You've Repeated the Same Cruise, Same Itinerary, But Why?

We did a BI cruise a couple years back and really enjoyed our ports of call throughout the UK.

I'd like to go again mainly because we didn't see a lot of the sites we wanted to the first time around.

The only difference is this time around we stop in Liverpool (Beatles).

So I'm throwing my hat in for a redux.

Go where you want to go, as much as you want to! We go to N. Myrtle Beach about 4 times a year....for at least a decade! What YOU do, or what I do shouldn't concern anyone else!

Just know that every sailing will "feel" different...it's the passenger mix, not the itinerary that makes the "feel" of the cruise.

After 50+ cruises, we cruise more for the ship board experience now. Over the years, have gone to the Mediterranean about 12 times, gone to the MIddle about 4 times, did 4-5 TAs, about 10 Mexican Rivera cruises no counting Alaska, Canada, the Carribean and Hawaii .... repeating porters, allows us to see something different. we never assume we will not be back and we dp assume we do not need to do it all in one trip.

We have repeated quite a few itineraries in the Caribbean, usually not on the same ship though. Reason? Mostly because we cruise in Winter for nice warm weather and the Caribbean has relatively cheap and easy access from home.

Also, as someone mentioned, even the same itinerary can be different each time, as well as the on board experience.

This year was the only year we have ever repeated the exact same itinerary, exact same ship. The itinerary was because it was the only one that worked for celebrating a special birthday with people from 3 different states at the time we needed it.

The same ship was because we really enjoyed the ship and entertainment the year before (Norwegian Getaway) and wanted my sisters to enjoy it too.

We did totally different things at each of the ports, (and we had visited them all before, one several times) so we still had fun.

Most of the ports we go to now are repeats. Some we take it easy and get off for 30 minutes or so to walk around the port area. Others we do a different tour. In some we deliberately go back to one or more sights to see them again.

We've done multiple west coast repositioning trips (3 -4 nighters). It's an inexpensive get away for a long weekend. I don't see it being any different than going to Las Vegas or San Diego for the weekend (we live in Arizona). Nothing wrong with it at all.

We’ve repeated many cruises, Baltic’s 3 times, Caribbean multiple, med multiple. We did a 2nd to see things we never saw first time. But we now do it to allow all the newbies to dash off, we get a lay in bed and a leisurely disembark or a ship with a dozen people about, it’s heaven.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As you can see by my signature, we don't really repeat cruises as we see cruising as seeing the world. Even our two Meds were quite different with only 3 repeated ports and we chose it that way.

As much as the Caribbean (known for repeat cruising) is lovely, the thought of going to the same places every year would bore me. There's over 200 countries in the world and the more I see the better.

Our next cruise is Asia to Oz....taking advantage of those expanding markets.

DW and I love to cruise and with me retiring in less than 3 months,, we hope to go more. Since we love the Caribbean, it means we will see the same islands and may cruise on same ships. No issue for us as even though things may appear to be the same, we find something new to do. Never get tired of naps and sitting in the hot tub soaking up the sun.