Price assurance policy now up to 90 days before cruise

new_cruiser

Just noticed that Windstar has changed the price assurance policy from 120 days before cruise to 90 days before.

Before fall of 2017, they would adjust prices up to 7 days before the cruise. I can understand why they may have found that too tipped in favor of the customer as they can't afford to give everyone the same price that they might offer to those signing up last minute to fill the final cabins. On the other hand 120 days seemed to me to be tipped too far the other way.

90 days before (same as final payment time), seems a good balance.

It says that the new policy applies to bookings made on or after August 15.

• 1 month later...

Interestingly, our Star Collector cruise on the Star Pride has had two price reductions. Each time we've asked for the reduction they seemed resistant or denied the price had gone down. I've resorted to screen shots to prove what they should already know! Additionally, I'm really getting aggravated because they charge us a $50 pp cancellation fee each time we take advantage of their PRICE ASSURANCE POLICY. They claim they have to cancel the booking to adjust the price so, we are cancelling the cruise. If you read their PRICE ASSURANCE POLICY, there is nothing about a fee for the price adjustment. I love cruising with them but their home office seems a bit shady.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

I've also had two price adjustments on my Jan 2019 cruise. They charged the $50 fee each time, but gave us OBC in the fee amount. Since the policy says the can meet it by adjusting the price or by giving OBC, that seems within policy.

Our booking is through a TA so I don't know if they questioned or resisted the reduction, but it went through quickly & the TA didn't mention anything like that.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

I've also had two price adjustments on my Jan 2019 cruise. They charged the $50 fee each time, but gave us OBC in the fee amount. Since the policy says the can meet it by adjusting the price or by giving OBC, that seems within policy.

Our booking is through a TA so I don't know if they questioned or resisted the reduction, but it went through quickly & the TA didn't mention anything like that.

Sent from my Pixel using Forums mobile app

The first time they charged us $50pp and only gave us $50 OBC per booking. Sounds short $50 to me. Still waiting on new invoice for latest price reduction and, this time our TA said the once would be on a "future cruise". Waiting to see.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

Compare this to the airline industry. Price goes down, you get no option to rebook. Change your date and too bad. Car rental companies charge more closer to dates car needed. Best hotel rates now seem to be prepaid and no refund for cancellations. Windstar does have to pay people to work. An OBC for the fee or future credits certainly beats the rest of the travel business. I sometimes get frustrated with their change of policy from year to year but overall, paying for a substantial price reduction doesn't seem wrong to me. If you've already booked your airfare I will guarantee that it has gone up so early booking with a small price adjustment fee seems like a fair deal. Just my opinion. Happy sailing.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk