Excursions, Dining and Shows oh my!

allaboard2019

Just booked a RC western Caribbean cruise for April 2019. First time cruising. I have several questions -

Is the $75 choose 3 restaurant dinners worth is?

We purchased the $50 deluxe drink package - possibility of going cheaper?

When can we start to book shows onboard?

Any suggestions/advice for this newbie is appreciated!

HI, we always take the dining package when it is offered as a perk. While the NDR (main dining room) has great food and service, it is nice to try the specialty restaurants.

The drink package we hardly every take if we have to pay full price, as a perk we will. Even if the drink package is $50.00 a day per person each person has to drink at least 5-6 drinks a day to pay for it. Since my DH (dear husband) does not drink and I will have a couple of drinks a day -- just not worth it. This is really true if the trip is port intensive since you will be off the ship those days. We do not mind getting the free coffee, ice tea and juices from the buffet area. We just fill a insulated water bottle in the morning. At meals we jus ask for water. So that question only you can answer.

Hope this helps.

Don't know what ship you'll be on..that will affect our answers a bit.

Included in your fare is ice water, coffee, tea (Iced or hot), lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast. Alcohol and sodas always cost extra...and they do jack up the prices to "gouging" levels...more like a football stadium price than a vacation resort price. If you are a drinker, then a package is a decent deal. If you only occasionally have a drink, then just buy one when you want one. The "extra fluff" included in the packages is unused by us....and I suspect by many!

Yes...$25 pp for specialty dining is a bargain (if it's $75 for 3 restaurants, PP)