LAX to San Pedro With Kids - Best Transportation?

ceilidh1

We are doing a short coastal next month and, for the first time ever, will be flying in to LAX the day of cruise. We should arrive at 11:40am and I am trying to figure out the best way to get from LAX to the ship in San Pedro. The catch is that I have two kids with me (no luggage as such, though!) One kid doesn't need a car seat but one would require a booster seat according to CA law. I'm guessing that rules out grabbing a cab or an Uber unless I bring along a seat. I would prefer to avoid a "shared" shuttle since I would rather get to the port as quickly as possible so this leaves me wondering which are the best private rides that would provide a car seat. We have used Lansky in the past and been impressed, but they have quoted $110 (which seems a little high, but maybe not?). The other option, of course, is to take the cruise line transfer but I'm not the biggest fan of this....

Anyone have any suggestions???

I’ve had good luck with Googling transportation companies in the past, or maybe there is some info on the West Coast Ports thread.

$110 seems like a great deal. Truthfully, it usually costs at least $25 per head with private Transportation based on my experience using private transportation in several ports. That amount is pre tip.

Maybe also try TrioAdvisor LAX forums and see if there are any suggestions over there.

With children, allow time to get off plane, get to curb, I would allow up to 40 minutes getting out of the airport perhaps more depending on bathroom stops, so 12:30 Depending on your traffic it should take you 30 + minutes to the cruise terminal. Check in 90 minutes before departure of your cruise. If cruise leaves at 4:30 then check in needs to be done by 3 PM. I would think you would be at the cruise terminal if no delays between 1 to 1:30. if your picking up checked bags this could delay your departure out of LAX.

• 1 year later...

I know you don't want to take a car seat but for greater flexibility I would.  They make smaller ones good for travel and maybe if you don't have one you could borrow it from a friend.

We had the family including four grandchildren with us for a California cruise and I arranged Execucar for each family and for ourselves and it worked well.  You would need the car seat though.

I use them often. We get the SUV's which work well.

www.execucar.com

Keith

• Thanks 1