SeaTac Plane Hijacked 8/11/18

CleverFirst

We live in wild times. My thoughts go out to anyone who knew the depressed young mechanic who stole the Alaskan Airlines plane. I wish them comfort and perspective during this tough time. To the air traffic controllers who showed compassion and empathy during such a high tension situation: you are heroes. This situation could have escalated to something horrific.

Here is a link to one of the many news articles with video and audio.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/11/us/plane-crash-unauthorized-takeoff/index.html

And I really hope TSA at SeaTac doesn't somehow make this into an excuse for them to drag out the ridiculous security theater they still insist we go through, that fails 95% of testing. I've heard nothing but good things about efficiency at SeaTac, and see no reason why a safety breach by an employee has anything to do with commercial passengers or the airport security experience.

It was bizarre. I live in the flight path between SEA and PDX and heard the sonic boom when they scrambled the fighters. Then friends who were at Hood Canal were observing the maneuvers of the plane.

It could have been so much worse. The communication recordings they've shared on the news made the subject sound as though he just got a crazy whim and took off surprising even himself, rather than a dark planned out suicide. I guess nobody can know the real story now.

We live in wild times. My thoughts go out to anyone who knew the depressed young mechanic who stole the Alaskan Airlines plane. I wish them comfort and perspective during this tough time. To the air traffic controllers who showed compassion and empathy during such a high tension situation: you are heroes. This situation could have escalated to something horrific.

Here is a link to one of the many news articles with video and audio.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/11/us/plane-crash-unauthorized-takeoff/index.html

And I really hope TSA at SeaTac doesn't somehow make this into an excuse for them to drag out the ridiculous security theater they still insist we go through, that fails 95% of testing. I've heard nothing but good things about efficiency at SeaTac, and see no reason why a safety breach by an employee has anything to do with commercial passengers or the airport security experience.

You are fear-mongering you need to delete this thread

You really serious don't get it do you. The incident that had absolutely nothing to do with travel with cruising with anybody on this forum.

What I don't get is your rude response on this usually quite polite forum. Obviously the original post was silly. but I still don't understand why someone would waste time referring to it as fearmongering, unless the implication is that someone would actually be scared by what happened.

What I don't get is your rude response on this usually quite polite forum. Obviously the original post was silly. but I still don't understand why someone would waste time referring to it as fearmongering, unless the implication is that someone would actually be scared by what happened.

Now you just arent making sense