Resort Day Passes

hinkley

We are going on The Miracle, Easter week . to Mexico. . stopping at Puerto Vallarta., Cabo, & Mazatlan.Taking our 2 grandchildren 15 & !9. . Does anyone know if you have to buy a day pass to use The hotel facilities, . Restaurant , pool . & beach?. or are there safe beaches near the port, that have restaurants, nearby.

Jean.

• 2 weeks later...

In Puerto Vallarta Hotel Krystal charges a little entrance fee but of course you need to buy food and drink. Recently it was posted the Marriott charges like US$ 45,- of which US$ 35,- is for food.

Also Hotel Tropicana is old town gives our daypasses, but I donot know what they charge.

Be aware however that during Easter week hotels will be extremely full and often because of that they donot give out day passes.

You can always go to Playa Los Muertos and enjoy the beach there while eating/drinking in one of the many restaurants.

Triciat165 I think we did quite well and it went quite far. We ate and drank far too many margaritas. I think the great exchange rate of pesos to $ helps a great deal as it is a higher end resort. We did end up paying a little extra at the end as we did go over but I blame that on the margaritas:) . Well worth it as we had such a great day

• 3 months later...

Crossfitmama, at this resortfortheday, was this unlimited drinking and food for the day....or you got a food and drink credit when you arrived at the resort? I will be taking the mexican rivera cruise next October 2018 on the new ncl bliss...and i am looking to get a resort day pass, but i am looking for something that is unlimited....would appreciate any suggestions...

Be aware that Easter week is a very busy, very drunken time for locals at the resorts in Mexico. We have heard horror stories about how wild it gets and have been told by numerous people to avoid the resorts during Holy Week.

Each place you are stopping has safe beaches with restaurants near by, but they require a long walk or a cab ride if I remember correctly. Along the malecon in PV and Mazatlan and on the opposite side of the bay from the cruise ship in Cabo there are beaches with restaurants. In PV and Mazatlan you could catch a bus into downtown where the malecon is (yes, the bus is safe). In Cabo we have walked from the cruise ship terminal to the opposite side of the bay where the beaches are - it is a long walk but you pass several restaurants and stores along the way so you can make stops as you go.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For PV, the Crown Paradise (Right next to where the ship docks) has a great deal! Here is what they sent me:

For people who come in cruise the cost of the day pass is $ 45 dlls per person and the hours are from 10 am to 6 pm, it includes use of facilities, drinks and meals inside the property.

It is necessary to bring an identification that will be delivered in reception in guarantee for use of the towel cards and the identification provided by the cruise.

Be aware that Easter week is a very busy, very drunken time for locals at the resorts in Mexico. We have heard horror stories about how wild it gets and have been told by numerous people to avoid the resorts during Holy Week.

Each place you are stopping has safe beaches with restaurants near by, but they require a long walk or a cab ride if I remember correctly. Along the malecon in PV and Mazatlan and on the opposite side of the bay from the cruise ship in Cabo there are beaches with restaurants. In PV and Mazatlan you could catch a bus into downtown where the malecon is (yes, the bus is safe). In Cabo we have walked from the cruise ship terminal to the opposite side of the bay where the beaches are - it is a long walk but you pass several restaurants and stores along the way so you can make stops as you go.

That's really interesting because we have been going to Mexico during Easter break for 10 years now with the exception of 2016 and while it has been crowded, we've never encountered numerous drunk people at the resorts.

We've also never been warned by anyone to avoid it and we know someone that lives in Cabo 6 months out of the year. We have seen many local families enjoying themselves and having fun, just like us at the resorts. :confused:

Edited by tonit964
spelling error

That's really interesting because we have been going to Mexico during Easter break for 10 years now with the exception of 2016 and while it has been crowded, we've never encountered numerous drunk people at the resorts.

We've also never been warned by anyone to avoid it and we know someone that lives in Cabo 6 months out of the year. We have seen many local families enjoying themselves and having fun, just like us at the resorts. :confused:

Oh wow.....that IS interesting. The stories we've heard are in Puerto Vallarta (around the marina area). Hmmmm...wonder if the people told us stories just so they could get rooms that time of year?!

• 2 months later...
In Puerto Vallarta Hotel Krystal charges a little entrance fee but of course you need to buy food and drink. Recently it was posted the Marriott charges like US$ 45,- of which US$ 35,- is for food.

Also Hotel Tropicana is old town gives our daypasses, but I donot know what they charge.

Be aware however that during Easter week hotels will be extremely full and often because of that they donot give out day passes.

You can always go to Playa Los Muertos and enjoy the beach there while eating/drinking in one of the many restaurants.

I'm interested in Marriott. I take it you have done this before? Also, what's the best way to do this, show up or reserve in advance?

Thanks!

In PV, I take the bus to downtown and go to the Sea Monkey. They have tables and chairs on the beach and sell beer and margaritas for one dollar. The same owner has a place on the malecon called Cheeky Monkey that is on,the second and third floors across from,the ladders statue. Same prices and the food is good. NO COVER CHARGE!!!:halo:

• 1 month later...

I contacted Hotel Krystal and am very disappointed in the response. They said I had to contact them 2 days before and they would tell me whether they could accommodate me or not. We used there beach and chairs in Feb. 2015.

Carol

I contacted Hotel Krystal and am very disappointed in the response. They said I had to contact them 2 days before and they would tell me whether they could accommodate me or not. We used there beach and chairs in Feb. 2015.

Carol

Actually this is very normal, if the hotel or resort are booked at 100% then they can not offer day passes. I certainly would not want to be staying at a resort which was 100 % booked out to find out they were still offering day passes.:eek:

Actually this is very normal, if the hotel or resort are booked at 100% then they can not offer day passes. I certainly would not want to be staying at a resort which was 100 % booked out to find out they were still offering day passes.:eek:

I understand what you are saying. I just did not have that same response the last time I contacted them.

Carol

It seems construction is going on there. Hilton is again taking over a part of the ground/building of Hotel Krystal, that might be a reason.

We just grabbed a taxi (van) as we were 6 people and it was cheap, $10 i think for all of us. Maybe a 5 min ride. I think the water taxi's are $4 or something like that. We used the water taxi coming back to the port as they picked us up right on the beach in front of the resort and it was free:)

We just grabbed a taxi (van) as we were 6 people and it was cheap, $10 i think for all of us. Maybe a 5 min ride. I think the water taxi's are $4 or something like that. We used the water taxi coming back to the port as they picked us up right on the beach in front of the resort and it was free:)

Thanks! :)

We went to the Marriott on 12/20. 550 pesos for the day per person, 450 credit toward drinks and food. We weren’t able to eat that much food. Was a nice pool with volleyball net, swim up bar, lots of pool chairs with umbrellas. The waiters were great too! You could walk down to the beach. Nicest part after Cabo was no vendors on the pool deck. I would do it again, thought it was a perfect rec. Thanks Ine!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm interested in Marriott. I take it you have done this before? Also, what's the best way to do this, show up or reserve in advance?

Thanks!

We just went to the Marriott, in early December. It was really lovely and the service was very good. There was a dedicated waiter for the day pass people and he was very attentive. The pool is very clean and we had a great day there. We just showed up, but it was the slow season and they had plenty of room. If you are going at Easter time, you should reserve if they will allow it.

We had emailed the concierge at the Hyatt first, and they told us we had to show up and then they would decide to let us in if they had space. I guess that is not uncommon during busy times (it happened to us in Roatan and we had to go to our #2 choice). Since they were discounting rooms right up until we left for our cruise, I know they weren't even close to full, but I didn't want to take a 1/2 hour taxi ride just to get turned away. So, we chose the Marriott instead.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you! This actually looks perfect for us. Do you know if this includes transportation to and from where the tenders dock?

Sorry i didn't reply sooner, i just saw this now. Transport back to the port was included and we took a water taxi to the resort from the port for I think $4 or $5 us

• 6 months later...
For PV, the Crown Paradise (Right next to where the ship docks) has a great deal! Here is what they sent me:

For people who come in cruise the cost of the day pass is $ 45 dlls per person and the hours are from 10 am to 6 pm, it includes use of facilities, drinks and meals inside the property.

It is necessary to bring an identification that will be delivered in reception in guarantee for use of the towel cards and the identification provided by the cruise.

That sounds perfect for our family. That looks like you could walk right there from the ship. Anyone been there?