Status Match

mighty george

I have seen all the amazing posts about the MSC status match but just wondered what evidence you supplied when applying for the match.

On the form it says you need a copy of your membership card for the other loyalty scheme. We are RCCL crown and anchor members but can’t recall ever having a membership card or if ever did it’s been lost a long time ago! Does anyone know if they accept anything else as evidence to prove your membership level?

Many thanks

I am glad many have had success with the match. I recently booked YC on Seaside and am rethinking everything about this line. My agent was great when I booked and offered black status match with a sizable discount if I qualified. I went through the steps and sent Marriott Plat status proof. They sent me a "silver" status. Several calls and e-mails to the booking individual and I cannot even get a response from MSC.

Reading posts regarding the Seaside experience leaves me very concerned. I like the idea of the YC but if I can't even communicate with this line I really question how I will be treated on board. I have sent two e mails, called and put on hold for 25 minutes, and called and was told my 'agent would call me as soon as possible'. This is too much work to book a cruise with a

cruise line with checkered reputation. JMHO

I have seen all the amazing posts about the MSC status match but just wondered what evidence you supplied when applying for the match.

On the form it says you need a copy of your membership card for the other loyalty scheme. We are RCCL crown and anchor members but can’t recall ever having a membership card or if ever did it’s been lost a long time ago! Does anyone know if they accept anything else as evidence to prove your membership level?

Many thanks

our friends scanned a copy of their RCCL key card from their last cruise, it has DIAMOND or whatever your status is. They completed the MSC application and uploaded the scan of their card and sent to MSC, it was accepted.

We sent a screen shot of CCL status page showing our Platinum status. Acepted

OK glad it worked for you but all I would like is a phone call or e mail response. I tried to contact their Voyager Club or whatever it is called and the number I received was for making a booking. When I do speak to a human they tell me immediately how busy they are. The initial agent although very pleasant was also not apparently accurate.

I am not sure how hard I should have to work to cruise this line.

I am glad many have had success with the match. I recently booked YC on Seaside and am rethinking everything about this line. My agent was great when I booked and offered black status match with a sizable discount if I qualified. I went through the steps and sent Marriott Plat status proof. They sent me a "silver" status. Several calls and e-mails to the booking individual and I cannot even get a response from MSC.

Reading posts regarding the Seaside experience leaves me very concerned. I like the idea of the YC but if I can't even communicate with this line I really question how I will be treated on board. I have sent two e mails, called and put on hold for 25 minutes, and called and was told my 'agent would call me as soon as possible'. This is too much work to book a cruise with a

PLEASE stick with it as you are booked in Yacht Club.

Since we took advantage of the Status Match (went in as Black), we have taken several cruises with MSC.

It's quite funny when I tell you that I don't really like the standard MSC product at all.

BUT we found Yacht Club to be extremely good.

We would never consider an inside cabin normally, but if we get a chance to get in YC at the right price we are even prepared to book an inside; we really enjoyed YC that much.

If you used an agent (not MSC) then I would put the problem of your status match firmly with them.

I also find MSC office staff (in the UK) to be totally useless, so I now book via an agent and let them deal with the hassles.

Thanks for the reply and the reason I was interested in MSC at all was the YC and what we felt were reasonable prices for this product. When I booked with MSC I was excited to try the YC and the offer of match status (mostly was interested in the discount associated with same).

Anyway I just sent an e-mail to a manager listed on the e-mails I had received earlier. I am convinced this is a classic situation where the MSC agents are completely overwhelmed and I did not want to create an issue for the agent but gee I am busy also and I don't have time to make routine communication to MSC a full time job. We do not have a travel agent for this booking. We book cruises through a big box store that does not handle MSC (maybe a reason for that). Anyway, I am starting to think I was getting a good deal buying a Rolex watch but maybe it is just a replica.

Just got back from Seaside Yacht Club and it’s the best deal in cruising!! Truly outstanding service so to cancel would be a travesty lol. As for black card status, not sure if it really matters with YC because most of the benefits are already included. We’re silver but lacked for nothing. Booked for next March while on board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As follow up we did hook up with our MSC person. Apparently she was swamped and out for a few days. Anyway I think she got things squared away. It appears I will be black and my wife silver.

I was not focused on the status perks so much but the significant discount available for status which was mentioned when we booked initially but could not be applied until status was granted. That is where much of my concern/ confusion was.

So unless something changes we will be on Seaside early next year.

I am also thinking it is a great value. While Seaside reviews haven't been stellar, haven't heard too many knocks on the YC.

So look forward to visiting the boards and learning more in the next months.

Many thanks

Hi there we took a screen shot of our current status from our previous cruise company we signed into our account which stated the level we had reached as well as points and forwarded copy via attachment which was accepted hope this helps

our friends scanned a copy of their RCCL key card from their last cruise, it has DIAMOND or whatever your status is. They completed the MSC application and uploaded the scan of their card and sent to MSC, it was accepted.

We sent a screen shot of CCL status page showing our Platinum status. Acepted

What was CCL Platinum matched to? Thanks.

I have heard of people get a screen print of their existing loyalty level from other cruise lines.

Then, I've heard that they use good old Microsoft Paint to cut and paste bits into their screen print jpg which makes their existing status even higher.

Apparently, people then save that as a PDF and send it to MSC for the Status Match and they award the highest black level.

Just imagine going from entry level on one line to the top tier on another after just one cruise.

At a time when trying to get anything out of a cruise line can be compared to getting blood from a stone, is the above clever, sneaky or just immoral?

This just adds insult to injury to those of who 'earned' the points to reach Black and who have, at first, seen the benefits cut immediately before the introduction of status-match and which are now being slowly eroded due to the number matching to Black.

Whether it is clever, sneaky, or just immoral, makes no difference - it's human nature to chance one's arm. It's up to MSC to ensure that it can't happen.

MSC should cancel every status match handed out until people can provide a written letter from the place they are claiming the match from and it has been verified, yes it hits the genuine but it stops the theft because that is what it is.

I guess I understand some angst among the passengers that 'earned' their status. However,

many airline and hotel programs offer status match or even allow elite status that you can immediately be granted and maintain by a certain level of activity. I know RCarib allows match to X. Many credit cards offer a status level just by acquiring the CC. The hotel boards are filled with complaints/ concerns by posters who are concerned about their status being diluted with changes in programs and mergers. So really what is the big deal? As far as I can see (particularly for YC pax) the benefits are not that compelling. I have had a bunch of top tier travel levels and outside of maybe a free breakfast or upgrade they don't really amount to that much.

I think MSC is clever in use of this as an incentive to passengers that might want to try the line. Certainly it will become like many of the other watered down programs where the 'elite' lines are longer than the 'regular' lines.

So I am not targeted as being contradictory from my earlier post, my concern of achieving MSC status revolved around the available discount I was told about when I booked. I have learned this is the same at most levels.

Bottom line for me I evaluate any travel provider 'status' by what it does for me in hard dollar value, not over how I think it will 'impress'. If they want to offer a bunch of Black Cards out

to virgin MSC cruisers it does't take that 'status' from you or remove your benefits. JMHO

If they want to offer a bunch of Black Cards out

to virgin MSC cruisers it does't take that 'status' from you or remove your benefits. JMHO

It actually does - and did!!!

Anyway, the point is that MSC are not even bothering to put a system in place to ensure that people are legitimately matching status - which is surely the point? Otherwise, not just give Black to all & sundry who've never sailed MSC before?? They might as well, if the system is so easily cheated.

I have heard of people get a screen print of their existing loyalty level from other cruise lines.

Then, I've heard that they use good old Microsoft Paint to cut and paste bits into their screen print jpg which makes their existing status even higher.

Apparently, people then save that as a PDF and send it to MSC for the Status Match and they award the highest black level.

Just imagine going from entry level on one line to the top tier on another after just one cruise.

At a time when trying to get anything out of a cruise line can be compared to getting blood from a stone, is the above clever, sneaky or just immoral?

What an interesting idea. I wonder how many who'd never thought to do that will think about it now after reading this post.

Black card level is a joke now that they are handed out like confetti, proof of it if needed is the reduction in meals in speciality restaurants to one per cabin despite the joke of a voyagers club saying one per person at Black level.

Black card level is a joke now that they are handed out like confetti, proof of it if needed is the reduction in meals in speciality restaurants to one per cabin despite the joke of a voyagers club saying one per person at Black level.

I'm convinced that the inability to use the voucher in Teppanyaki on Seaside is as a direct result of the (sudden) increase in numbers of Black card members. It won't be long before reaching the top tier of the club won't even be worth it (for those that are accruing points, that is!). There'll come a time when the "Priority" line will be longer than the regular one LOL.