Coke Freestyle: Plain DASANI water available?

roquejo

I'm just wondering, in Allure which has the coke freestyle machines, of all the 100+ varieties of Coke products available on that machine, do they happen to include the plain DASANI bottle water variety. Or do they only put the flavored water ones.

It will be a great value if they have a plain water product, as even for those who limit sugary drinks, can opt for the unlimited Dasani plain water instead of buying a bottled water package.

Cool, then the soda package has a tremendous value, because it now appeals to greater number of people, not just for heavy soda drinks.

I guess I have to see the machine at Allure first before buying rather than buying online. To make sure it is avail on that ship and on that particular sailing date

Cool, then the soda package has a tremendous value, because it now appeals to greater number of people, not just for heavy soda drinks.

I guess I have to see the machine at Allure first before buying rather than buying online. To make sure it is avail on that ship and on that particular sailing date

I agree, checking on board before you purchase is a good idea.

If you get plain water, you are merely getting the filtered water from the ship which is probably the same as the water from your faucet.

If you get flavored water then you are getting water mixed with flavoring.

You will not get just plain actual dasani water from the freestyle machine.

One interesting thing about the Freestyle machine is that the boxes with the flavoring in them do not contain sweetener in that box. So when you get a coca-cola, it dispenses bubbly water, coke flavor, and high-fructose corn syrup.

I was at a Five Guys where the Coke repairman was fixing the machine and he was dispensing only HFCS and it was rather weird seeing the thick syrup being dispensed by itself.

If you get a Caffeine Free Diet Coke with Cherry Vanilla it dispenses:

Bubbly water, Caffeine Free Diet Code flavor, an artificial sweetener, vanilla flavor and cherry flavor all at the same time.

It is actually a very impressive system if you ask me. The other advantage of not having the sweetener in each flavor is that it makes the flavor boxes much smaller so they can have more flavors in the machine.

Every single pour is sent back to Coca-Cola headquarters so they can keep track of what is popular, and what they should bottle for consumers.

I know with the machines around here people dispense a whole cup of some weird flavor combination, take a single sip then dump it out and try something else. Having the every xx minute restriction that the cruise ship enforces will limit that.

Edited by reedl

If you don't want pop all that often, the ship's water is just as good. Plus it's free. So you might keep that in mind when calculating if the soda package is right for you.

Having a look at all the options on the freestyle web page, http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/#!/100-brands/ I don't see plain water, just non-sparkling flavoured water. However every pop fountain uses water, so I guess it would work.

I know in the Coca-Cola Freestyle machines, there is a Dasani still water plain option as well as a sparkling plain. I hope those options are available on the ship as well!

I did not look for Dasani still water but I did try to find a plain sparkling water and did not see one. Is Dasani Sensations their sparkling line? If it is, there was no plain option on the Freedom. It did have Seagrams sparkling seltzer water which is what I was drinking. I did try the Dasani Sensations grape but it was like a weak, Fanta Zero grape so I stayed with the Fanta Zero.

I don't usually drink Dasani anyway since it is just a filtered water from a public water source. I usually stick to spring water. Since the ship sells Evian, which I hate, we went with the freestyle machines. I did feel that the taste of the sparkling seltzer from the freestyle machines was better than from the soda from the bars due to the additional filtration of freestyle machine.

I would definitely look at the actual machine and see if you see the options you are looking for, do not depend on the crew member selling the cups because they don't always understand what you are asking. We even encountered two servers in the WJ telling anyone who went near the machines that they didn't work. She pushed buttons and said see, broken, no soda. Someone stuck a cup on one of the machines and showed her that it actually worked.:rolleyes:

I agree, checking on board before you purchase is a good idea.

I see by your signature that you also cruised on the Serenity. Do you know if the Free Style Coke Machine is available on the Serenity?

Edited by lady_cruiser

I see by your signature that you also cruised on the Serenity. Do you know if the Free Style Coke Machine is available on the Serenity?

No, the Freestyle machines are only on Explorer, Freedom, Enchantment, Oasis, Allure, and Majesty.

If you get plain water, you are merely getting the filtered water from the ship which is probably the same as the water from your faucet.

From the website "In designing DASANI to be the best tasting water, we start with the local water supply, which is then filtered by reverse osmosis to remove impurities." In short, it's ALL just filtered water, and questionable whether there's any difference between what comes from the freestyle machine and what comes out of juice machine in the Windjammer.

Ding ding ding

I don't usually get soda packages as I'm not that young anymore and might lose self control due to the fact it is unlimited and no hassle in asking a bartender for a drink but was amazed by the lineup of flavors and it is something new..

So just playing with this machine that is not available in my home country while on vacation is one incentive to get the soda package.

But knowing my tendency, this might lead me to drinking exclusive soda on a cruise more than water is not good, due to its numerous flavors to try and that hi tech vending machine.

So if they add a still water option, at least it can reduce the temptation of getting sugar or artificial sugar drinks all the time.

Plus getting ice cold still water as it dispense ice as well on a cool machine if you want to take a break from soda and especially having more places of getting water as Allure is so big, can make paying for it a better value.

I know we can get the ship's tap water from the dispensers in places like Windjammer, Cafe Promenade, or even in the water fountains in the sports deck, but sometimes you have to walk that far from your stateroom just to fill your sports bottle then again walk back to your cabin for a ship as big as allure.

And since this coke freestyle machine is scattered through out the ship, having a still water option means you have more places where you can get water, this means less walk which is a big plus for such as big ship as allure.

This of course is on top of the unlimited soda which you can have while in are in a mood or in meals.

I love soda especially with meals, but I don't want to drink exclusively soda even in between meals throughout the cruise just to get my money's worth on the soda package.

So even the still water is not among the choices in the freestyle website, but is reportedly in Enchantment of the seas...

It may be possible that they have it in Allure as well.

Edited by roquejo

All drinks machines need to be connected to a water supply and where do you think the water comes from on a ship? Yup the same supply as you get everywhere else on the ship.

There isn't a separate water pipe connected between the freestyle machines on the ship to a Coke plant on land for a better tasting water onboard.

If you get plain water, you are merely getting the filtered water from the ship which is probably the same as the water from the ship

:confused:The machine generates all Coke products. Now why would Royal say its Dasani and why would Coke allow them to use filtered ship water for their product.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Forums mobile app

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

If you get plain water, you are merely getting the filtered water from the ship which is probably the same as the water from the ship

:confused:The machine generates all Coke products. Now why would Royal say its Dasani and why would Coke allow them to use filtered ship water for their product.

Maybe the machine contains a separate filter that filters the incoming water to Dasani specifications, thereby allowing RCI to use the Dasani name? That would be my best guess. Think about local bottling plants - they are using the area's local water supply and filtering it to produce all of the various beverages. They are not all getting their water from the same source. So, my guess is that they filter the water to such and such purity levels to achieve Dasani quality standards.

Maybe the machine contains a separate filter that filters the incoming water to Dasani specifications, thereby allowing RCI to use the Dasani name? That would be my best guess. Think about local bottling plants - they are using the area's local water supply and filtering it to produce all of the various beverages. They are not all getting their water from the same source. So, my guess is that they filter the water to such and such purity levels to achieve Dasani quality standards.

It's basically tap water. It's not even properly filtered, and the 'quality standards' are non-existent,

You can get plain water at any bar, your cabin, windjammer, mdr, waterfountains ,all included in the price of the cruise

All that ice needed for coke products made with ships water

Edited by setsail

It's basically tap water. It's not even properly filtered, and the 'quality standards' are non-existent,

Doesn't surprise me if that's the case one bit. I will only buy a bottled water once in a while for a convenience issue, but see many people who live on bottled water and REFUSE to drink anything else. I'm not referring to people who live out in the country with questionable well water, I'm talking about people who live with municipal water. I can see some people using bottled water by the smell and taste of their well water, though.

That is also my question.

Same goes for the "original" Seagram's seltzer sparkling water... you can't just use the ship's water and put a known brand on it..

Perhaps there is something we don't know of.

Edited by roquejo