Staterooms on motor yachts (Shower/Bathtub)

melindda

Hi, for anyone that has stayed in the cabins that offer a walk in shower instead of a bathtub (not a handicapped room) - do you remember if there were one or two sinks in the bathroom. Shower make a mess all over the floor? Looking at Pride, however I believe all the yachts should be the same.

Thanks!

My TA was able to get the info - Pride :cool:cabins with shower have only 1 sink!

Not entirely true. The four cabins marked with a wheelchair have one sink. The following cabins have shower, no tub, and two sinks: 126, 127, 224, 225, 320, and 321.

Note: These rooms have what were Murphy beds in Seabourn days. While they no longer fold up into the wall, they cannot be divided into two twin beds.

Edited by marinaro44

Marinaro44, nicely questioning - are you sure that in cabins 126 &127 they have a shower & 2 sinks? Diagram shows shower but nothing about sinks.

I am getting conflicting info - we would prefer shower - however really want 2 sinks.

Thanks!

Marinaro44, nicely questioning - are you sure that in cabins 126 &127 they have a shower & 2 sinks? Diagram shows shower but nothing about sinks.

I am getting conflicting info - we would prefer shower - however really want 2 sinks.

Thanks!

Have not been in 126 or 127 yet, although we were booked in one of them on Pride this past December but were moved to 320 when maintenance was being done on our booked room. Then we were moved to 321. Both 320 and 321 have two sinks. You can see in this set of photos that 225 does as well:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/star-pride-723/oceanview-suite-2-324790/

All six of these rooms had the Murphy beds that allowed Seabourn to combine each of them with the adjoining room to make a two-room suite. The bed could be folded into the wall and be replaced by a dining table and chairs to make a nice suite. I am sure all six are identical except for deck number.

The rooms intended for those wth disability have one sink because both stateroom door and bathroom door are larger to accommodate wheelchairs, and this cuts into bathroom space resulting in room for only one sink. The closet is also smaller in the disability rooms because there needs to be more space to move around the bed in a wheelchair.

We are in 126 for three cruises in August and September. The shower is very nice and a two or three inch sill keeps water in the shower. Much nicer than having to climb into a tub.

I was in 320. Nice cabin. It has no tub. One sink. Walkin shower. There was a big step up to get into the bathroom. The space between the bed and the bathroom door is not much. You would have some problems if you were using a wheelchair. Hallways are narrow. There are no automatic doors. To access the tenders, you have to use the stairs outside. They are steep. Not great in wet or cold places. The Star ships are nice for mobile people. Newer ships have better options for handicap. Since the ships are not registered in the US, they do not have to comply with the ADA regulations.

I was in 320. Nice cabin. It has no tub. One sink. Walkin shower. There was a big step up to get into the bathroom. The space between the bed and the bathroom door is not much. You would have some problems if you were using a wheelchair. Hallways are narrow. There are no automatic doors. To access the tenders, you have to use the stairs outside. They are steep. Not great in wet or cold places. The Star ships are nice for mobile people. Newer ships have better options for handicap. Since the ships are not registered in the US, they do not have to comply with the ADA regulations.

We spent a week on Star Pride in December, first in 320 and then in 321 after a maintenance issue in 320. Both have two sinks. They are not intended for disabled passengers, nor are the similar shower-only cabins 126, 127, 224, and 225.

The two aftmost, portside cabins on decks four and five are configured for disabled use. Both bath and closet are smaller in the four cabins for the disabled in order to widen the space leading to the bathroom to accommodate a wheelchair. Because the bathroom is smaller in the four disabled cabins, they have only one sink.

Okay Marinaro44, I am counting on you! LOL!

I just reserved cabins 126 & 127 on the Pride - which hopefully will have a walk in shower and 2 sinks! Reserved cruise for late December and since you will be in that cabin Aug/Sept I am hoping that once aboard you will have a moment to confirm those 2 cabins for me. I will either be a happy camper (sailor) or try to switch our cabins!

Okay Marinaro44, I am counting on you! LOL!

I just reserved cabins 126 & 127 on the Pride - which hopefully will have a walk in shower and 2 sinks! Reserved cruise for late December and since you will be in that cabin Aug/Sept I am hoping that once aboard you will have a moment to confirm those 2 cabins for me. I will either be a happy camper (sailor) or try to switch our cabins!

We will be in 126 for more than a month this summer, so I will count the sinks and report back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone been in Cabin 134 HA? We are booked for this soon even though we did not need the HA.

Second seating

Have not stayed in one of the HA cabins on Pride but I did look inside 234 as it was offered to us as an upgrade for a future cruise. The differences I noted are a smaller bathroom with only one sink and a smaller closet, both a result of wider doors and wider space for wheelchair access into the cabin and into the bathroom.

• 1 month later...

Obviously the Star ships are not all the same. We were in 320 on the Legend. It had one sink and a walk in shower. I like the one sink. It allows more counter space. We did not have to store anything in the corner mirrored cabinet. When there are 2 sinks, we use that cabinet. Regardless, all the bathrooms on the motor ships are big. They are fabulous compared to the sailing ships.

This thread has just been "pinned" (made a sticky thread) to provide a reference for cabin information for Windstar's three motor yachts, the Star Breeze. the Star Legend and Star Pride. It joins two other "pinned" threads, one that covers the original Windstar sailing yachts, Windstar and Wind Spirit, and the other that covers the Wind Surf.

Hi Marinaro44 - hope you have a great cruise - when you have a chance will you get back to us and let us know if cabin 126 & 127 on the Pride both have walk-in showers and 2 sinks.

Whether counted from right to left or left to right, there are two sinks in Star Pride stateroom 126. I am sure this is true of 320 and 321, 224 and 225, and 127, the other non-disabled staterooms with walk-in shower and no tub on Pride.

Be aware the bed in these rooms cannot be separated into two twins.

126 appears to be in fine shape.

• 2 months later...

We just sailed on Star Breeze room 127. Yes we had  2 sinks, walk in shower, nice size room, smooth sailing and no vibration.  Service and food was excellent. Internet terrible, very little entertainment and ship is showing her age but still very clean and comfortable.  Based on previous reviews I was worried then pleasantly surprised.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Our bathroom on Star Pride , had a walk in shower. Only one sink.  The work had been done very poorly. Like they hacked it off, without doing much of a finish job.  The bathroom had other issues and was just not that nice.  I would never sail one their motor ships again until a dry dock renovation. It would have to be major to tempt me.