Can anyone help please....transatlantic disembarkation in Barbados

andante

We are travelling on the Fantasia, genoa to barbados next month. MSC has arranged our flights and transfers. The return flight is anytime between 17.00 and 19.00 hrs, depending on which site you look at. I have looked at an older post which travelled the same journey (not fantasia) and they say they were allowed to stay onboard until 14.00 hrs and then taken to the airport. I don't think there is any new boarding at barbados and there will still be passengers remaining that are going on to martinique, where I think the ship will operate its caribbean itinerary from.

Does anyone have any experience of this...or the chance of it recurring on Fantasia, or in fact any good ideas how to cope with a whole day at the airport? Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I am on the same cruise.

I have previously done a departure from Barbados with P&O and passed my time by visiting the Concorde exhibition right next to the terminal. I can now tell everyone I had seat 001. I just omit to say it never took off!

We are travelling on the Fantasia, genoa to barbados next month. MSC has arranged our flights and transfers. The return flight is anytime between 17.00 and 19.00 hrs, depending on which site you look at. I have looked at an older post which travelled the same journey (not fantasia) and they say they were allowed to stay onboard until 14.00 hrs and then taken to the airport. I don't think there is any new boarding at barbados and there will still be passengers remaining that are going on to martinique, where I think the ship will operate its caribbean itinerary from.

Does anyone have any experience of this...or the chance of it recurring on Fantasia, or in fact any good ideas how to cope with a whole day at the airport? Many thanks

We're doing a round trip on MSC Fantasia from Barbados in January 2018, and were having similar thoughts.

Our flight departs either 17:30 or 19:20, depending on whether we fly to Gatwick or Heathrow - and the transfers from the ship to Barbados airport are included as part of the MSC package.

Although we've had a cruise stop in Barbados before, we only did a catamaran excursion, so don't feel we actually saw anything of the island.

Does anyone know if MSC offer any excursions terminating at the airport? And if so, which ones, and what the timings are - as we'd really like to visit the Concorde Experience too. Is this possible?

Contact Teds Tours Barbados and see if he can do anything for you. We have been to Barbados many times and always try and get a Teds Tour, he is always late, I do not know how many children he has now, thats his excuse for being late. Every tour with him was so much fun, OK we did have to jump up and down to look over the wall to see the worlds biggest Banyan tree, and climb on stools to see the green monkeys, but that was part of the tour. Very enjoyable , I would really recommend.

• 4 weeks later...