Laundry by the bag

JRondo

RC website says they can do laundry by the piece but they also have laundry wash and fold by the bag for $35. Does anyone know about how big the bag is they have you use?

I was hoping to do 1/2 week laundry for four and wondering how many bags.

Thank you.

I guess it depends on how much you want to wash. Bags aren't big enough to do much. For mid-week I can usually get all my dirty underwear, socks, maybe a pair of board shorts, and day time deck T-shirts. It's a wash and fold bag for that price and usually the deal shows up around Day 3. Plus, make sure to read the fine print on turn around time. I didn't and was washing out some tighty whites in the sink.

I don't recall the dimensions, but it's a plastic bag, about two thirds the size of the paper bag you usually find in the closet. The bag comes with a list of allowed items. Things like t-shirts, shorts, pajamas, swim wear, socks, and underwear. Anything else put in the bag will be charged at the piece rate. No limit on the number of items, other than it must fit in the bag.

Comes in handy if you are trying to pack lighter, or just want less to do when you return home. We utilized it on our Alaskan cruisetour (10 nights) and our recent B2B (17 nights with pre-cruise stay).

We've found it's not worth it for shorter periods, but your mileage may vary. May also get a discount depending on C&A level.

Do they have a list of what can be put in the bag? I was thinking shorts, t-shirts, polos. Guessing polos might not be ok?

Thanks

Don't put anything in there that you care about. I believe they was with a 50/50 bleach solution and set the water temp at 500. then after your clothes are folded they are pressed under the weight of the anchor.;p

If my wife reads this, I will be the guy carrying 20 bags of dirty laundry onto the ship at embarkation.

JB

Lol that would be a very expensive way to do it.

Make sure to roll everything up, you'll get more in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

Yes! I've tried several methods of stuffing the bag, and rolling seems to work best.

We used it on our RC cruise. We put underwear, shirts (including polo), shorts and PJ's in the bag, we really stuffed it. It is all washed in hot water and super hot dryer so items could shrink. We didn't have anything ruined and no colors faded, we had a fix of whites and darks in the bag.

Keep in mind, it’s only items like underwear, t-shirts, pajamas, swimsuits & such. If you put a non-covered item in the bag, they’ll charge you the regular price for those items.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's good info, thanks! We've washed our jeans in the laundry bag on other cruises so we'd be able to wear them home after the cruise so we'll have to figure that out.

Not sure about RCL but I always do this on cruises. Helps this mama out when we get back home. Worth every penny. I normally just do all of my children's clothes and our underwear because they are small and I can pack the bag extremely full and get a ton washed.

We love RCCL, but wish they would redesign the ships to incorporate self serve laundry like Princess does. We were on a 10 day Princess cruise in April and were able to utilize this service during a sea day. It cost $12.00 to wash and dry a load. This convenience was cheaper than the current RCCL practice, gave us control of washing, drying and ironing and allowed us to pack fewer clothes and therefore, less luggage had to be dragged around. We'll be on an 11 day cruise with RCCL in March and will have choices to make in packing or utilizing the RCCL laundry service. Based on the Princess footprint, it would only take 2 inside staterooms per deck and I would think would generate more revenue each day than they would make by booking the staterooms.

We love RCCL, but wish they would redesign the ships to incorporate self serve laundry like Princess does. We were on a 10 day Princess cruise in April and were able to utilize this service during a sea day. It cost $12.00 to wash and dry a load. This convenience was cheaper than the current RCCL practice, gave us control of washing, drying and ironing and allowed us to pack fewer clothes and therefore, less luggage had to be dragged around. We'll be on an 11 day cruise with RCCL in March and will have choices to make in packing or utilizing the RCCL laundry service. Based on the Princess footprint, it would only take 2 inside staterooms per deck and I would think would generate more revenue each day than they would make by booking the staterooms.

Not going to happen. They still make more money charging for them washing our clothes then if had self serve...

Not going to happen. They still make more money charging for them washing our clothes then if had self serve...

Plus, they would have maintenance costs and have to deal with leaks, etc.