looked great! Another great part was that people made some of the port look like the Mayan Ruins! There are some great tours for the Mayan ruins! We went with a company called Native Choices, to a stone pyramid which used to be a temple. We saw more structures like that and an amazing flight of stairs! Service was great, and so were pineapples and Mayan food like chicken, tortillas, salsa, all types of veggies, etc., which we ate in a Mayan village! On the second destination, Cozumel, we had a blast snorkeling! Since it was very windy, the Royal Caribbean one got canceled, but Cozumel Cruise Excursions (the company we used) didn’t! I couldn’t see very clearly and needed to get onboard quickly, so I didn’t see anything on the first station (Palancar Reef), but I could on the second (Columbia Reef) and third (El Cielo). El Cielo is so beautiful. There are sea creatures like starfish, turtles, sand dollars, stingrays, etc. My sister even found a colorful shell!

Finally, for disembarking, I’d say, I really didn’t like it. It was terrible! Picture this. We had time for breakfast. We were neatly sorted by number off the ship. We were #2. Our big suitcase was poking its head out of the luggage pack #2. We went through a brief yet secure personal check. That only took about 2 minutes. We boarded a bus to our excursion. Most people would ask, “What was so bad about that?” Well, if I were you, I would think, “Wait. He was on a cruise. Theruise was totally fun. I know that because I read this totally awesome review. And he just left one!” Then, as some (1 out of 152 people, probably?) of you would think, “I’m surprised he wasn’t bawling his eyes out.”

Interesting. We got off our first cruise, and it’s still not over? What if this is just the conclusion? Nope, it’s not. I’m positive. I’m the writer, after all. Another cruise stop? Nope, since the last paragraph was about disembarkation. Plus, we were already in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, U.S., North America, Earth, in the Milky Way. Well, we were going to the Florida Everglade National Park! We first went on a city tour, then went to the Park. I got to hold a baby alligator, and saw many animals like a giant crocodile, a panther, a kookaburra, etc. When we went into our speedboat or whatever boat it was, it was soooooooooooo loud that we had to put earplugs into our ears! We had a good boat captain, Bob, and went astoundingly fast! Before we knew it, our adventure was done!!!!!! :( :) @-@

Sorry, dudes. Gotta stop the party now. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for reading this review. Have a great ride on the Serenade of the Seas, have a great year, and don’t eat too much donuts for breakfast at Windjammer. Bye!"

• 3 weeks later...