Escape--Penthouse Haven suite or Aft Haven?

Cruizen Susan

Hi and thanks in advance!

I have booked the Escape for 11/25/18 in the Haven Penthouse suite. There are still some Aft Havens left for a little more $$$. I like the idea of the Penthouse located right there in the center of the Haven venues, but I love Aft cabins. With such a large ship, I assume the Aft cabin is quite a distance from the Haven.

I know it's a trade-off between an aft view and a larger cabin and balcony, and on the other hand that of convenience.

I would love to know your thoughts and opinions of the two choices.

Thanks!

Susan

A few factors.....

Which deck is the H6? The bedroom/master bathroom configurations are different depending on deck and the balcony sizes are different. Also, a H6 that is too high will deal with noise from above (Garden Cafe and Spice H2O at night).

The H6 is larger than the H5 and has a separate living room as well as 2 full bathrooms (1 is very small but has a shower). The H5 is one room/one bathroom.

The walk isn't a problem for me even if it means going from the Haven pool back to the H6 to get sunscreen. :cool:

I have booked the Escape for 11/25/18 in the Haven Penthouse suite. There are still some Aft Havens left for a little more $$$. I like the idea of the Penthouse located right there in the center of the Haven venues' date=' but I love Aft cabins. With such a large ship, I assume the Aft cabin is quite a distance from the Haven.

I know it's a trade-off between an aft view and a larger cabin and balcony, and on the other hand that of convenience.

Thanks!

Susan[/quote']

The extra space in the room (more than the balcony for us) is a big consideration. But being a “mile” away from the Haven complex is really annoying and you just don’t get motivated to make the hike to use the facility.

The last time we were on the Escape, we were in a forward facing Haven suite and just getting to the elevators and up a few floors was a demotivator.

It’s not even a question for us, H6 wins every time. You don’t need to go to the Haven except to eat, because you have your own private balcony that is massive. Our last concierge said the balconies should be called private terraces, because the word balcony doesn’t do it justice :)

If the walk to the Haven is an issue, then being in the Haven may be more important to you. However, you cannot beat the aft balconies. I do agree that the suites on higher decks can have noise issues, but then the trade off is climbing more stairs or waiting for elevators to get to the Haven, in addition to walking the length of the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The afts are amazing. We had one on the Epic and loved it. It was a hike to the Haven, but we made sure we packed what we thought we’d need in our pool bag so we weren’t constantly making trips back and forth. We’ve booked an H6 on deck 9 of the Breakaway for next year and can’t WAIT to experience the HUGE balcony.

I have booked the Escape for 11/25/18 in the Haven Penthouse suite. There are still some Aft Havens left for a little more $$$. I like the idea of the Penthouse located right there in the center of the Haven venues' date=' but I love Aft cabins. With such a large ship, I assume the Aft cabin is quite a distance from the Haven.

Thanks!

Susan[/quote']

We have done both. The Aft Penthouses win out, in our estimation, because they have a separate bedroom and that enormous balcony. The drawback is the long distance to the Haven. I think it really depends on how much you're going to use the Haven facilities vs. staying on your balcony.

As a compromise, we recently tried the forward facing Penthouse. These cabins have a separate bedroom, which we like, but only a very tiny balcony. You're not in the Haven proper, but it's easily reached from any of these forward cabins.

So, again, it comes down to what you like to do most on your cruise: Hang in the Haven, or on your private balcony.

Had the aft haven suite on Breakaway in February and it was AWESOME. Best balcony ever. It was very windy in some of the islands but we didn't have any problems with it. We were on deck 11 so far enough away from Spice only heard some music one night and it wasn't much of anything. And loved having a door from the living room AND the bedroom.

And loved having a door from the living room AND the bedroom.

On Breakaway/Getaway, that H6 configuration is only on decks 11 and 14.

On Escape, that H6 configuration is on every deck except for decks 11 and 14.

The OP is sailing Escape. Plus, the deck 11 H6 balcony on Escape is not as deep as the deck 11 H6 balcony on BA/GA.

The OP is sailing Escape. Plus, the deck 11 H6 balcony on Escape is not as deep as the deck 11 H6 balcony on BA/GA.

Great info, thanks!!

In your opinion then, which deck would be best on the Escape for an H6? TIA.

In your opinion then' date=' which deck would be best on the Escape for an H6? TIA.[/quote']

Actually, there are H6's on 11 and 14 as well. The difference is that the H6's on those two decks have the bedroom inside the cabin, and the bathroom facing out onto the balcony. We like these cabins better, because it the bedroom stays really dark in the mornings (we like to sleep in!).

The bathrooms have one-way glass facing the exterior, and also privacy screens you can let down if you prefer.

You can see the difference in this view of the aft end of Escape. The H6's with the bathrooms to the deck are the ones with the large, square, silvery windows (there's an arrow pointing to one on deck 14).

(edit: misunderstood the earlier post by Two Wheels Only - he was saying this, only in reverse)

1956439016_EscapeAft.jpg.afca43389afde974632ef7d2be2e4f9f.jpg

Actually, there are H6's on 11 and 14 as well. The difference is that the H6's on those two decks have the bedroom inside the cabin, and the bathroom facing out onto the balcony. We like these cabins better, because it the bedroom stays really dark in the mornings (we like to sleep in!).

The bathrooms have one-way glass facing the exterior, and also privacy screens you can let down if you prefer.

You can see the difference in this view of the aft end of Escape. The H6's with the bathrooms to the deck are the ones with the large, square, silvery windows (there's an arrow pointing to one on deck 14).

(edit: misunderstood the earlier post by Two Wheels Only - he was saying this, only in reverse)

Again, thank you, experts!! I am choosing carefully, since this is a 14 day sailing. Great visual of aft! :cool:

Again' date=' thank you, experts!! I am choosing carefully, since this is a 14 day sailing. Great visual of aft! :cool:[/quote']

If it's a 14 day cruise with a lot of sea days, I think I'd be looking at the aft penthouse H6 on 11 or 14. But it might also depend on the kind of weather (time of year) you'll encounter. The Haven courtyard on the Escape has a roof that can close it up in bad weather, so if you think you'll be seeing more bad weather than good, you might consider the Haven penthouse instead.

If it's a 14 day cruise with a lot of sea days, I think I'd be looking at the aft penthouse H6 on 11 or 14. But it might also depend on the kind of weather (time of year) you'll encounter. The Haven courtyard on the Escape has a roof that can close it up in bad weather, so if you think you'll be seeing more bad weather than good, you might consider the Haven penthouse instead.

Bingo! With 6 sea days, with some along the northeast coast in winter, you helped me make up my mind. Haven penthouse it is!! I'll do the Aft when I'm only in warm waters. Thank you!!

I was on the Escape last August and had the Aft Haven room. It was fabulous. The balcony is huge. We had 2 loungers, table with 4 chairs and still lots of room. We were on deck 14. It was a walk to Haven area, but the walk never bothered any of us.

Bingo! With 6 sea days' date=' with some along the northeast coast in winter, you helped me make up my mind. Haven penthouse it is!! I'll do the Aft when I'm only in warm waters. Thank you!![/quote']

NP! And you'll still have a smaller balcony on your Haven Penthouse for the sunny days. Plus, there's a Haven only sundeck above the pool area on Deck 18, with bar service and a hot tub.

NP! And you'll still have a smaller balcony on your Haven Penthouse for the sunny days. Plus, there's a Haven only sundeck above the pool area on Deck 18, with bar service and a hot tub.

Thanks again! I can easily live with that!! :cool:(y):ship: