Oceania NEXT

LaCroisiereS'amuse

I think they will be announcing their next ship. According to this article from 2016 they've supposedly been working on it's design. Just a guess of course!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2016/04/29/oceania-cruises-new-ships/83691906/

I'm inclined to agree with you.......they were sold a pup with Sirena, spending way more than they wanted to bringing her up to standard as the Carnival Corp lines had done little to their 2 R ships.

Just hit my spam box --

Sorry -- NO NEW SHIP!!!!

Refit of the R ships -- they announced this in May but did not provide details...

Called it Re-Inspire Enhancement project. $100M investment -- which is the title of the You Tube

$25M per ship or $15M over a normal drydock.

Slide 144/145

http://www.nclhltdinvestor.com/static-files/753ec2ad-4cd0-4f81-9515-c560d58d63c8

Edited by PaulMCO

Basically looks like they will redecorate them to more like the O class ships decor

Do not see $25 mil is enough for a refit

Just as long as they do not do what Azamara did to their cabins :eek:

just saying

We're just off Insignia and there was talk of big changes coming in November. Seems one change will be the Tuscan Steak House/Red Ginger model.

Lord I hope not. We spent 34 days on the Sirena in 2017 with the Tuscan/Red Ginger combo. The general consensus was that the Tuscan was a big mistake in both menu and decor. Many favorites disappeared and the stark black and white decor was not appealing. Also, Red Ginger is good (once of twice) but hard to find more than one or two items that each person likes. Post cruise comments and comments here on CC were generally not supportive of the changes. I had hoped the Oceania brass had gotten the message.

Basically looks like they will redecorate them to more like the O class ships decor

Do not see $25 mil is enough for a refit

Just as long as they do not do what Azamara did to their cabins :eek:

just saying

Question what did Azamara do to their cabins ???? I know that they raised their fares a lot.

They destroyed the classic elegance of these 'R' ships ... traded that for a very modern look.

Thanks....

like Viking's ultra modern/sterile Scandinavian garbage to enjoy your sardeen and cod roe on.....

Gotta say the decor and ambiance of an R ship , to me reeks class...... I agree

Is it possible that after fifteen (15) years with the exact same menus many cruisers have tired of only having the PG and Toscana menus as an option for Specialties?

I look forward to the possible changes. I have a twenty day cruise on the Nautica booked for next summer. God do I wish they’d make the change before then! Almost certainly they won’t!:loudcry::mad:

Is it possible that after fifteen (15) years with the exact same menus many cruisers have tired of only having the PG and Toscana menus as an option for Specialties?

I look forward to the possible changes. I have a twenty day cruise on the Nautica booked for next summer. God do I wish they’d make the change before then! Almost certainly they won’t!:loudcry::mad:

I think we have discussed this before.

How many times a year do you cruise on Oceania? If it is only once or twice it would equal to eating once or twice a year in the same restaurant in your home town - not that unusual.Perhaps you don’t even cruise every year?

On your 20 day cruise you’ll probably have 2 reservations in each specialty. Can you not choose/like a different item on the menu from each restaurant on the second visit? Or is it that you just like a single item on each menu and thus it would be repetitive? We cruise regularly on Oceania and I still look forward to having my favorites in each specialty.

At home I have a few favorite restaurants that we rotate and I have some favorites from each restaurant that we rotate as well. These restaurants don’t change their menus all the time and sometimes when they do they might remove my favorite dish.

First world problems.

PS Speaking of no changes in the menus, Jacques removed my favorite appetizer - seared foie gras. The change wasn’t so great for me - I wish they hadn’t changed :)

Changes can go both ways - some for the better and some for the worse (like Tuscan Steak, IMO)

Paul;

On a twenty day cruise on an R ship, one gets three reservations in each of the two Specialties. Same as the 21 day cruise I did last Summer. The number of guaranteed reservations decline on the O ships with their four restaurants.

All my favorite local restaurants regularly change menus to maximize locally produced fresh produce.

There are items on the menu that I love, the prime rib for example in PG. However, there is only so much prime rib, or beef in general, that’ll I’ll eat over a short period (20 days) in time. I’m not like Hawaiidan that’ll eat lobster everyday on a 20 day cruise, so I understand how opinions might differ on the issue. To me, the change means truly more distinct options .

I think we have discussed this before.

How many times a year do you cruise on Oceania? If it is only once or twice it would equal to eating once or twice a year in the same restaurant in your home town - not that unusual.Perhaps you don’t even cruise every year?

On your 20 day cruise you’ll probably have 2 reservations in each specialty. Can you not choose/like a different item on the menu from each restaurant on the second visit? Or is it that you just like a single item on each menu and thus it would be repetitive? We cruise regularly on Oceania and I still look forward to having my favorites in each specialty.

At home I have a few favorite restaurants that we rotate and I have some favorites from each restaurant that we rotate as well. These restaurants don’t change their menus all the time and sometimes when they do they might remove my favorite dish.

First world problems.

PS Speaking of no changes in the menus, Jacques removed my favorite appetizer - seared foie gras. The change wasn’t so great for me - I wish they hadn’t changed :)

Changes can go both ways - some for the better and some for the worse (like Tuscan Steak, IMO)

Ditto, especially Tuscan Steak.

There are items on the menu that I love, the prime rib for example in PG. However, there is only so much prime rib, or beef in general, that’ll I’ll eat over a short period (20 days) in time. I’m not like Hawaiidan that’ll eat lobster everyday on a 20 day cruise, so I understand how opinions might differ on the issue. To me, the change means truly more distinct options .

OK. Polo is a steak house. In addition to prime rib and 4 different cuts of beef they also offer veal, pork, lamb and chicken. In addition they offer various options of lobster, shrimp, salmon, swordfish and tuna:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/Documents/Menus/1708/Polo-Grill-Dinner-Menu-OClass.pdf

Seems to me like a lot of choices other than just prime rib and beef. This is not to mention the variety offered as appetizers (oysters, crab, foie gras, escargot and others)

What specifically would you add or change on this menu?

Edited by Paulchili

And I was unhappy when Jacques eliminated the mussels appetizer.

Since they regularly ran out of mussels before the end of a cruise, I think I can understand why they did so ... but I miss them!

Mura