Wonderful cruise on Insignia!

bradpole

Grill is indoor in Terrace and one can get a variety of things grilled to order every day.

ATW16 Chef Farid would bring an outdoor grill onto Terrace veranda and cook whatever he had purchased that day but cookout was not offered every day.

Word would spread throughout the ship, attendance in Dining Room would fall as cruisers came to Terrace for dinner--and then complained because it was crowded and they couldn't find a table.....

very popular, usually unannounced more than a couple of hours before dinner, but always appreciated. Chef Farid.... simply the best guy to go ATW with.

You got it right... In fact in Sept I am flying out to Maine to grab some good rolls ( reds..clamshack..thurston...mc loons) claws is it.

OK - you all claw lovers can have my claws if I can have your tails :D

Deal? :)

Grill is indoor in Terrace and one can get a variety of things grilled to order every day.

ATW16 Chef Farid would bring an outdoor grill onto Terrace veranda and cook whatever he had purchased that day but cookout was not offered every day.

Word would spread throughout the ship, attendance in Dining Room would fall as cruisers came to Terrace for dinner--and then complained because it was crowded and they couldn't find a table.....

very popular, usually unannounced more than a couple of hours before dinner, but always appreciated. Chef Farid.... simply the best guy to go ATW with.

Thanks, I'm very familiar with the regular grill in the Terrace, I've just never seen one outside.

Is this for food that's not conducive to cook indoors, or just another thing for them to do?

Do you recall who the chef was? Was it Farid as was mentioned being on the ATW16 cruise? Insignia just finished up this year's ATW cruise so it's possible that it was him.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Forums mobile app

No, the chef is listed as Ronald Smith.

It was listed in currents as Fish Alfresco Dinner buffet. While I was in the fitness center CD announced that they will be doing it again tonight with salmon and sea bass.

We will probably check it out, because the baked leaf wrapped Miso glazed sea bass is on the menu for Terrace also. Hopefully, it is the Red Ginger version.

Another new thing, Concierge cabins have to request the amenity tote bags from their room steward.

Perhaps I missed the meet and greet. I did meet Mary from the 8/4/18 Roll Call.

It was an amazing cruise. Our first time on Oceania and loved it so much we booked another for next year. Hopefully the tubs will be out of the PH bathrooms by then! I did try to post a review.

We were on the cruise immediately before your's. The ship's staff purchased 1,000 pounds of lobsters while we were in Bar Harbor. That evening every restaurant on-board offered a different lobster preparation. In the GDR it was "lobster a la parisienne" which was very much like lobster thermidor. So delicious -- we each had 2. :D

No, the chef is listed as Ronald Smith.

Another new thing, Concierge cabins have to request the amenity tote bags from their room steward.

I've left them in the rooms that last few times we had them. I've got at least 5 or 6 different Oceania styles.

My wife worked in education and you wouldn't believe how many tote bags were collected over the years from conventions etc. I couldn't even give them away at my last garage sale.

I've left them in the rooms that last few times we had them. I've got at least 5 or 6 different Oceania styles.

My wife worked in education and you wouldn't believe how many tote bags were collected over the years from conventions etc. I couldn't even give them away at my last garage sale.

LOL...just a warning to pack an old one for days in port.

DH was about to pack a small backpack for this trip, but I told him the tote would probably do the trick for this trip.... so I actually missed it not being in the room. I had only brought a smallish purse, so in Newport we were trying to do the cliffwalk, holding water bottles, Tom’s Port Guide, cameras and such.

In the GDR it was "lobster a la parisienne" which was very much like lobster thermidor. So delicious -- we each had 2. :D

You little piggies :eek:

Did you go to the gym the next day :)

I never use then either

I have one plus one I like better than O bag :halo:

Concierge cabins have to request the amenity tote bags from their room steward.

On my only O cruise (in a veranda cabin), I didn't get one. I like to use them at Aldi and Costco. I have several nice canvas bags from Princess that are sturdy.

I'll be in a PH suite for the next O cruise...what type of bag do they give? Thin paper or sturdy?

On my only O cruise (in a veranda cabin), I didn't get one. I like to use them at Aldi and Costco. I have several nice canvas bags from Princess that are sturdy.

I'll be in a PH suite for the next O cruise...what type of bag do they give? Thin paper or sturdy?

Only concierge & above get the tote bags

The ones in Concierge are a lined vinyl tote

Similar to this

b541334d75bab1b794e3431a9fb7f221.jpg

not sure if PH are the same

Edited by LHT28

Wow...a real charcoal grill? Did they cook only fish on it, or other meats as well?:)

Wow...a real charcoal grill? Did they cook only fish on it, or other meats as well?:)

I don't think anyone mentioned charcoal?

I'd be willing to bet it was electric.

I don't think anyone mentioned charcoal?

I'd be willing to bet it was electric.

We were on a couple 'R' ship sailings on Azamara where they had deck Bar-B-Q parties and used charcoal-fired grills to cook steaks, chicken, fish, etc. Haven't experienced that with 'O' ... yet.

I’ll do a Terrace reconnaissance mission in a few days. They were cooking fish outside on the grill last night.

One note, there is no longer a “taste of Red Ginger” portion on the MDR menu. Tonight is Captains’s night and the Miso glazed sea bass is on it as a regular selection.

I love the miso glazed sea bass so glad to hear that it will be on the menu at least once. We are on Insignia on 3rd Sept and cannot wait.

I love the miso glazed sea bass so glad to hear that it will be on the menu at least once. We are on Insignia on 3rd Sept and cannot wait.

Yes, although its disappointing to hear that it's on the Captain's Night which (I assume) has other fancier entrees in addition to the sea bass. I guess it might have to be a 2 entree night.

Yes, although its disappointing to hear that it's on the Captain's Night which (I assume) has other fancier entrees in addition to the sea bass. I guess it might have to be a 2 entree night.

There are no "special entrees" on the Captain's party night

It is just another night

There are no "special entrees" on the Captain's party night

It is just another night

Oh, so it's not like formal night (which I know that Oceania doesn't have) on other lines? Does Oceania have anything like that when they have an upgraded lobster tail and stuff like that? Or does it just show up randomly? And yes, I know you can get it at The Terrace every night.

Only concierge & above get the tote bags

The ones in Concierge are a lined vinyl tote

Similar to this

b541334d75bab1b794e3431a9fb7f221.jpg

not sure if PH are the same

There was a blue tote bag hanging in our closet in our Concierge cabin. Didn't have to ask for it.

Mary