Excursion credit

jm8280

The $50 will be deducted from your on board billing as soon as you take the excursion.

HOWEVER, you will NOT be awarded the $50 if you book online. You have to either call the excursion number prior to the cruise, or book on board.

Shore Excursion Credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking on board. If you call the number above you will reserve the excursion ahead of time. You will not have to pay the remaining balance until you are on board.

The $50 will be deducted from your on board billing as soon as you take the excursion.

HOWEVER, you will NOT be awarded the $50 if you book online. You have to either call the excursion number prior to the cruise, or book on board.

how does it work when you take a post cruise tour from ncl

Shore Excursion Credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking on board. If you call the number above you will reserve the excursion ahead of time. You will not have to pay the remaining balance until you are on board.

Just for everyone's info: We are taking a Baltic cruise in August, and one of our perks was the $50 per excursion credit. We have 2 cabins, and booked 4 NCL excursions ONLINE so we could pay in advance. (dh hates having a big credit card bill upon debarking or coming home.) Upon reading this thread, I panicked a bit, as this adds up to $400 that should be coming back to us in obc. I just called the shore excursion dept., where a very nice lady named Judy calmed me down and told me that we could definitely book the excursions online, and would be credited the $50 per excursion when onboard. And any leftover excursion credit would be refunded to us on our credit card at the end of the cruise. So for anyone who wants to do it online - even though the "fine print" says you get the credit by booking onboard or by calling 1-866-625-1167 - go for it!

“we could definitely book the excursions online, and would be credited the $50 per excursion when onboard. And any leftover excursion credit would be refunded to us on our credit card at the end of the cruise.”

Correct, except you definitely won’t be credited any “leftover excursion credit.” It’s use it or lose it. Judy was likely saying you will be BILLED for the remaining balance (after the $50 per stateroom, per port is deducted).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don’t book it online even if the excursions desk tells you to. Getting it in writing won’t help either. Silver and Gold latitude members get 10% off but only if you book onboard and “ASK FOR THE DISCOUNT” if you don’t ask, they won’t give it to you.This is ridiculous as they should know your status. They gave me the discount after I checked my bill for the excursions booked on the ship but wouldn’t refund my 10% for the 2 excursions I booked online . They said I had to deal with HQ in Miami when I get back. Dealing with Miami will take 30 to 45 days. Too much hassle for $30 and that’s what guest services is counting on. I had issues with guest services in October and again last month. Once is a mistake, twice is a trend.

“we could definitely book the excursions online, and would be credited the $50 per excursion when onboard. And any leftover excursion credit would be refunded to us on our credit card at the end of the cruise.”

Correct, except you definitely won’t be credited any “leftover excursion credit.” It’s use it or lose it. Judy was likely saying you will be BILLED for the remaining balance (after the $50 per stateroom, per port is deducted).

No. If you book an excursion online you pay for it via credit card. They meant any unused OBC (due to the $50 excursion credits) would be refunded at the end of the cruise.

I was told the same thing by the Shore Ex desk but I haven’t seen any confirmed reports of this happening. The terms and conditions say the $50 per port is non refundable. I didn’t want to risk losing any of this perk ($600 in my case) - so booked via phone and will pay the net amount due for all excursions at the end of the cruise.

Our Latitudes discount % was deducted at the time of booking.

No. If you book an excursion online you pay for it via credit card. They meant any unused OBC (due to the $50 excursion credits) would be refunded at the end of the cruise.

I was told the same thing by the Shore Ex desk but I haven’t seen any confirmed reports of this happening. The terms and conditions say the $50 per port is non refundable. I didn’t want to risk losing any of this perk ($600 in my case) - so booked via phone and will pay the net amount due for all excursions at the end of the cruise.

Our Latitudes discount % was deducted at the time of booking.

Our Latitudes discount was also deducted at the time of booking. I will call the excursion dept. again today and see if I get the same answer re: any unused obc from the $50 credit per port. I really don't want to go through the hassle of canceling the excursions and then re-booking by phone, because I know there will be a problem/delay with refunding my credit card. (I know there won't be a problem with NCL charging my credit card again!) Worse case scenario - I will have to spend the $400 on board. With 2 daughters, I am sure that won't be a problem in the gift shops.;p

I was told you would get $50 obc after you completed the excursion if you book on the web. If you call $50 will be deducted from your account. Similar results but I still called to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I was told you would get $50 obc after you completed the excursion if you book on the web. If you call $50 will be deducted from your account. Similar results but I still called to be on the safe side.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I always book online and pay in advance. You get the 50$ credit that night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I called the excursion dept. again just to see if I would get the same answer - and I did. The $50 will be credited to our onboard account after each excursion is completed. If not used it will be refunded back to our credit card. She also mentioned we can go to Guest Services with i.d. the night before debark and get the refund in cash out of our account - interesting.

You must call to get the credit. I have done that recently and asked the same question. Must call. After you call to reserve excursions, the website will show you only the excursions you booked, not all that are available, should you think of reviewing to change your mind. You must go onto the website and search excursions by port and open each to see if it is available on the cruise ship you're taking. You can call to make changes to excursion choices as long as there are vacancies for those you want.

We have the excursion credit of $50 per cabin per port. If we book on ncl website for an excursion do they take off the 50 when we book it or credit it back to us.

You can book online, but you will be charged for the excursion. If you don't want to be charged upfront, you have to call the NCL shore excursion desk to book. The credit is just that, a credit. It will be deducted from your on board account on the final bill.

You must call to get the credit. I have done that recently and asked the same question. Must call. After you call to reserve excursions, the website will show you only the excursions you booked, not all that are available, should you think of reviewing to change your mind. You must go onto the website and search excursions by port and open each to see if it is available on the cruise ship you're taking. You can call to make changes to excursion choices as long as there are vacancies for those you want.

No, you do not have to call to get the credit. It's a credit against your final on board bill that is put on when you have taken an excursion booked through NCL We do this all the time, booking our excursions online, and receiving the credit on our final bill.

Yes they can refund you in cash if you have refundable credit at the end of the trip.

If you prepay the excursions with your credit card, is the $50 per port credit refundable OBC? (vs. non refundable). It should be since you have already paid NCL, but the terms and conditions say the per port credits are non refundable.

No, you do not have to call to get the credit. It's a credit against your final on board bill that is put on when you have taken an excursion booked through NCL We do this all the time, booking our excursions online, and receiving the credit on our final bill.

However if you book online you prepay the excursions so you need to have expenditure to use the obc. If you call you do not prepay and the 50 credit will be deducted from the cost of the excursion. I cannot see any advantage to booking online. I am based in Australia and had to call the USA to do this, I did it on skype, easy no big deal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you prepay the excursions with your credit card, is the $50 per port credit refundable OBC? (vs. non refundable). It should be since you have already paid NCL, but the terms and conditions say the per port credits are non refundable.

The shore excursion department told me it is refundable. I was told I could use it towards my daily service charges and if a balance, they would refund me.