End of Summer Sale

minidonuts85

But don’t they have a 120 days time limit now for price adjustments?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They recently changed it to 90-days for any bookings made after Aug 15.

We booked awhile ago but luckily we were at 123 days at the time of this post and got an adjustment.

They recently changed it to 90-days for any bookings made after Aug 15.

We booked awhile ago but luckily we were at 123 days at the time of this post and got an adjustment.

We must have been too, we booked nine months ago and our sail date in Jan 12

We sail end of November so too late. But a question- it's holiday weekend so have to wait till tomorrow to find out from TA. But once in awhile on some other cruise lines we've been given a little OBC depending on the difference between price we paid and sale price. Any chance Windstar would throw in a little extra OBC or am I dreaming?

We sail end of November so too late. But a question- it's holiday weekend so have to wait till tomorrow to find out from TA. But once in awhile on some other cruise lines we've been given a little OBC depending on the difference between price we paid and sale price. Any chance Windstar would throw in a little extra OBC or am I dreaming?

I don't know - the 120-day price assurance policy only went into effect last fall, it was 7-days before that so it hasn't had a chance to come up for us. I don't think they would give you the difference between the two prices, but they might give a small amount as a consolation. Please let us know what happens.

My January 2019 cruise is slightly higher on the Summer Sale than my current price. We initially bought the cruise last spring and then got the price reduced in July. A couple of weeks ago, just before the 120-day mark it was on 7-for-7 for a lower price so we got the price reduced again. Each time it was repriced, we were charged a $50 cancel/rebook fee and Windstar gave us $50 OBC to cover the fee.

My question: since we did a cancel/rebook after 15 Aug, does that mean that we are now covered by the new 90-day price assurance policy? The price assurance policy says you gain any complimentary features associated with the new fare and lose any associated with the old fare when you get the reduction, so it seems like we should.

I guess I'll keep watching the price on my cruise for the next few weeks and if the price drops again, I'll find out.

New Cruiser. My sale price isn't even listed so not too sure that the price today is less than mine either. But if it is less then I'll ask my TA if it's possible to get a teensy bit of OBO. Stranger things have happened. I'll update tomorrow but bet anything cruise fare has actually gone up while it's "on sale" just like yours. Can't complain I thought what I got was a decent deal.

My question: since we did a cancel/rebook after 15 Aug, does that mean that we are now covered by the new 90-day price assurance policy? The price assurance policy says you gain any complimentary features associated with the new fare and lose any associated with the old fare when you get the reduction, so it seems like we should.

I guess I'll keep watching the price on my cruise for the next few weeks and if the price drops again, I'll find out.

Since they technically rebook you, I'd think so.

Well, the price of my cruise has actually gone UP on "sale" per my TA. She also said because I'm past final payment there would have been a 35% penalty fee had the fare been lower and I wanted to switch. So obviously no more OBC. If my fare had gone down past final payment I'd still pester for some OBC just for the heck of it. I know my TA can be persuasive.

Well, the price of my cruise has actually gone UP on "sale" per my TA. She also said because I'm past final payment there would have been a 35% penalty fee had the fare been lower and I wanted to switch. So obviously no more OBC. If my fare had gone down past final payment I'd still pester for some OBC just for the heck of it. I know my TA can be persuasive.

They don't all go on sale even in the big sale weeks. Our Star Legend Spanish Serenade cruise spring 2017 never went on sale, the price only went up.