NCL Sun aft balcony v. Mini suite v. Aft mini suite

Alaskan_Kate

currently booked in a regular mini suite on the Sun for Cuba in June 2018. Wondering if aft balcony or aft mini suite is better? I believe the aft cabins/balconies are smaller than their regular counterparts, but may offer better views etc. what are your thoughts?

The aft minis on Sun are some of the nicest in the fleet. We had one on 10. Go for 9 first, then 10, and 8 last.

We also saw aft balcony next door. Aft mini way bigger. The minis in the front are nice too but the afts are nice. Note some reports of soot on balcony (we did) and for a long time intermittent sewer smells back there but haven't seen any reports of late.

The best cabin by far on any of our cruises was the aft mini suite on the Sun. It was wonderful. The balcony was amazing! There was room for 2 lounger chairs, 2 regular chairs and 2 tables. The aft mini suites also do not have connecting doors like the aft balconies do.

The bathroom was huge with a large closet, a separate toilet room, a sitting area and a full size bathtub. The living area was large as well with room for a full size couch and coffee table.

And of course the views from the aft are incredible and very expansive!

Here is a link to my review which has several photos of the aft mini suite near the beginning of the review. Highly recommend an aft mini if one is available for you. And as noted above, try to get Deck 9 first, then 10, 8 last (we were on Deck 9).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2420223

So glad I read this. Took your advice and switched my aft balcony to the mini suite next door on deck 9.

Thanx

The best cabin by far on any of our cruises was the aft mini suite on the Sun. It was wonderful. The balcony was amazing! There was room for 2 lounger chairs, 2 regular chairs and 2 tables. The aft mini suites also do not have connecting doors like the aft balconies do.

The bathroom was huge with a large closet, a separate toilet room, a sitting area and a full size bathtub. The living area was large as well with room for a full size couch and coffee table.

And of course the views from the aft are incredible and very expansive!

Here is a link to my review which has several photos of the aft mini suite near the beginning of the review. Highly recommend an aft mini if one is available for you. And as noted above, try to get Deck 9 first, then 10, 8 last (we were on Deck 9).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2420223

So glad I read this. Took your advice and switched my aft balcony to the mini suite next door on deck 9.

Thanx

That is a good move. As described above the aft mini is set up nicely. It is quite like a regular suite in many ways with the sitting room and separation plus much larger than the balcony room. I haven't seen any recent pics of the furniture though as that was kind of banged up (wood furniture) as couches have been replaced.

Only thing better than the aft minis on Sun are the forward facing balconies on deck 11 - the room itself is about the same as the aft minis, the balconies are even bigger, the only downside is that they have the standard balcony bathroom but since I don't like a tub, it worked fine for me, shower curtain and all...and the extra money in my pocket is always a good thing!

But you will have a great time in your aft mini!

I have a Sun forward facing balcony booked for Cuba in May does anyone have pictures?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would also be interested in pics of forward facing mini suites. That said all of you have convinced me that either a forward or aft mini suite will be in order!